It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When we catch Zarqawi - then what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ok, so let's say that we finally get the news that Zarqawi, or BinLaden are captured. Then what? One must assume that these "sleeper cells" will awaken with the capture of either of these two. Should they be held in jail? Interrogated? Executed? Should the capture be a "silent one". Is it more dangerous to actually capture these guys than it is to let them continue living in caves for lack of a better term?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It would really depend on the importance of OBL and Zarqawi to Al-Quada. Zarqawi seems to have an important administrative role in Iraq, whereas OBL perhaps play more of a "spiritual" role. I think that it would be best if their captures were made public. Al-Quada seems to be made up of various different interest groups, and perhaps, if their "spiritual" leaders were captured their would be a power vacuum that would split the organistaion.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Volkgeister]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Silent for a time. A great deal can be learned as others who are not aware of the captures start to comunicate with eachother.

Once any/all intelligence that can be gathered is gathered, make it public. Usama's capture must be known as he IS the spiritual leader and Al Qeada's spirits needs to be broken.

As far as Zarqawi, keep it on the DL for a bit. He IS the leader and a sizeable group seem to depend on him. Let them squirm for a bit. By measuring the sophistication, frequency, and nature the activity after his capture you can get a real good idea how important he was.

It may be that it means nothing that they are captured. You need to wait a bit and measure the effects.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Absoloutley no gain will be gotten by the capture of any of these "leaders". They are just figure heads and do not have real direct control over the masses.

What needs to be done is to look at why such hatred towards the west exists. We should try to understand these feelings and try to change them, force and war will do nothing but encourage the behaviours,.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
How about making a videotape for Al-Jahzeera where a bunch of KKKlansmen in white dresses with red Crusader crosses and some biblical scriptures on the wall , cut off his head (naturally the official US government would deny every involvement, blame it on associates of Ayatollah Ashcroft)

(ok I have a sick sense of humour, but it seems so appropriate considering the things this relifundi had done to his victims for his propaganda war)

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Better yet cut off his little head for the Ajizzera video tqpe!

Let them listen to him scream like a little girl while he bleeds out.

I say we not waste the money on a trial, his videos and his beliefs have already hanged him.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Absoloutley no gain will be gotten by the capture of any of these "leaders". They are just figure heads and do not have real direct control over the masses.

I wouldn't go so far to say absolutely no gain. At the very least it would be a big psychological blow to their organization, and any time a new leader is choosen there will be some changes. Besides just like what has happend to Hamas after awhile they're afraid to name their leaders and you can't say that doesn't have an effect on them.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by outsider]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't know if the U.S. would prefer him as. A morale booster shot if caught (even still they might bide til the right time. never know with these ducks) , or have him keep his much-needed boogey man status (gotta give the rising dissent some credit
, ah well.. new hippies! cheap lsd! # yueah! ).

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

ah well.. new hippies! cheap lsd! yueah! ).

Well that sure was an interesting reply. Not really sure how to answer it.....

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
or you lot could just give him a job in the CIA or the white house
he would be great company for Bush

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

When we catch Zarqawi - then what?

Personally, I'm a big fan of public decapitation, then burying the head and the body in separate graves, along with a butchered pig, with the head facing down and the body facing away from Mecca, but hey, that's just me....

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Arafat was A
Bin Laden is B
Mullah Omar is O
Zarqawi is Z

Arafat just left, so A is free, and we're currently at Z, so it's safe to predict the next terrorist mastermind will have a name beginning with A

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Arafat just left, so A is free, and we're currently at Z, so it's safe to predict the next terrorist mastermind will have a name beginning with A

arial sharon

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
X = Bin Laden is dead
Y = A(new) joins Al Qaeda

O + B + Z = AQ
AND O = B = Z
THEREFORE O + Z = 2/3 x AQ

IF X IS TRUE AND Y IS TRUE AND A(new) > A(old)
THEN
O + Z + A(new) > AQ

SUPER AL-QAEDA!!

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Then what? nothing.

Did you hear a word from Saddam?
Your question is pointless.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilist Freak
I don't know if the U.S. would prefer him as. A morale booster shot if caught (even still they might bide til the right time. never know with these ducks) , or have him keep his much-needed boogey man status (gotta give the rising dissent some credit

I'd have to agree. Why did they wait till 2 days before entering Fallujah to secure the parimeter, thus cutting off his escape routes? Not like they didn't stage miles outside the city for weeks and weeks, pretty much saying "Hey, were coming in, if you want to escape do it now." Keeping guys like this around give a face to this war, something to justify this fight, in effect promoting the "boogey man" enemy status.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Then perhaps the focus will go back on Bin Laden...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Two words: Kill him.

My personal opinion is that the emphasis has been taken off bin Laden because al Quaeda has been effectively disorganized to the extent that he is no longer a legitimate priority. We could waste a lot of time, money and resources seeking him out when there are smaller more problematic fish to fry. He can't hide forever, I don't believe, and eventually we are going to capture someone who knows where he is and is willing to talk.

Remember that, as much as everyone here hates government secrecy, we can't tell the world everything we know or we will blow our progress and advantages.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Two words: Kill him.

My personal opinion is that the emphasis has been taken off bin Laden because al Quaeda has been effectively disorganized to the extent that he is no longer a legitimate priority. We could waste a lot of time, money and resources seeking him out when there are smaller more problematic fish to fry. He can't hide forever, I don't believe, and eventually we are going to capture someone who knows where he is and is willing to talk.

Remember that, as much as everyone here hates government secrecy, we can't tell the world everything we know or we will blow our progress and advantages.

A qualified theory by a loyal patriot

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Did you hear a word from Saddam?
Your question is pointless.

Pointless? Actually I believe it has quite a bit of validity. While I agree nothing was heard from Saddam, frankly he was a dictator with an incredibly cruel soul - and took it out on his own people. Zarquawi, and Bin Laden try to potentially take it out on every country of the world, and every person - from innocent babies, to adults, to senior citizens. Get a clue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join