It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was God's Son really worth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

StoutBroux
These are my thoughts of recent, not that they are important to others but they are tantamount to me.

In the Bible, there is supposedly ONE thing that seems to separate Jesus from the average man, and that is Gods willingness to let his son die for mankind, a sacrifice by God (even though He lost nothing, and knew so in the beginning according to His statement – I am the alpha and the omega AND 1 John 3:20 ESV For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.) I would like to suffice to say, I have many family and friends that I would willingly lay down my life for, no religion involved. As well, if it came to humanity, I would also be willing to sacrifice my life. So now I wonder, what really is the great sacrifice that God made? Many a man in history has sacrificed his life for others. What makes God so special? Is it because it’s His own son, also called the son of man? John 3:16, For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not die but have eternal life. Ok, that sounds grand. But Abraham was willing to sacrifice his only begotten son for only the adoration of a controlling being. Again I ask, what makes God so special? It seems so hypocritical. Many a man lost his only son, that doesn’t make him a God. And why does God have only one son??? The all powerful should have an army of sons, don’t you think? At least a few dozen. And who is the mother of his son? According to the bible, GOD and JESUS acknowledge that Jesus was around long before Mary conceived, so JUST WHO IS THE MOTHER OF GOD’S SON? Is the Bible a complete lie?

The more I doubt, the more I question, the more I question, the more I doubt. It's all a lie to me I think. And then I wonder how all mankind can be a fool. OK, not ALL, but a vast majority. Fecking billshut at this point.

Well friend, Jesus says I and the Father are One. Fun Fact, the word translated "one" in greek is the same word used to say the number 1. Indicating Jesus meant he and the Father were one and the same. John 1 says the same thing. There are much more. The Godhead is complicated, and we won't fully understand it until the Resurrection. The best way I can explain it to you is like this; the Bible says we are created in Gods image. We are Mind(Will), Body(Flesh), and Spirit(Soul, Life Force). The Spirit and the Body are completely submissive to the Mind. In the same way we have the Father(Mind), the Son(Body), and the Holy Spirit(Spirit). Now many times Jesus talks to God in the Bible as though a separate being. Our mind communicates with our body through electrical impulses, and our body with our mind via electrical impulses(ex. pain). Why does Jesus say stuff like the Father is greater than I? Remember the Body is submissive to the Mind, in the same way Jesus is submissive to the Father.

Why was Jesus's sacrifice so great? Because he was the spotless lamb. He was a completely righteous man. He never sinned, and he was God.

You mentioned Abraham and Isaac lets look at the passage.

7 Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” And he said, “Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?” 8 Abraham said, “God will [a]provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” So the two of them walked on together.

9 Then they came to the place of which God had told him; and Abraham built the altar there and arranged the wood, and bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11 But the angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” 12 He said, “Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.” 13 Then Abraham raised his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram and offered him up for a burnt offering in the place of his son. 14 Abraham called the name of that place [c]The Lord Will Provide, as it is said to this day, “In the mount of the Lord it will [d]be provided.”

God was testing Abraham here to see if humans were capable of having enough faith to sacrifice there only son for Him. But notice what Abraham says to Isaac when he ask Him where the offering was. Abraham expresses so much faith in God that he believes he will provide the offering Himself. As Abraham is about to bring the knife in hand, God stops him and provides not only an offering for that day, but also provides his Son, which is his one and only physical image, as the offering for mankind a good long while later.
edit on 9-3-2014 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Excellent question. But my favorite part is where he dies and respawns as a level 10,000 White Dragon Archmage with OP gear and stats you'd have to be Asian to comprehend. I mean, you don't die and come back as the Dungeon Master. That's so broken its not even funny.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

oktopus
The human named Jesus was the Word made flesh. There has never existed any other human being like Him. Imho we are all children of God, or at least creations of Him. When a creation of God is a child of God logic would say it are his sons and daughters. There might be some more mysteries to it.

There is quite a bit more mystery to it than simply saying it's wrong because it doesn't mesh with what you've been brainwashed to believe.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by agnisvaha

The part about if Satan opposes himself, he cannot stand, his end has come due to division (perhaps in ranks, if satan is now symbolic for more than a person).

