It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was God's Son really worth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by agnisvaha

Sorry ... I can't follow you. What killings are you talking about??

I thought the previous poster was referring to the gnostic stories about Jesus childhood where he supposedly killed a playmate or something like that.

Are you talking about something different???

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well he's suggesting that Jesus was God as you suggest and that God KILLED some folks which you disagree with. My response was, "well someone is responsible for the KILLINGS if not God who?" It can be no one other than God who is the killer making Jesus the biggest mass murder(er)in the history of the world.

ETA: All killings done with the best of intentions to be sure. A good example is all the Egyptians killed in the Exodus event. Or even the flood? How about the war that occurred shortly after Jesus crucifixion where all the Jews were cast into outer darkness? My point is that if Jesus is God then God is responsible for any and all killings. When you are the SUPREME BEING there is no one to pass the buck too.
edit on 9-3-2014 by agnisvaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Your Body, the Temple. ie. Solomon's temple took 7 years to build, some say 13. But, no sound was heard, no tools used. For it is your body.

And we meet God, in our pineal connection. The Word of God, the small still voice of conscience within that will guide us on our ways. The Christ within us, helping us to transform.

Gal. 4:19

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

The process of Becoming.

So who is murdering who? Certainly not God, who works with you as you part the red sea of your warring nature with quiet meditation and reflection and get filled up from inner springs.

Its all inside of you. And if something is so negative its really not worth looking for the metaphor, then its an addition by Rome, Emperor's and controllers.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

agnisvaha
Strange how history keeps repeating itself? One would think that instead of waiting for tensions to reach critical mass that efforts to unify humanity; the world, would have already been implemented on a grand scale? Unless, like someone mentioned, it is all just a dog and pony show? If so, words can't describe how shallow and insulting the world stage actually is. For those who like their drama on the ulterior, other-dimensional side, E.T. has left the building because certain political figures couldn't be invaded because such an act would be in violation of their non-existent free-will?!? Que Sera, Sera

Is it too much for the people to bear? Are they just too weak? I love your comments and they're bringing great thought to this. But the people must be weak to fall for such an obvious lie.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Unity_99
Your Body, the Temple. ie. Solomon's temple took 7 years to build, some say 13. But, no sound was heard, no tools used. For it is your body.

And we meet God, in our pineal connection. The Word of God, the small still voice of conscience within that will guide us on our ways. The Christ within us, helping us to transform.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

The process of Becoming.

So who is murdering who? Certainly not God, who works with you as you part the red sea of your warring nature with quiet meditation and reflection and get filled up from inner springs.

Its all inside of you. And if something is so negative its really not worth looking for the metaphor, then its an addition by Rome, Emperor's and controllers.

Pretend for a moment, you didn't have those words to use. Would you still feel the same? Again, what was special about Jesus that the whole bible was written? If it was the fact he was sinless, I have doubt in that. So it must be something else.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What the heck, my posts are still being blocked. This is billshuttt. So free enterprise is just an elusion?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Unity_99

The process of Becoming.

So the still voice is within us? Not happening. And that's not the answer.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by agnisvaha

Sorry ... I can't follow you. What killings are you talking about??
I thought the previous poster was referring to the gnostic stories about Jesus childhood where he supposedly killed a playmate or something like that.
Are you talking about something different???

No he was talking about the roof throwing incident (only one) and he resurrected that child supposedly (all of its ridiculous speculation) would have come to the attention of authority and immediately would have been put in a locked playpen enclosure. How did one punish juveniles back then (tickle them to death) while thumbscrewing the parents.
edit on 9-3-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

StoutBroux
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I wish the IRS, NSA, FBI were illusions as well. I just watched the Caligula on History channel, what a freak. Just goes to show, those who are exposed to tragedy just repeat it, 10 fold. So, what's the claim to fame? He knew the outcome before it even happened. Supposedly for decades. My question on the topic is that the bible is false. I believe in a higher power, but not the one many have fallen for. There are too many contradictions in the bible and it just seems false.

Caligula was a monster; a product of inbreeding and mental psychosis (or just a tool in his weaknesses to be manipulated by or allowed by others). The Bible as it existes today was carefully manicured for the lowly human. All of the esoteric mystery school texts were excised (not removed just not included as too confusing for us to determine for ourselves); that is why the saved dead sea scroll Essene texts were discovered in Qumran (oops; rearing their ugly heads).
edit on 9-3-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Abraham was willing to sacrifice his only begotten son for only the adoration of a controlling being.
Interestingly, the Bible nowhere commends Abraham for his willingness to kill his son, Isaac.
He also showed his willingness to kill his son by another woman, Ishmael.
When the Jews told Jesus that their father was Abraham, he told them that their father was a murderer.

