It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin: stop Putin with nukes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It's early so maybe I'm not awake and am reading some of this wrong, and typically I'd be the last person to defend Sarah Palin if she said something stupid, which in my opinion (formed from the exposure she gets in the media, which by all accounts is extraordinarily controlled by her and her people) is 99% of the time. To me she's simply someone who happens to have charisma on some levels, is great at public speaking and capturing an audience, but really doesn't have any intelligence or even two brain cells to rub together in her head.

That being said, and in the context this is being presented in, I don't see this statement as a suggestion or encouragement that anyone nuke anyone in this or any other situation. What she said is more of a statement against disarmament than anything else. Nukes don't have to be used to stop craziness. The mere fact that they exist in the arsenals of both parties to a disagreement is often enough to do so.

So the parallels some are drawing between this statement and the NRA statement are probably the accurate ones.

edit on 3/9/2014 by ~Lucidity because: typo

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

onthedownlow
It worked for Reagan, but its a whole lot funner to call a female conservative stupid. I guess its easy when you intentionally take things out of context. I think its intentional...

edit on 9-3-2014 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

You mean she was making a joke?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg
reply to post by Xcathdra

Which is the worrying part. The Republican base is getting more and more partisan and increasingly right wing. If they cheered Palin for remarks that were this damn stupid what else will they cheer for?

Im sorry who stated you can put lipstick on a pig?

AngryCymraeg
If they cheered Palin for remarks that were this damn stupid what else will they cheer for?

Good question - While we explore that question maybe we can help Obama find his way since

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon
. We can take

the "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." —Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011

Maybe I am being to hard on Obama, after all don't we owe him some "rspct"?

I was going to suggest Biden could come along, but he is to busy in Virginia telling the people "Romney will 'put you all back in chains'

Everyone says something stupid at one time or another. They also say things that are meant to be sarcastic and don't come across in that manner.

Respectfully, Both sides are guilty so how about easing up some on the moral high ground?
edit on 9-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm no big fan of the woman, but it surprises me how many people are jumping on her and calling her stupid for these remarks and they didn't even stop to see, check or look into it, to find that it was a joke....

I think people are just taking words and running with it. They're doing the same thing the media is doing. Jeeze.. At least look into it and see where it's coming from and how it was presented, first.

IT's A Joke People! She wasn't serious.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Given her track record, you can expect no other, I mean, she deserves it.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Man... I was employed by a nameless agency to reinforce her unbelievable talking points. The reason why she talks and gets press is because, simply, because she can. She appeals to a certain demographic. The same people who can disregard her affairs with a Glen Rice are demonizing our current prez and saying liberals are ruining our country, neverminding that if she were institutionalized, she would be kept there.

This whole Ukraine situation... We know less than the players. Palin knows nothing. If she is allowed to give insight, than people are deprived of real insight.

Know-nothings can sabre rattle too. The only thing is that she fails to bring a fact to the argument. Putin has a few cards.

I don't agree with the developments, yet, I can't disagree with the guy's motive. Obama would probably do the same, yet have a more sycophantically styled sales talk in order to make people accept it. Being a gifted orator doesn't make the button work faster.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So wait...

Who's the bad guy?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Man, she has to be one of my favorite characters on this show.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

Obviously, Sarah.

If you understand the sanctity of life... You would never advocate extincting an entire people. Races try to do it today with a not as clear a goal. Why kill people who have never hurt you?

Glorifying the murder is easy if you give an order when someone else performs it. Does that order make you a hero, or simply, dramatic?

I think I'd love a decision maker as reckless as her. Steve Seagal would be a better vote. At least he makes better decisions.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Of course it was a joke, but every joke has a punch line and happily for her the punch line does not include her sitting around the oval office after driving McCain out in 2012 when the "McCain-Limbaugh White House Intern Scandals of 2011" hit the fan. Palin could be an act in a comedy club, but as an act on the grand stage of international politics she's better off taking the drink orders.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Seriously?

What would she do but make stupid choices for McCain? If? As if McCain was the least plastic politician alive. I had faith in the guy before I knew his trumped up history.

Kerry is almost as bad. Never killed anyone.

Why do we only get to choose amongst pure slimeballs?

We can't just nuke folks because we are mad at them.

edit on 9-3-2014 by dfens because: i am

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

simsumre

Indigent
I imagine she is now firing shots to Russia from her home in Alaska, after all she said you could see Russia from there

Go Sarah you can do it!!!

Democrats have Nancy, Republicans have Sarah. Sadly, It's just the way the world works.

yeah right....because the comparison is so close...let's see.....
Pelosi...has been a US congressman since 1987, 26 years and counting, minority whip, minority leader, and then the first woman speaker of the house in the history of the US, able to control the different interests of her party in congress, and pass major legislation benefitting all Americans.

