It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Finger Print:The Semiotic Dimension of DNA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Our species in 500,000 years old. The earth is four and a half billion years old.
Most scientists agree that life began about three and a half billion years ago. You really expect us to master that information in a quarter of the time it took to happen? Especially given that science took a while to find its feet. But if you happen to unearth Adam or Eve's bones somewhere, I guess we're at an impass. Even though we (non ID) do at least have bones. Lots and lots of bones. And lots of books about them. You get what I'm saying?
just because you dig up bones and fossils doesn't mean your interpretation of them is correct. Either, present evidence of every single transitional form OR accept that the fossils/bones were remains of a creatures that once existed, not a ''transitional'' form. If absence of evidence of God means God doesn't exist...then the absence of evidence of transitional forms means those ALLEGED transitional forms never existed either. As for ''lots of books'', there are also lots of books claiming the existence of God. So I guess we just choose the books that appeal to us.
edit on 9-3-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Lack of transitional fossils is still a pretty weak platform for building a case in favor of intelligent design. I'll admit, this semiotic stuff is cool, but my first comments still stand. There's a lot of assumptions being made.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Lack of transitional fossils is still a pretty weak platform for building a case in favor of intelligent design. .
And in the same vein, lack of evidence for a Being beyond our percievable reality is an even weaker case in favor of atheism.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

And in the same vein, lack of evidence for a Being beyond our percievable reality is an even weaker case in favor of atheism.

Its a moot argument. You wanna believe in sky wizards, go for it. Just don't run for office, please. The subject here is semiotics, and my point is that if it really is like a book, then you still haven't proved who wrote it or what they are.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Plenty of transitional fossils out there.
Also lots of scientific fact that we share a common ancestor with chimps...I wouldn't bother though dude some folk here are that ignorant that you can show them facts and they will still deny it all.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

How 'bout posting some of those fossils? I would, but I'm on my phone.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There are physical and demonstrable explanations as to why every single slight change from cell to primate are not shown in the fossil record.

The reasons why god(s) cannot be shown to exist? Spiritual dimensional immaterial hocus pocus (take your pick)
edit on 9-3-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by AfterInfinity

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Just a few.

There ya go. Some transitional fossils. Now let's see some bones from Adam and Eve.

edit on 9-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

AfterInfinity....

Its a moot argument. You wanna believe in sky wizards, go for it. Just don't run for office, please....
Same goes for you....you don't believe in God. No problem....just don't run for office. you reserve for yourself the right to demand evidence of the impossible, but manage to find convenient explanations as to why why you cannot provide the same, when asked of you. Until you can do so, stop popping into religious threads demanding evidence for God. Or you will be asked for evidence of transitionary forms from the single cell to bipedal mammals....again.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So you want religious in Government? just your one I suppose.
Religion should be kept away from School, the public and Government..keep the crap in your places of worship please.
Oh and you know we can not give you all the fossils that prove it but at least we have some proof of it (in the list above) and proof in the genetics of us and other animals...God has zero proof but you still ignore the proof we have.
Ignorant.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

AfterInfinity..

There ya go. Some transitional fossils
''some''??? I asked to see ALL of them. Whats that? You can't produce them? In that case, those supposed ''transitional forms'' never existed. No evidence = they never existed. Once again, please present the fossils of every single SUPPOSED transitional specimen in the so called evolutionary gradient. If you can't do so then stop asking theists direct evidence for God.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

boymonkey....Oh and you know we can not give you all the fossils that prove it but...
yeah you can't. So stop asking for proof of God that we can't provide, boy monkey.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
No evidence = they never existed.

Oh??
There is no evidence that Adam and Eve existed. Therefore, according to you, they never existed.
There is no evidence that Abraham ever existed. Therefore, according to you, he never existed.
There is no evidence that Noahs Ark existed. In fact, the evidence points to the fact it didn't.
Therefore, according to you, it never existed.
There is no evidence that Exodus ever took place. Therefore, according to you, it didn't.
There is no evidence that the 10 Commandments came from God on a mountaintop and were
given to Moses directly by God. Therefore, according to you, it didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

FlyersFan

sk0rpi0n
No evidence = they never existed.

Oh??
There is no evidence that Adam and Eve existed. Therefore, according to you, they never existed.
There is no evidence that Abraham ever existed. Therefore, according to you, he never existed.
There is no evidence that Noahs Ark existed. In fact, the evidence points to the fact it didn't.
Therefore, according to you, it never existed.
There is no evidence that Exodus ever took place. Therefore, according to you, it didn't.
There is no evidence that the 10 Commandments came from God on a mountaintop and were
given to Moses directly by God. Therefore, according to you, it didn't happen.
Is there any evidence that virgin human women could give birth to babies? No? Then I guess you also believe your ''God'' Jesus, never existed.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Deflection.

YOU just said "no evidence = never existed". YOU said that. Therefore, according to YOU, Abraham, and Adam and Eve, and Noah and his ark, and Moses Exodus, and the mountaintop Ten Commandments never existed. Right? Not only is there no evidence to support the Noahs Ark myth, but there is a mountain of evidence AGAINST it. Therefore according to your 'logic', Noahs Ark didn't happen. Right?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

FlyersFa.....Deflection.

YOU just said "no evidence = never existed". YOU said that. Therefore,according to YOU, Abraham, and Adam and Eve, and Noah and his ark, and Moses Exodus, and the mountaintop Ten Commandments never existed. Right? Not only is there no evidence to support the Noahs Ark myth, but there is a mountain of evidence AGAINST it. Therefore according to your 'logic', Noahs Ark didn't happen. Right?
Its a deflection on your part, not mine. I never brought up Adam, Noah and Moses. So tell me....or rather, all of us here (whether theist or non-theist)....does your belief in your ''God'' Jesus' virgin birth...rest on scientific facts or blind faith. Answer me. Directly.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Have you seen the real Mount Sinai video?

It seems to fit the biblical description perfectly... That seems to be evidence of the exodus... Or at least Moses...

I agree with you on the others though

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Deflection.

YOU just said "no evidence = never existed". YOU said that.
yes...I said that. So therefore since there is ''no evidence that virgin human women could give birth to a baby, then does that mean Jesus never existed? Yes or no?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Its a deflection on your part, not mine.

WRONG. YOU started it with the 'no evidence = didn't exist'. YOU STARTED THE CONVERSATION.
Therefore ... answer the questions and stop deflecting.
No evidence of Noahs Ark .. and TONS of evidence against it .. therefore it didn't exist. Right?
Answer it. Go ahead.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join