God, on the other hand gave over His son as a battlefield tactic known to the warfare of the time of the writing of the New Testament.
The idea was that the troops would be so enraged by their hero being cut down by the enemy, that rather than loosing heart, they would be motivated to seek revenge against the perpetrators of this horrific crime against the dignity of the kingdom.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

. . . Jesus was not God incarnate the way trinitarians mean it.
The people who think that literally are not strictly speaking Trinitarians.
They may think of themselves as Trinitarians, but they probably can not recite the Nicean Creed.
Real orthodox Trinitarianism is the belief in three individual persons of the godhead.
"Oneness" is the belief that God became Jesus and was always still God, and so could not sin, and raised himself from the grave.
There is a verse that you can read wrong by shifting where one sentence ends and another begins, that looks like it is saying that Jesus is God in the flesh, but it is talking about God, then it is talking about Jesus, who appeared in the flesh.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Is it me... or does God pay back favors, on time, and with much interest(s)...?
First... he requests Isaac's life! Then he pays the world back with Jesus!
TY God, TY!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Jesus is the Word, and the Word is with and was God and existed at the beginning of everything.
It never directly links Jesus with the Logos as far as one being the other.
It says that in the beginning was the Logos, and the Logos was God.
I read it as meaning that there was a "god" quality to the Logos.
It also says that the Logos was with God, so it is something that is accompanying God when there is action to be done.
So when God had to send His son, there was the Logos, first manifesting itself in the message of John the Baptist, then in this message of the Gospel in the activities of the Apostles, starting with the appearance of Jesus on the scene within the context of the first manifestation, which was the baptisms being done in the Jordan River.
edit on 10-3-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Christ, real or metaphor, is The Way. That is a gnostic term, but even fundamentally, he is still the WAY. The way back home!
Jesus is the gift of reconciliation between God and Man, given by God,
Jesus was taken to Heaven and by our brotherhood with him, we are in a metaphorical way, home, in the sense that he serves there as our representative.
Of course, and here is the topic of the thread coming in, first Jesus had to die.
He died as a sinner and rejected by God, but upon his being judged in a formal way after his death, was found to be acceptable.
This should give hope to all the other human beings living in this world heavily laden by sin, that if we live right, God will accept us too.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

. . . how can the Holy Spirit be God and not God at the same time?
"God" generally refers to a specific person, who is the head of the pantheon of the gods, in this case, Christianity, it is the Trinity, and the "head" of it is the Father.
But there is a term for members of the godhead, with is "god" understood in the generic sense.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

One of the bigger lessons about the crucifixion is that despite Christ's message people could not wait to kill Him.
Specifically who killed him were the representatives of what Paul calls, "The God of This World".
So that was what was the enemy to God in this warfare between Him and who Jesus' death was to help in defeating.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Its not the sinless part, for in the metaphor, he goes from lower mind, the Son of Man, to Higher Mind, the Son of God. And is a perfect example to us, the Way. And its not fundamental. Once you read Genesis 32 30, and where jacob met God, and that all is parable, you start to search for all the real meanings, which are Love.

For me, its the magnificent example and purity of what LOVE is. It is not boastful and does not put on airs, it is not self righteous or judgemental. Christ embodied Love, and washed the feet of his apostles, and welcomed the crowds, and women and babies.

As Son of God, yes sinless, has completely overcome lower mind and being assailed by ego, body, temptations, and has so much Love, Integrity and Goodness, that he would risk life and limb to help.

However to me, the concept of the cross for example, as a willing sacrifice. He was not a willing sacrifice. I keep having in my Soul, with knowledge of home and the higher cosmos, "The Cosmos Is Sick And Tired Of Martyrs!" That is a Dark Hat trap.

Christ said, "not to throw your pearls before the swine", yet "to shine your lamp without a shade" on the truth. Those 2 seem opposite and I've had long conversations with those with black op backgrounds. The one, was on the concept that herein the Mystery school is trying to say, "Don't share the way. Its a lone path, only the most enlightenment, worthy or intelligent."

What absolute dribble that is! No, what is Christ is saying, is don't martyr yourself, 'be as wise as serpents" and AWARE, AWAKE, but as "innocent as doves".

He is saying to choose wisely, be cautious, choose your battles, but stay alive. And yet, when push comes to shove, speak up.
So God did not willingly sacrifice His Son, nor did Christ willingly sacrifice himself for our sins, which is a process of living and growing up and meditating, and gaining growth in awareness and overcoming our own bodies and trauma's around us. Christ was murdered while trying not to be, but knew He would be, if he was a real literal man, was shown before he came in even. Had so much Love and wished to help, free our minds, that He was faithful to His inner directions.

But He was out and out murdered. And others with crowd support and wisdom, such as Bruce Lee, a popular Buddha or Christ figure to many, who spoke of the tao and the way, he was murdered too. They always murder the ones who could free the minds of the slaves.

I have read the entire bible as a teenager, literally, and was horrified by it, except for the passages that the Spirit within, the Word and Small Voice within, guided me to "presence" within. The rest doesnt have presence.

After praying, and searching more, on the real meanings, they started coming to me rather quickly.

For example, read Isaiah 28 with the entire meaning given from Spirit, real eye opener, and very pertinent to todays time, but also for his time as well.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

. . . with the Holy Spirit. It is God, but while we have part of it, it isn't God, or at least not all of Him.
There are two different things that show up in the New Testament, 1, the spirit that comes from God which happens to be by virtue of its source, Holy; and 2. the Holy Spirit, or the Holy Ghost, which from the Trinitarian perspective, is the third person of the godhead.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I have read the entire bible as a teenager, literally, and was horrified by it, except for the passages that the Spirit within, the Word and Small Voice within, guided me to "presence" within. The rest doesnt have presence.

That doesn't make any sense. Some parts of the Bible are true, but some are not? Some matter, but some don't? What gives you license to determine that? So a person can follow like 15% of the Bible and call themselves Christian? That doesn't sound right.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

. . . Trinitarians have no argument. They base their whole argument on John 1:1 . . .
Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
(2011 NIV)
I think that works.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join