Sarah....mayor of a town with a couple of thousand people, became governor of Alaska, population of approx. 700,000, quitting after 2 years of a 4 year term, able to see Russia from her home is her foreign policy knowledge, doesn't read any newspapers, and spent a couple months running for vice-president....

the comparisons are remarkably similar

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yusomad

Given her track record, you can expect no other, I mean, she deserves it.

She deserves it WHEN she deserves is. Just because she's said stupid things before, doesn't mean she will always.

I don't buy into this "Once a 'something' always a 'something'". That applies to everything. I know great people who've said some silly stuff but doesn't make them a total loon. Take ATS for example. We rinse and repeat every day, otherwise, no one on this board would have any credibility. Why would we treat people like this anywhere else if we don't do it here?

I think people are so busy holding onto the past and quick to judge, and have too little time or want for forgiveness. That's a big shame on this planet, imo.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
is she familiar related to mc Cartney ?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Aleister

Of course it was a joke, but every joke has a punch line and happily for her the punch line does not include her sitting around the oval office after driving McCain out in 2012 when the "McCain-Limbaugh White House Intern Scandals of 2011" hit the fan. Palin could be an act in a comedy club, but as an act on the grand stage of international politics she's better off taking the drink orders.

I don't disagree with you. It's still sad to see people use her as a posterchild on something she wasn't serious about. I'm sure the woman has some serious stong points in life. Being a politician is just not one of them. Still, her remarks should be taken as they were meant.

Kind of like that kid who said some really stupid stuff about killing kids or something, being sarcastic and totally relating to some online game trash talk... yet he got into some serious hot water over it and may see some prison time because someone took it the wrong way and reported him.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

jimmyx

simsumre

Indigent
I imagine she is now firing shots to Russia from her home in Alaska, after all she said you could see Russia from there

Go Sarah you can do it!!!

Democrats have Nancy, Republicans have Sarah. Sadly, It's just the way the world works.

yeah right....because the comparison is so close...let's see.....
Pelosi...has been a US congressman since 1987, 26 years and counting, minority whip, minority leader, and then the first woman speaker of the house in the history of the US, able to control the different interests of her party in congress, and pass major legislation benefitting all Americans.

Sarah....mayor of a town with a couple of thousand people, became governor of Alaska, population of approx. 700,000, quitting after 2 years of a 4 year term, able to see Russia from her home is her foreign policy knowledge, doesn't read any newspapers, and spent a couple months running for vice-president....

the comparisons are remarkably similar

Benifitting? Not quite. Imprisoning perhaps. Is this the same woman who passed laws first to see what's inside them? I don't think your job always deligates how smart you are. Some people just get a cakewalk through life.

You want to see a real leader? Hire the guy who has been digging ditches for 20 years so his kids can eat. Or a woman who's had to wait tables for 10 years so she could make sure her child has school supplies. Or even the construction worker who's done odd jobs all their life because they were underskilled in any other career field. THOSE people are the real leaders. At least they "built that".

You can't compare one idiot with another to make one side better.

Personally.. They should fire every damn politician and take away the "you must be this tall to ride" rules (i.e. must have 100,000$ minimal to run for anything) and let the average joe have a chance. I am willing to bet everything that I own and ever will own that they will no NO LESS of a good job and just as well, I'm betting that they would do even better. Why? Because they've been there and no one can make worthy rules for the common folk than the common folk.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Should go over well.
Hi Dear Ukraines!! We're here to save you from the evil communist! This is what we are going to do!! We are gonna send our nuke arsenal into yous and Russia!! Ya we're gonna save you along with the rest of the world from those Ruskies by helping the Japanese turn the entire planet into a radioactive wasteland!! Then those Russians will be gone and none of us will have to be bothered by them ever again!! Oh and by the way!! After we do this the Western World is willing to forgive you for all of your debts!!

Yep should get the entire world to quit with their petty fighting and turn their attention and arms on Washington!!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It saddens me to see how you defend a Pelosi to a Palin.

You take one who has made a career out of ruining #. Take it out of one who has made a whole lot less money and hasn't exactly ruined half as much as Nancy has. Maybe Sarah ain't so bad.

Liberals... Never thought I would defend her, yet, who is who? Argue that one defies freedom, argue that one defends justice. Either will do jack to protect you. Who is less blatant when they lie to you to attempt to get elected?

Everyone who argues liberal vs conservative are as guilty. Lesser evil. Feel good.

These people lie to you for a reason. It is simply to provide a good life for themselves and their family, in perpetuity, and are forced to do things that they might not want to do in order to no not be called out on in it. That is your 'officials'.

I defy anyone to properly define liberal to me. Odds are I won't listen?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

There should be no professional politicians and no lobbyists. Period.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Only thing that stops a woman without brains is a voter with brains.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join