Almost a Trojan Horse perhaps? And is this satan a land, a nation? A metaphor for ego?
edit on 9-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

That's barbaric. Human sacrifice is barbaric.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Unity_99

The part about if Satan opposes himself, he cannot stand, his end has come due to division (perhaps in ranks, if satan is now symbolic for more than a person).

Almost a Trojan Horse perhaps? And is this satan a land, a nation? A metaphor for ego?

I was referring to how confusing the bible, et al RELIGION can be and the division which occurs because of it. In the example you cite, Jesus is educating the poor deluded sods possessed of restrictive thinking habits. The Pharisees are quick to notice that re-education is strictly the domain of the sacerdotal hierarchy and accuse Jesus of doing ill. Jesus is quick to retort, that Satan casting itself out is a good thing although it is worded to make it seem implausible. Satan heretofore referenced is our attachment to terrestrial machinations like the nucleus held firmly by its molecular lattice.

In the Book of Revelation there is an interesting passage which says, in a manner of speaking that the Sun will shine no more. Perhaps the growing disillusionment of religion in part being supplanted by naturalism and growing appeal of the scientific method is the means to extinguishing the sun? It isn't unreasonable to think God is an atheist, is it?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Tusks
The teachings of Christ are essentially the Golden Rule, peace, forgiveness, and love. The world would be a better place if everyone had a little more of these things in their heart of hearts.

Although evil has occasionally been done in the name of "Christianity", no admonition to do violence to others can be found in the New Testament.

However, the old Testament, the Jewish Talmud, and the Moslem Koran all advocate the subjugation and even the killing of non-believers/non-chosen.

Christ also warned about and identified the Prime Deceivers of the world. They, of course, control nearly the whole world at this point--and they have always known that Christianity was their primary enemy. Hence the hostile attitude to Christianity evident in the media and educational systems, and in the corporate world.

Well that blows the whole theory of "I am the same yesterday, today and forever" doesn't it? Because really, God isn't the same. The standards, the killings. But, Supposedly, God would know His son would not be dead for long so it wasn't much of a sacrifice, more a dog and pony show, or, can't think of the term right now but just a show, not a real thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

ketsuko

Unity_99
reply to post by ketsuko

There was no significant message there about people wanting to kill him. People are completely enslaved and controlled, lied to, instigated. Isaiah 28, one of my favorite passages. The Spirit within me taught me what was being said, not too long ago, within a year or so. and it blew me away. As if then was similar to now, the same mystery school, the same elites, listening to the same demonic enitites, he called them the dead. people still untaught in a good school, shown the way. Well Christ showed the way.

Anything there to put down people, had nothing to do with Love, the Spirit of Peace and Love, and Goodness, who only wanted to wake them up, and loved everyone of them, knowing full well the extent of programming and scarsity box these people lived in.

When a higher up comes in to free souls, its not to put them down or expose them. The corruption is always from on high. Its to free their minds and inspire Love.

They were asked whom to free, and they chose Barabbas.

Now, you can quibble over whether or not they would have released Him had the people chosen Christ, but the fact remains that they did not. You can argue that they were an ignorant mob responding to outside manipulation, but each and every one of them had the chance to yell Christ's name and stand for him ... they did not.

Every person has the choice. No one can force you to do other than what you will. Only you can allow yourself to be trapped by these false boxes of your life's circumstances. It still astonished me that so many are. It's all false, and so many of you still complain about it as though it has power over you and somehow compels you.

The small part of the Holy Spirit that dwells in a few of us ... it's our connection to God. It's as close to Him as we can get until we die and go on to a different place where we aren't limited like we are here. Maybe you don't have it or feel it, but I'd feel lost without it.

