It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin: stop Putin with nukes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Sarah Palin has offered unsolicited advice to US President Barack Obama on containing Russian aggression, saying ''the only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke''.

Failing to show peace through strength has allowed some ''very, very, very bad dudes [to] gain ground'', said Ms Palin, who remains a darling of the far-right.
Advertisement

Mr Obama ''would gut our arsenal while he allows others – enemies – to enrich theirs'', she said.

''Mr President, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke.''

What a tool! Seriously, i don't even know how a conscious human could make such a retarded comment...

I think everyone (well, almost everyone...) knows of the theory of deterrence: Where one state acts to dissuade another from undertaking a desired action...

In foreign affairs, deterrence is a strategy intended to dissuade an adversary from undertaking an action not yet started, or to prevent them from doing something that another state desires. Deterrence theory gained increased prominence as a military strategy during the Cold War with regard to the use of nuclear weapons. It took on a unique connotation during this time as an inferior nuclear force, by virtue of its extreme destructive power, could deter a more powerful adversary, provided that this force could be protected against destruction by a surprise attack. A credible nuclear deterrent, Bernard Brodie wrote in 1959, must be always at the ready, yet never used.

en.wikipedia.org...

These comments were made by Sarah Palin in response to Obama's actions against Russia over the Ukrainian crisis.
edit on 9-3-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I was going to smear this all over, but its pointless. That piece of meat has already made one or two unhinged claims too many and the US MSM keeps banging her drum, kinda makes you wonder...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Putin - " Forget the U.S., just stop Palin..with nukes.."

I hate it when i wake up and Sarah Palin is still alive.

Obama explains why people hate Sarah Palin ? He has to explain it ?? Is it necessary??

There is a plethora of "why people hate Sarah Palin" on the web...can't think why..

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

''Mr President, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke.''

But, but... What if everyone is under the impression they are the "good guy"... ?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

boncho

But, but... What if everyone is under the impression they are the "good guy"... ?

Exactly...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Sarah Palin is definitely not the good guy. Thank god Alaska didn't have nukes.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Wow. Sarah - you really don't want to start that. If we weren't going to support the Ukraine in the event that the # went down, we shouldn't have said we were. Now we look like fools. That's our Fearless Leader's doing, not a great opportunity to flip a few nukes at each other.

(post by crazyewok removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Yet more proof that Sarah Palin is dumber than a fence post. What kind of a reception did her comments get though?

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

"Mr President, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke.''

She has totally redefined idiocy in one sentence.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I was under the impression these speeches are anything but serious (Republican and Democrat groups). They do it to fire the base up for elections. From the parts of her speech I have seen she went down the road of calling Obama out on a lot of his policies. she spent some time tagging him on the Russia incident -

To me I found her joke funny with regards to Obama.

She got done making fun if him, then "defended" him by stating we need to cut him some slack, after all its not like anyone saw this coming - A joke setup from their Presidential run where Obama attacked both Palin and McCain on Russia.

The comments follow Russia's move into neighbouring Ukraine, action which sent tensions soaring and US-Russia relations to perhaps their lowest point since the end of the Cold War.

The remark may have sounded flippant, but it was red meat to conservatives mindful of similar language used by the head of the National Rifle Association, America's largest gun lobby.

In the aftermath of a December 2012 mass shooting in Connecticut, NRA executive vice-president Wayne LaPierre poured fuel on the gun control debate by saying that ''the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun''.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

edit on 9-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It's okay she's a woman,and she has big dreams about big things,like.....nuts,I mean nukes.

Intelligence never cease to amaze me.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Which is the worrying part. The Republican base is getting more and more partisan and increasingly right wing. If they cheered Palin for remarks that were this damn stupid what else will they cheer for?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Sublimecraft

"Mr President, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke.''

She has totally redefined idiocy in one sentence.

She is a walking cluster#..and i hope one day someone will tell her.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Remember that 47 percent of American voters who voted decided that a potential Palin trigger-finger on the country's nukes was just fine with them. The Obama haters on ATS (and their name is Legion) should mull Palin's remark over, and figure that the stress of the office would have killed McCain by now, and her trigger-finger would be sitting where it shouldn't with her little angry face all squinched up while she nuked Siberia back to the ice age (not knowing exactly where most of Russia was from her porch).

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Yes, Sarah, because that's just what we need! Thermal nuclear war with Russia! This is why this woman will never hold a seat higher than Governor. And this is why the GOP can't win a Presidential election.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
the hypocrisy and idiocy of the u.s continues in full swing .. u.s gets upset and sanctions other countries for wanting to develop nukes when the u.s has already used them in past and now palin wants to use them on russia .. guess its ok for the americans to destabilse and invade other countries at will for profit .. yet not ok for other countries to use military force to settle problems .. how about yankee go home mind your own business rather than trying to destroy the world.. believe it or not the world can ( and in many cases does ) settle its problems without american meddling .. if america had its way the world would be a radioactive wasteland after they got done nuking everyone they dont agree with..

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I imagine she is now firing shots to Russia from her home in Alaska, after all she said you could see Russia from there

Go Sarah you can do it!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It worked for Reagan, but its a whole lot funner to call a female conservative stupid. I guess its easy when you intentionally take things out of context. I think its intentional...

edit on 9-3-2014 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Indigent
I imagine she is now firing shots to Russia from her home in Alaska, after all she said you could see Russia from there

Go Sarah you can do it!!!

Democrats have Nancy, Republicans have Sarah. Sadly, It's just the way the world works.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join