It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

700 Lawyers ready to protect schools from the Xmas Grinch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Good to know so many Lawyers are watching out for our public Schools? There is a group called the Alliance Defence Fund that is contacting 3,600 school districts expaining the law regarding the celebration of Christmas in Schools. The group is ready to combat any attempts to censor Christmas celebrations on public property.

Is it illegal to sing Christmas carols in public school? Or to display a manger scene or even to say the words "Merry Christmas" in those halls of learning?

Many public school officials act as though such prohibitions were clearly laid on in the Constitution and defensively ban every vestige of "religious expression" out of fear of an expensive ACLU lawsuit.

But this year, help is on the way: An army of 700 lawyers is being deployed to protect America's schools from the ACLU grinch.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

It is a shame that schools are not allowed to celebrate the holidays, one of my fondest memories as a child was the Christmas decor, pagents and parties we had in school. Political correctness as usual has gone way to far, but I doubt this group will do anything to stop it.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by jeeze louise]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wow, this sounds weird. Why is Chistmas ceonsered in schools and what does it have to do with political correctness? Because it is related with one religion and not the other?

Where I live, 90 percent of the people who celebrate Christmas are not religious, even many of those who attent the Christmas mass are not religious. Heck, many who celebrate Christmas, don't even give thought to its origin, let alone connect it consciously with any religion.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It is all about taking Christ and God out of everything.
I don't see them running to stop Helloween, with all it's symbols of witchcraft, gobblims, devils,ghosts, monsters and such. Mischief night is marked by violence and destruction, but I see no one trying to bring Helloween to an end.

Oh by the way, Helloween is marked with the same satanic number we see appearing everywhere "13" (31)

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned if other cultures don't want to participate, let them be excused. Don't take it away. WHY? What purpose does it serve removing an entrenched celebration because not everyone in believes it?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
Is it illegal to sing Christmas carols in public school?

Isn't school a place for education? Now if you are having some sort of school play or gathering outside of the normal class time then that seems fine and dandy. Maybe even in music class, but to disturb the normal flow of things to celebrate a religious holiday does seem without merit to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Jonna in answer to your question.. Isn't school a place for education?

School is supposed to be the best place to find education and dosen't the story of Christmas fit that criterea? We have always had Christmas as part of our heritage, whether we speak of it in the relgious aspect or the Santa Claus viewpoint. Either way they do learn from it, and the parties, plays etc. just make school more interesting and make learning and school more fun.

My worry on this subject is let one lawyer in and things get screwed up let in 700 and my God watch out for the fall out.

new topics

top topics

join