It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Dawn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
So I ask 'What is Mind'. In one forum a philosopher kept expressing his belief in an absolute/ultimate reality. I do not understand what an absolute or ultimate reality can be and yet his insistence of its existence got me to thinking, and I posted this:

"Ultimate/absolute reality? Why is it I don't understand this? - why do I hear a theist screaming for a god to define his beginning, end and salvation? Why do I see an unlimited and not an absolute reality? Why do I see mind, unchained and unlimited, not limiting and final or absolute? Why do I see an evolving man becoming his own god in a New Dawn? Maybe it is because I do not accept the limitations of words such as ultimate and absolute. Take off the blinders and watch the evolution of the mind as it tracks and molds the evolution of the universe. You say 'you think and therefor you are'. There is another mind that says 'We create and therefor we evolve'.

Come on philosophers, discard the chains that bind you to the rhetoric of the past. Open your 'mind' and see the evolution of the New Dawn of man and mind."

What say you all - are we ready to evolve beyond our past history? Can we see ourselves as an advancing intelligence willing to reach for and inherit the stars in an unlimited and ever expanding universe?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

The mind is part of the moving reality. Thoughts are ever changing, transitory, watch how they appear and disappear and change.
That which sees the changing never changes but will never be seen or known as it is seeing and knowing.

Only that which never changes is absolute.

It is said that God (reality) is motion and rest (they are not separate).
Absolute reality is nothing at all - relative reality appears as everything.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

What say you all... ??

... is counter-intuitive, there is no need for consensus.

are we ready to evolve beyond our past history? Can we see ourselves as an advancing intelligence willing to...

... and you??

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

AlienView
So I ask 'What is Mind'. In one forum a philosopher kept expressing his belief in an absolute/ultimate reality. I do not understand what an absolute or ultimate reality can be and yet his insistence of its existence got me to thinking

This may or may not help.

top topics

join