It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Just Destroyed This Asteroid And We Don't Know What It Was

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It was Bruce Willis with a cordless drill and some surplus WW2 hand grenades.I thought that would be obvious.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Aliensun
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Since we've had about a hundred different concepts on what happened to the body, let's throw in one that given common knowledge in several areas, should be allowed.

What like this?

I suggest that the asteroid was destroyed by a missile to check the effectiveness of a missile system and warhead. The test was done in that remote area because the warhead was a nuke and there is little change of the debris to every threaten Earth. That it was a secret test that could be explained as a rare event that just happened to be discovered is not out of the question.

By fairly reasonable reasoning anyone can conclude that the US has some phenomenal craft that have replaced the decrepit space shuttle than never had a reasonable rocket-powered replacement designed or fashioned to take its place. That vastly new,change-of-pace replacement is the triangle craft that are frequently noted mostly over the US. It is not a stretch to accept that those craft with UFO-type capabilities can move deep into space and will have major weapon systems as a matter of course. Allowing all of the above, a "live" test/demo should not be out of consideration. I don't think there is a bit of flawed commonsense thinking in the above to say it is out of reason.
I am gonna go ahead and take the opinion that the centrifugal force theory is a little more "fairly reasonable reasoning" than what you have suggested.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It was scrappers from earth looking for valuable metals

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
In the video I see Two blow up at the same time!!!
I say alien weapons shot them?
or a human ship?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Maybe all of our space debris caught up to it and shredded it up?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I think this could be anything but I m sure one of the possibilities is that there is a plasma cannon on the moon that can divert and destroy comets and other incoming celestial bodies.
The following site links to an article that explains more.

www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Any guesses as to what the totall mass of this asteroid was prior to breakup? The surface gravity might have been so low, that you would achieve the escape velocity if you were standing there and jumped hard enough.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Read "Bow Shock" by Gregory Benford, which is about an astronomical observation of an unknown phenomenon, that breaks apart as astronomers watch it. They theorize it's evidence of a spaceship breaking up. Good stuff, and the picture included with the story looks almost like what they're showing now!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I just think Han was flying through the asteroid field escaping the Empire.

In all seriousness, this is odd. As we know, in space, you need an outside force to act upon something to change velocity and trajectory. It does look like that other object is moving towards it, so maybe a moving asteroid? I mean, we have asteroids pass by randomly, perhaps the sci-fi version of asteroid belts with asteroids bumping into each other isn't so far fetched? That being said, we still have the issue of what force acted upon the asteroids to move them ion the first place? Not solar wind or heat. Hmm.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberSonic

All of those would be considered "natural" probabilities...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

zandra

I think this could be anything but I m sure one of the possibilities is that there is a plasma cannon on the moon that can divert and destroy comets and other incoming celestial bodies.
The following site links to an article that explains more.

www.evawaseerst.be...

"I don't think so Tim." ~Al Borland, Home Improvement

link   

It was either Chuck Norris or Putin.

Ko3

link   
Research the Space Fence,The Air Force Space Surveillance System, colloquially known as the Space Fence

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

They shot it down with an obsolete radar system?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not that they shot it down with the tracking system itself which tracks all objects in space,but they knew it was there

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

No. Space fence is (was) not capable of detecting objects that far away.
It is (was) and obsolete radar system designed to detect objects in Earth orbit. This object was discovered by the PANSTARRS sky survey.
pan-starrs.ifa.hawaii.edu...
edit on 3/10/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

In my opinion, That's exactly right. There are too many Russian vids of the one that was blown up by a craft and Tunguska which Im sure was previously mentioned. I think what happened is what the title indicates, Aliens blew it up, Aliens that protect the earth from stuff like that as well as deactivate nuclear missiles as one was seen beaming a dummy warhead missile on video. Bill Nye the science guy really hated the video, he accused it of being fake while the Nasa guy that showed the video was being held down from beating Bill to a pulp..............
edit on 10-3-2014 by lotusfoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Obviously a virus, transporting rock-eating prions.

Nice find.
F&S

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It seems to go into an odd albeit short V formation almost as if Jets of some kind were going in but that could not be possible.
My curiosity is piqued quite effectively & I look forward on any new information that may develop, but it is beautiful to see for now.

Great post & Great find.
ThankQ S&F

<< 1  2    4 >>

join