It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

TRIPOLI (Reuters) - Libya threatened on Saturday to bomb a North Korean-flagged tanker if it tried to ship oil from a rebel-controlled port, in a major escalation of a standoff over the country's petroleum wealth.A spokesman for state-run National Oil Corp (NOC) said the Morning Glory was owned by a Saudi company. It had changed ownership in the past few weeks.The Saudi embassy in Tripoli said in a statement that the kingdom's government had nothing to do with the tanker, without saying who owned it.

Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port

So the rebels have control of three ports, demanding more autonomy from the government in Tripoli.

Tripoli have told the rebels they'll bomb the boat if the sales continue..

The rebels, who are U.S. backed and funded are selling petrol to North Korea??

The North Korean's say it's not their boat ? it was re -registered as a Saudi vessel in the last few weeks and now it's called the Gulf Glory, however, the Saudi embassy in Tripoli says it has nothing to do with the tanker..

If i understand this correctly, a boat under that under the North Korean flag, yet claims it registered under the Saudi government is buying oil illegaly from the American backed rebels against the will of Tripoli ??

Conflict of intrests anyone, as North Korea is on Americas list of the "axis of evil" since 9/11.

Maybe the boat, which is still property of North Korea (even though they THINK they sold it to the Saudi's) will be sunk causing L'il Kim to bust a blood vessel go crazy, hoping China wont allow it, as they said they wouldn't, or forcing China to take action against North Korea.

Yet again the U.S and the Saudi's working together on a huge false flag maybe?? Wouldn't be the first time would it..or maybe not...
Maybe it's just a temper tantrum from the rebels so Tripoli will listen to them..attention seeking.
edit on AM7Sun20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well this is interesting, not something we hear everyday coming from Lybia. This is also just after China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula. It's something to watch, thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Wookiep
Well this is interesting, not something we hear everyday coming from Lybia. This is also just after China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula. It's something to watch, thanks for sharing!

Thats what made me think...
Chinas pissed Koreas attitude, and has drawn a line in the sand...
Now a boat which is from NoKo, which it say's it sold to the Saudi's is about to be bombed for buying oil from a US backed rebel force???? WTF..

As soon as i saw the word's "Suadi Arabia denies all knowledge.."

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I'm confused. Didn't the rebals kill gadafi and take over the country . Are these rebals another group of rebals. Rebals against rebals.
My brain hurts.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

ZeussusZ

I'm confused. Didn't the rebals kill gadafi and take over the country . Are these rebals another group of rebals. Rebals against rebals.
My brain hurts.

No, these are the same guy's, it's just that they claim the government in Tripoli doesn't pay them any attention and wont let them do what they want..so they've thrown a temper tantrum and have hijacked three of Libya's main oil port's....bad boy's...and in the process have decided to sell Libyas oil to the NoKo's..or who they think are the NoKo's.

They maybe doing it hoping the US will pressure Tripoli into actually listening to them..

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Well, i thought this thread would attract more attention considering Chinas "suck it up and carry on or we'll spank you" to North Korea last week.

Any incident involving Libya, Saudi (or not) the U.S.A and North Korea has to be kept an eye on.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I think it will get more attention, it's super early in the AM now in the U.S. (a very large portion of ATS members from the U.S.) Just give it some time.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

OK thanks got I think. Usa backed government rebals are threatning to bomb a boat (that was sold by north Korea to Saudi, who say they didn't buy it), that USA backed rebals that rebelled from the government rebals are filling with oil to sell to north Korea. China has a red line not to mess with north Korea.
So whoes boat is it?
Looks like a whole lot of chess pieces are being moved around at the moment.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

ZeussusZ

OK thanks got I think. Usa backed government rebals are threatning to bomb a boat (that was sold by north Korea to Saudi, who say they didn't buy it), that USA backed rebals that rebelled from the government rebals are filling with oil to sell to north Korea. China has a red line not to mess with north Korea.
So whoes boat is it?
Looks like a whole lot of chess pieces are being moved around at the moment.

