It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was God's Son really worth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Personally I think religion, the monotheistic faiths figuring foremost, ought to be more actively discouraged due to their reliance on utter unprovable absurdity as a viable basis for perceiving worldly phenomena. Most of the chimeric imagery found in various religions are merely (anthropomorphized) symbols for the physical forces which shape, mold and affect the Universe in which we live.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Exactly. If I had all of God in my human body, I, and nobody would live. The physical world cannot contain God. Didn't Moses have to speak to God through an intermediary? I honestly don't know where people get this load of crap.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by agnisvaha

Yes, well, you think children should be taught sado-masochism in sex ed, too.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

that back in the early 90s when i was on lsd would have been the scariest thing i had ever seen lol

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Unity_99
reply to post by ketsuko

There was no significant message there about people wanting to kill him. People are completely enslaved and controlled, lied to, instigated. Isaiah 28, one of my favorite passages. The Spirit within me taught me what was being said, not too long ago, within a year or so. and it blew me away. As if then was similar to now, the same mystery school, the same elites, listening to the same demonic enitites, he called them the dead. people still untaught in a good school, shown the way. Well Christ showed the way.

Anything there to put down people, had nothing to do with Love, the Spirit of Peace and Love, and Goodness, who only wanted to wake them up, and loved everyone of them, knowing full well the extent of programming and scarsity box these people lived in.

When a higher up comes in to free souls, its not to put them down or expose them. The corruption is always from on high. Its to free their minds and inspire Love.

They were asked whom to free, and they chose Barabbas.

Now, you can quibble over whether or not they would have released Him had the people chosen Christ, but the fact remains that they did not. You can argue that they were an ignorant mob responding to outside manipulation, but each and every one of them had the chance to yell Christ's name and stand for him ... they did not.

Every person has the choice. No one can force you to do other than what you will. Only you can allow yourself to be trapped by these false boxes of your life's circumstances. It still astonished me that so many are. It's all false, and so many of you still complain about it as though it has power over you and somehow compels you.

The small part of the Holy Spirit that dwells in a few of us ... it's our connection to God. It's as close to Him as we can get until we die and go on to a different place where we aren't limited like we are here. Maybe you don't have it or feel it, but I'd feel lost without it.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

*yawn*

I'm sure that would have more power if I actually belonged to an organized religious group at the moment.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Mr. Applewhite is probably be an accurate estimation of the majority Christian opinion insofar as belief in an ELE, and a rapture which Marshall and his group sought to expedite after receiving a direct, supernatural, communication from the Father. Apparently Mr. Applewhite didn't get the memo... God is Dead

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

What was Gods Son really worth? In sheckels or pieces of silver; need to know the exchange rate.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by Unity_99

Exactly. If I had all of God in my human body, I, and nobody would live. The physical world cannot contain God. Didn't Moses have to speak to God through an intermediary? I honestly don't know where people get this load of crap.

You can absolutely contain the concept within your brain/forget the body (cant hold the higher frequencies; youd burn up). Moses spoke to the disguised Demi-Gods, NOT GOD AT ALL, he did but it was Enlil as (Yahweh) and Enki as Abraham (Posiedon) the Upper and Lower gods of Summaria one representing each hemisphere of the earth and as well the sea vs land architypes. Do you not understand how myth is borrowed and redacted or conformed to fit that civilizations circumstance? Gilgamesh was the first as the 'Noah' OVERLAY of all time. You do not realize what is happening, time tested overlays of thoughtform onto you NOW. The ideas of law enforcement, those of systems of government, religous confabulations; you are children being manipulated.
edit on 8-3-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
[...] You do not realize what is happening, time tested overlays of thoughtform onto you NOW. The ideas of law enforcement, those of systems of government, religous confabulations; you are children being manipulated.

“We live and we die and anything else is just a delusion.” - Chuck Palahniuk

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
agnisvaha
veteranhumanbeing

VHB You do not realize what is happening, time tested overlays of thoughtform onto you NOW. The ideas of law enforcement, those of systems of government, religious confabulations; you are children being manipulated.

agnisvaha
“We live and we die and anything else is just a delusion.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Yup, this life you think you are living is a delusion. Real life exists in the higher/lighter frequency of the higher astral planes, that place where heavy matterform "EXISTS" is this 3d dimension; another dreamscape of (YOU dont want to be there/here and as you are if reading this wish you werent experiencing it because its just not much fun). In the higher realm you can instantly do what you wish and it manifests, here (earth/matter bound human is acting out the Architypes upon architype: or Biblical hellfire). I could begin naming them including the falsities existing within. The bible was supposed to be a blueprint for man-imals to not kill one another. It became instead a warped piece of fiction misused/abused.
edit on 8-3-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I haven't gone deeply into every section, but Moses contains metaphor. And the tao. Out of Egypt, means leaving ego behind. Going to Egypt is trials of ego.

Paul refers to Moses and the red sea as a reference to what baptism truly means. Which is meditation. ie Bruce Lee, "Be Water my friend". The waters of baptism is the waters of meditation and basically the Tao.

The red sea: anger, impulses to anger, war. Reactions. Lower mind reactions, those tied into body suit reactions.

