It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream affecting senses the next day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is the most bizarre realistic lucid dream I have ever had. For the entire next day I could taste blood in my mouth and there was nothing I could do to get rid of the taste. I brushed, flossed, rinsed my mouth out multiple times. I also felt a deeply disturbing feeling, as if what I did in my dream was real. I know it was a dream but it just felt so darn real.

The dream took place in an airport/mall/apartment with secret railways in the walls. The top floor was the apartment complex, mid level the mall with an escalator leading down to the airport. Everyone was rushing to get on to a plane and get out of dodge. It felt like the SHTF, everyone was freaking out and running wild. This is where it gets weird. I was attacking people and drinking their blood. I could taste it, feel it smell it, all senses were engaged. I was using the secret railways in the walls to get around the complex to find my next victim. There were police type characters trying to catch me, they were using weapons with no effect. I have had dreams before where I'd been shot, and it hurt. This time there was no pain involved. I knew these bullets could not hurt me.

I am not a violent person and would never consider drinking peoples blood. Has anyone else had a dream that affected your senses the next day? Does anyone have an idea as to why I could taste the blood the following day?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I've had one dream where it affected my senses for roughly four hours the next day. During the Fall of 2013 I had a dream that my grandfather (the man who raised me and died a few years back) came to visit me. We sat and talked and he told me that I should talk to my grandmother and tell her that he was watching over us. The next morning for four hours his very distinct scent followed me everywhere. I changed my clothes and moved locations several times but still it persisted. I've never experienced anything like it before in my life. I'm still not sure what to make of it.

-Rav

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

My guess is that you choked in your sleep,or snored really loud and did something to the inside of your mouth, effecting taste and feel the next day until it wore off.
(I have done this myself from snoring and having sleep apnea)
Freaky dream!

edit on 8-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenger13

Goosebumps! Thanks for sharing.

Its just so bizarre that if dreams are just that, dreams, how does it carry over in to "real" life.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I would expect it is just an artifact left-over from a very vivid dream.

Reality, after all, originates in the brain. Who's to say the brain
can't interpret the body's sensory input anyway it wants?

That being said...have you checked your neck for any recent
snake-bite-looking puncture wounds?

If so, don't expect any forthcoming dinner invitations from me...

edit on 8-3-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I honestly thought that was the case but there was no cut or blood in my mouth. It tasted the same as it did when i was "drinking" it from peoples veins. The next day i also felt quite disturbed.

The only other time I have tasted blood was after a blood transfusion. Its hard to explain but I could taste it and feel the taste though out my body.

I'm going to look in to sleep disorder causing the taste.

Thanks for your help

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I would say that the reason you could taste blood is because the symbolism was important to your subconscious. Just my thoughts.

link   
reply to post by rival

Well i do look very young for my age

The brain is so complex and it could be a number of things. I have been cutting fluoride as much as I can (I live an the wine country and the tap water is fluoride free for the vines) and have been trying to decalcify my pineal gland. Wonder how much this has an affect of the day after dreaming.

link   

I can imagine the taste.
I used to donate plasma and when they put everything back in, it would leave a metallic taste like blood.

Your dream could be just because of all the crazy news going on lately, that can really disturb the sub-conscious.
If you are an Anne Rice reader or kind of into vampire lore and stuff I can see how that would work it's way into your sub-conscious and create a dream like this as the mind scrambles to reassure itself that all will be ok.

That is just kind of another thought I had in regards to your dream.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Very interesting idea

Dream Moods

To dream that you are drinking blood indicates that you have a fresh burst of vitality and power.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I had a very vivid/lucid dream a couple of nights ago. It involved me being part of some ghostbuster/paranormal group. We were at a homesite where we were trying to kill/capture some entity.
My partner in the dream (who looked Somalian for reason), emerged from a room all sweaty and bloody. He looked at me and said "You give it a try". I grabbed something that looked like a hammer and went in. I pinpointed the location of the source/entity under a piece of furniture. Then I proceeded to wave the hammer around the empty space.
At that moment, I remember experiencing a feeling of great sadness/depression, unlike anything I have ever felt in my life. I've lost many loved ones, gone through hard break-ups, gone through some difficult times. Nothing compared to this terrible feeling of extreme sadness/meloncholy from this being.
It affected me so much, that since then I've been thinking about it and realized that no matter what happens in my life, my emotions could never reach such a point. Very strange....

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I get that feeling after I sneeze or eat chocolate that's mostly all dark. I just ate some right now. It was 80 or 85 percent.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Ok. Nothing to do with dreaming......

second

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

How embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I had a similar dream roughly a year ago. It took place in an asian labour camp, at night, where me and my friends were cutting and polishing diamonds. It was cold, snow was everywhere around us. They had these sharp lights. A few people tried running away, but were shot. What was even more frustrating was those guys actually spoke chinese/korean, so I couldn't understand a thing. During breaks, which was during the day, we (workers) were able to rest in sort of a fortress. It was an old ruin, with gravel, plastic and waste on the floor. It looked like a ghost town after a nuclear disaster. I can't fully describe how rotten and disgusting that place was. Most importantly, it smell. Really bad. I picked some of the stuff on the floor up, inhaled and instantly woke up. I felt disoriented and paranoid as it was the middle of the night. For the next couple of days I could feel that rotten smell around me. Really one of the worst dreams I had. Worst of all, I have no clue where it came from. I rarely have negative dreams.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

If you have nothing to contribute but sarcasm and snide remarks please go away.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You are tripping. I meant how embarrassing, as in how embarrassing your comment was to me. Plain English: you embarrassed me.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Then let me apologize to you. I thought you were making fun or whatever based on the comment. It is hard to read tone with text. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

Hope you are enjoying the chocolate.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Lol. Thanks. The chocolate hit the right notes.

top topics

join