Yeah..it's a real "he said, she said" match...confusion helps when you want to cause an incident.

But considering who the players are...it's worth keeping an eye on it.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Wookiep

I think it will get more attention, it's super early in the AM now in the U.S. (a very large portion of ATS members from the U.S.) Just give it some time.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Wookie my hairy friend, your'e right...sometimes i forget the international times zones, even within the U.S.
All this EST, CST and the the like..mind boggeling..

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Sounds like a real powder keg with the names/nations involved...or who ever may or may not be possibly kinda involved
Anything NoKo or China related gets my eye.
Good find, I am sure it will get some traction

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'm just happy China realizes a problem with North Korea needs to be dealt with.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

devildogUSMC
I'm just happy China realizes a problem with North Korea needs to be dealt with.

I think sometimes the world realises there just isn't space for someone REALLY dangerous and unpredictable...i mean, everyone has their finger on the trigger, but nobody wants to squeeze it. However, with Kim, you never know..and you don't need accidents.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Interesting thread Andy! I wanted to add another angle,

It seems to me, that the alliances who where forged over the past years are coming out of hiding.
India Backs Russia's "Legitimate Interests" In Ukraine
www.zerohedge.com...

S&F

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

MessageforAll
Interesting thread Andy! I wanted to add another angle,

It seems to me, that the alliances who where forged over the past years are coming out of hiding.
India Backs Russia's "Legitimate Interests" In Ukraine
www.zerohedge.com...

S&F

Would that be because of Pakistan's "friendship" with NATO....if you can call it that...

I will be honest, i don't particullay like the way that suddenly everybody is taking sides...even China's making extraordinary moves.

Quote - "However, at other times, including at the UN Security Council, Beijing has appeared to be subtly rebuking Moscow by suggesting that its unilateral path threatened regional and global stability. At the very least, however, Beijing has characteristically not gone as far as the U.S. and the West in publicly scolding Vladimir Putin for the military intervention in Crimea."

Maybe China has started to smell the seriousness of whats going on..

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Telegraph India offers another reason. According to the report cited above, Indian officials have told Telegraph India that, in the newspaper’s words, Delhi is “convinced that the West’s tacit support for a series of attempted coups against democratically elected governments — in Egypt, Thailand and now Ukraine — has only weakened democratic roots in these countries.”
reply to post by MessageforAll

Submitted by Zachary Zeck via The Diplomat,

So many games at one time, is it all just static noise to hide what is actually going on?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I dunno

I'll put 5 on North Korea.

They're more scarier.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
libya has alciaduh who has american missles from benghazi
eta
and maybe a shiny new privately owned central bank

Several writers have noted the odd fact that the Libyan rebels took time out from their rebellion in March to create their own central bank - this before they even had a government. Robert Wenzel wrote in the Economic Policy Journal:
I have never before heard of a central bank being created in just a matter of weeks out of a popular uprising. This suggests we have a bit more than a rag tag bunch of rebels running around and that there are some pretty sophisticated influences.
Alex Newman wrote in the New American:
In a statement released last week, the rebels reported on the results of a meeting held on March 19. Among other things, the supposed rag-tag revolutionaries announced the "[d]esignation of the Central Bank of Benghazi as a monetary authority competent in monetary policies in Libya and appointment of a Governor to the Central Bank of Libya, with a temporary headquarters in Benghazi

www.atimes.com...

gotta loot that loot and get the oil from the soil
edit on 9-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

The false flag you propose is highly likely...

I mean...Surely if Libya have such a problem with the Rebel ports... Why not bomb them(the ports)???

Seems like an unwarranted act of aggression to be honest as the false flag scenario you mention makes a lot of sense!!!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I wish the violence surrounding oil killed the people involved in the oil business and deals and not the people in the middle starving.

This sort of stuff turns my stomach.

I think arguments over oil kill more than the pollutants the oil industry does as a by product.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join