The pharoah's army: that which assails you, inner and outer, that pushes your buttons. There is to me a link in being the "pharoah's" army, so to me also this means, those hardships, traumas and injustices that the elite of the world hurl at us. Most things are inner, so most things would be assaulted by our life memories and injustices directed to us and also our failings, our temptations. But the word, pharoah also means, elites hurling bolders at us.

Note, in the literal God kills real people, but not the real message. God works with you to help you grow up and achieve Higher Mind, and Love not a Murderer. The Murderer is always the opposite of God!! PERIOD!

But our heart tells us that, so you're not supposed to allow an authority figure or minister to convince you otherwise. Its all a test, and they've really corrupted people's Love. You have within your heart and soul 2 witnesses that came in with you, that are your Guides, Love and Wisdom and in the end they'll be with you through the final life review, and people regret giving away their common sense and also their own inner knowing what Love is.

OK, Moses then says, "Man of Peace' : those who desire to part the red sea of their anger.
"Be still and know the Lord (ie God, Lord/Lord, Throne/Throne is a pyramid system and heaven is the opposite, the equality and humble of heart Love): MEDITATE. Know God.

Jacob: He named the city he met God penial, Genesis 32 30.

Paul was a gnostic by the way.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

To be honest with you, I don't believe that what is contained in the Bible is entirely factual. But if you're going to base your argument on what's in the Bible, Trinitarians have no argument. They base their whole argument on John 1:1, despite the fact that the original Greek is different from what's in the King James and other translations. They also base their flimsy arguments on other verses that are even more vague. And let's forget that their interpretation of John 1:1 doesn't coincide with other verses in the Bible. In that same chapter of John, it says that no one can see the face of God and yet live! That part wasn't taken out because if they take that part out, then they'd have to rewrite other parts of the Bible. The reason that no one wants to debate them on this point is because JW's are too meek to do so. I however don't give a ****.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Matthew 13:34

All these things spoke Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spoke he not unto them:

Mark 3:23

And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

www.roger-pearse.com...

“The scriptures are of little use to those who understand them as they are written.”

Others to research too;

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

It is sad that most Christians aren’t aware of some of the quotes given by early church fathers and church historians themselves. By their own admission they downplay the literal nature of the gospels:

“There is nothing so easy as be sheer volubility to deceive a common crowd or an uneducated congregation.”

—St. Jerome (Epistle to Nepostian, Lii, 8.)

“How it may be lawful and fitting to use falsehood as a Medicine, and for the benefit of those who want to be deceived.”

—Eusebius (12th Book of Evangelical Preparation, 32 chapter)

“We shall introduce into this history in general only those vents which may be useful first to ourselves and afterwards to posterity.”

—Eusebius (Ecclesiastical History, Vol. 8, chapter 2.)

I must interject here that Eusebius is considered the first church historian. He worked under the emperor Constantine the great, who made Christianity a legal religion of the Roman Empire. Constantine also outlawed Gnosticism around 325 A.D.

“And often it is necessary to deceive, and to do the greatest benefits by means of this device, whereas he who has gone by a straight course had done great mischief to the person whom he has not deceived.”

—John Chrysostom (Treatise On The Priesthood, Book 1).

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

That is your belief. You don't get it. Humans need to believe to live. You can't remove that from humans.

Faith is very important to have.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

First off, the major difference between Jesus and any other human being is that Jesus lived a perfect and sin free life, which is why He alone was worthy to fulfill the Law and die for the sin of the world. There is a huge difference between the sacrifice that Jesus made compared with that of any other man. Jesus died for the sin of the world. He literally took the entire weight and punishment of all sin that has ever been committed, and will ever be committed, so that human beings would have a chance at redemption. To call it the greatest act of love in history is a gross understatement. Man's redemption comes from repenting, or turning from, unbelief to belief. All that is required for salvation is to put your complete faith and trust in Jesus Christ to save you from eternal condemnation. There is nothing that you can do to save yourself... no amount of good works can save you, only faith in Jesus Christ can save you. Once you place your complete faith in Him, and call upon the name of the LORD by asking Him to save you, you are redeemed. God's never ending and much undeserved grace takes care of the rest. No human being that has ever sacrificed himself/herself for another can say this. God created man in His image, and like God, humans exist forever***. It is up to you where that eternal existence will take place. Do you choose eternal life by accepting and believing on Jesus Christ, or do you choose eternal condemnation in Hell by not repenting from your unbelief? The choice is yours and only yours to make.

***humans exist forever once they are born... God has always, and will always exist.
edit on 8-3-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Unity_99
Mark 3:23

And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

This is a good example of the confusion which can result from trying to follow biblical reasoning. In the quoted verse Jesus is responding to Pharisee's who are accusing him of being satan for performing an exorcism (casting out demons)

First he plays dumb,

How can satan cast out satan?

Then he tries to confuse them by waxing philosophical,

A kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

He then makes them feel dumb through patronizing simplification,

A house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

Next, he practically confirms their suspicions ,

if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come.

?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

They may need it but that 'need' doesn't justify the metaphor. The apostle Paul remarked on the necessity of illusion (faith) but the flaw in his reasoning is its reliance on a dualistic theosophical system which perpetuates delusion.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The human named Jesus was the Word made flesh. There has never existed any other human being like Him. Imho we are all children of God, or at least creations of Him. When a creation of God is a child of God logic would say it are his sons and daughters. There might be some more mysteries to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join