So when did you feel it and why are you so special? Again I ask, why is Jesus so special when many other sons have been sacrificed for the good of mankind? Especially considering, God knew the future, knew His son's death was temporary. It's not rocket science. If I sacrifice a certain crystal to a smashing, knowing it will re-form in a few days I'm not really sacrificing anything. It's just a show.
edit on 9-3-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Well I was just reading last night, how the new testament, for example Pauls letters, were parts of private collections that were put in the bible by Rome, so we have a collection of documents, some quite old, doing double speak, relaying an inner message within a story that is often the opposite. I don't approve of this for it enslaved everyone, however it may have occurred naturallly via private collections over time, gnostics writing to each other, keeping their real info to themselves. Or some could be hired by rulers to hide the info to pass it to the more aware, but keep others unaware. Anyway, there is no real point in my prejudging them, everyone has their own reviews to go through after they pass on But the rulers of this world here, we need to excercise normal degrees of judgements about, not soul banishing kind, but keep safe from the bad guys kind. Nothing is hidden from Higher Self and God, nothing can be done in private that is not seen, and recorded by ones own soul. No one is off the hook if it was done intentionally.

But its up the individuals now to use Love and Wisdom to look at their beliefs, and the scripts given to them. And start to realize what Love is: Humble of heart, Kind, Guiding, Teaching, Helping, Forgiving, Sharing, Going the Extra Mile, Non Reactive and Good Natured as much as possible, that is the goal. Then look at how they're interpreting something literally. Does it make sense? Does it line up?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

StoutBroux
In the Bible, there is supposedly ONE thing that seems to separate Jesus from the average man, and that is Gods willingness to let his son die for mankind, ....

I thought the one thing that separated Jesus from the average man was that He is God Incarnate.
Lots of people on Earth die for others.
And there are lots of 'suffering servants' and 'victim souls' who suffer for others.
(according to Catholicism and Buddhism ... and I think Hindus have 'victim souls' as well)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I like the movie the Matrix as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Unity_99
Christ, real or metaphor, is The Way. That is a gnostic term, but even fundamentally, he is still the WAY. The way back home!

Who follows a metaphor? That's just weak and WOW, words can't describe my disgust.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
Excellent question. But my favorite part is where he dies and respawns as a level 10,000 White Dragon Archmage with OP gear and stats you'd have to be Asian to comprehend. I mean, you don't die and come back as the Dungeon Master. That's so broken its not even funny.

Oh, that is seriously funny. You made my day.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

He never sinned? What about the tales of his childhood? He killed people out of anger. Or are they lies?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I wish the IRS, NSA, FBI were illusions as well. I just watched the Caligula on History channel, what a freak. Just goes to show, those who are exposed to tragedy just repeat it, 10 fold.

So, what's the claim to fame? He knew the outcome before it even happened. Supposedly for decades. My question on the topic is that the bible is false. I believe in a higher power, but not the one many have fallen for. There are too many contradictions in the bible and it just seems false.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I just refreshed the recent reply's and my post didn't come up. Why is that? Whatever, on topic is that supposedly the old testament was written to forecast the coming of the Christ. Again I ask, what was so special about him?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Strange how history keeps repeating itself? One would think that instead of waiting for tensions to reach critical mass that efforts to unify humanity; the world, would have already been implemented on a grand scale? Unless, like someone mentioned, it is all just a dog and pony show? If so, words can't describe how shallow and insulting the world stage actually is. For those who like their drama on the ulterior, other-dimensional side, E.T. has left the building because certain political figures couldn't be invaded because such an act would be in violation of their non-existent free-will?!? Que Sera, Sera

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

StoutBroux
There are too many contradictions in the bible and it just seems false.

I whole-heartedly agree and besides the story lacks sophistication - it's just dumb anyway you slice it.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

StoutBroux
He never sinned? What about the tales of his childhood? He killed people out of anger. Or are they lies?

You are talking about the Gnostic tales of Jesus youth which were rejected by the Church.
They were invented long after Jesus was on Earth.
I think of them as 'historic fiction'. Someone told some of their own stories around a historical figure.
So yes ... they are "lies". J
esus, being God incarnate, never sinned. (according to the vast majority of Christianity)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Someone is responsible...for... the ... KILLINGS! They just don't happen all by themselves, do they? In the animal kingdom, it's usually done for food or because of weakness. In the human kingdom it's done out of emotional irresponsibility, revenge, and self-defense. In nature, overall, it happens when tectonic plates shift, atmospheric conditions create storms or droughts, and biological cells decay. In all three instances it should be easy to see who the real killer is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join