It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Obama declares war with China** through Executive order (economical)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Obama signed yet another executive order right before he headed off for vacation number.....oh who the hell is even counting anymore.

Here is a portion of the executive order:

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) (NEA), section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (8 U.S.C. 1182(f)), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,
I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, find that the actions and policies of persons — including persons who have asserted governmental authority in the Crimean region without the authorization of the Government of Ukraine — that undermine democratic processes and institutions in Ukraine; threaten its peace, security, stability, sovereignty, and territorial integrity; and contribute to the misappropriation of its assets, constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.

In essence, Obama has declared economic war with China; a country who owns trillions in U.S. debt, and 100′s of millions in mortgage backed securities. All without the authority or even consultation of the U.S. Congress.

While the so-called neo-conservatives gush & gobble over Rand Paul, Chris Christie and Rick Perry at CPAC, Congress is drunk with power and asleep at the wheel. Obama can do whatever he wishes — he doesn’t even need to worry about the democrats running the House of Representatives, the Republicans could not be any more helpful by their inaction and in most cases assistance in installing communism with him.

link:www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wonder if that had anything to do with the 777 maylaysia aircraft going down with American and Chinese on board;

www.cnn.com...

20 of them worked for Freescale Semiconductor, a Texas company. Semiconductive chipmaking?

Really, weird.

A rather large drone strike and technology buried or those in the know gone.

I really question all of these events occurring around the same time.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wait a minute here.....

One day everyone is criticizing Obama for being too soft and indecisive and the next you're attacking him for taking some non military action against the perpetrators of the Ukraine debacle?

Make your minds up America. This is way too confusing to us outsiders

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Unity_99
Wonder if that had anything to do with the 777 maylaysia aircraft going down with American and Chinese on board;

www.cnn.com...

20 of them worked for Freescale Semiconductor, a Texas company. Semiconductive chipmaking?

Really, weird.

A rather large drone strike and technology buried or those in the know gone.

I really question all of these events occurring around the same time.

Unity,
Thanks for the insight.....I have been wondering if the Americans on board were tied to anything important. As soon as I heard there were Americans on board.......first thought....who were they!!!

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Can you show us the part that has to do with China? Or is China a person? A person who has asserted governmental authority in Crimea?

edit on 3/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

markosity1973
Wait a minute here.....

One day everyone is criticizing Obama for being too soft and indecisive and the next you're attacking him for taking some non military action against the perpetrators of the Ukraine debacle?

Make your minds up America. This is way too confusing to us outsiders

don't know where you reside but your understanding of Americans and their government is a bit.....well....simple. I am assuming you are under the British Flag somewhere???

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Not really seeing the China connection, also I don't think "declares war" means what you think it does...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

In essence, Obama has declared economic war with China; a country who owns trillions in U.S. debt, and 100′s of millions in mortgage backed securities. All without the authority or even consultation of the U.S. Congress.

Frightening.
He's either really, really stupid, or he's putting all the pieces in place to bring down the economy.

Always have to look at what they're doing in the background, while our attention is diverted...

ETA:
I can only go by what the guy in the video said about China being mentioned specifically though, my phone is too small to read the pages on the video.
edit on 8-3-2014 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

link   

Phage

Can you show us the part that has to do with China? Or is China a person? A person who has asserted governmental authority in Crimea?

watch the video

link   
reply to post by Elton

War isn't the same thing it used to be now that this whole gob of excrement is interconnected.

One person with a computer can do a whole lot of damage from a very great distance, which was not possible before I don't know exactly when, but I do know it was possible 33 or so years ago when they all had green screens and beeped a lot....

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

He's either really, really stupid, or he's putting all the pieces in place to bring down the economy.

Or....
It has nothing to do with China but with individuals who may be actively acting against the interests of Ukraine in Crimea.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Elton
Not really seeing the China connection, also I don't think "declares war" means what you think it does...

I said..."economic" war

ECONOMIC

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Phage

Or....
It has nothing to do with China but with individuals who may be acting against the interests of Ukraine in Crimea.

that is exactly right but China is a big player in the economics of the region ....

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Phage

Or....
It has nothing to do with China but with individuals who may be acting against the interests of Ukraine in Crimea.

that is exactly right but China is a big player in the economics of the region ....

But it's not talking about economics, it is talking about persons (not nations) who:

(i) to be responsible for or complicit in, or to have engaged in, directly or indirectly, any of the following:

(A) actions or policies that undermine democratic processes or institutions in Ukraine;

(B) actions or policies that threaten the peace, security, stability, sovereignty, or territorial integrity of Ukraine; or

(C) misappropriation of state assets of Ukraine or of an economically significant entity in Ukraine;

(ii) to have asserted governmental authority over any part or region of Ukraine without the authorization of the Government of Ukraine;

(iii) to be a leader of an entity that has, or whose members have, engaged in any activity described in subsection (a)(i) or (a)(ii) of this section or of an entity whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order;

(iv) to have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, or technological support for, or goods or services to or in support of, any activity described in subsection (a)(i) or (a)(ii) of this section or any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order; or

(v) to be owned or controlled by, or to have acted or purported to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order.

So, any person who is found to have engaged in such activities will have their US assets frozen. Not China. Not any nation. Any person from anywhere.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
China has economic agreements with everyone though. I've heard somewhere that they even have a lease for farmland in Ukraine.

I'll have to look for an article that mentions China specifically in an executive order. He can't sanction them ( or whatever he's doing) just for being on the side of Russia.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

individual persons don't have "policies".... governments do.....read what you just posted

edit on 8-3-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Corporate " Persons "...?

That isn't so "twisted" , is it?.

Not according to a lot of those terms and definitions that are changed every single year.

I just sit here and try to make sense of things until the dryer stops spinning.
edit on 8-3-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: vat

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Maybe you should read it...again.

(i) to be responsible for or complicit in, or to have engaged in, directly or indirectly, any of the following:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

That may indeed apply. If it went to court.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Maybe you should read it...again.

China is heavily vested in this area.....so....yeah....they are "engaged"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join