It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defiantly Now Definitely?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Is the word definitely suddenly, mysteriously now defiantly? Don't get me wrong, a lot of nice people are writing it this way, but as a writer, this irks me. I'm seriously wondering if a texter's mistake has gone viral. One of my biggest pet peeves is the lack of education prevalent for simple things, like learning how to spell and such. I probably mess things up when I speak, but when I'm writing something out, I make sure I take the time to spell things right.

My question is this: Does it bother you when so many people get something wrong? I'm not talking about relatively complex things, or even philosophical ideas. I'm talking about things that should be basic.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Maybe its just spell check getting the nearest equivalanceness…

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well, a person can definately be defiant.

My guess is spell check too. That thing takes over conversations, and turns them into completely different topics.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
People can definitely be defiant.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I actually want to give what Intprtr and you said the benefit of the doubt. The spell-check on my iPad messes me up all the time. Good points, all.

edit on bSat, 08 Mar 2014 20:36:38 -0600pm66America/Chicago3pmSaturday08America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

since text messaging my spelling has become atrocious....and my sentence structure and punctuation...however people get the point im trying to make and in the end its about communication....but yes i feel what you are saying...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I noticed too those two specific words and it has been bugging my brain something fierce!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

Yeah, I've been seeing this for a few days now. I wouldn't start a thread about it if I had just seen it today. Stuff like that makes me cringe.

top topics

join