It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does life come from?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Under the current model we have an Earth that when it was forming would have been an incandescent ball of fire, which would have made it sterile. But life formed and biology got going, so are we to assume that in the very elements themselves the seeds of basic life exist, then evolve to fill the environment. If this is too far fetched then we have to assume that the void of space contains something that floats around and if it finds the right place, starts the process by seeding an appropriate planet. If the second assumption is true, then life is Universal, and if the first assumption is also true then the same is true. Since only these two options exist for the creation of life then the Universe must be teeming with biological entities.
edit on 8-3-2014 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

Where does the universe come from.
Isn't that same thing ?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

anonentity
Under the current model we have an Earth that when it was forming would have been an incandescent ball of fire, which would have made it sterile. But life formed and biology got going, so are we to assume that in the very elements themselves the seeds of basic life exist, then evolve to fill the environment. If this is too far fetched then we have to assume that the void of space contains something that floats around and if it finds the right place, starts the process by seeding an appropriate planet. If the second assumption is true, then life is Universal, and if the first assumption is also true then the same is true. Since only these two options exist for the creation of life then the Universe must be teeming with biological entities.
edit on 8-3-2014 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

Or God

My issue with your assumption is it still neglects the original question.

Where did the "something that floats around" come from?

You have just taken the question off planet

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Bacteria has been observed surviving for millennia in ice, in fact, oil drillers may soon have to have ice tested for 'extinct diseases' before they unearth them.

It is my belief that microscopic lifeforms can survive on frozen asteroids, this then would make asteroids akin to 'pollen' and planets as flowers. It is a system that is inherent in literally all plant life on earth, why not just beyond our confines?

Just my thoughts.
edit on 8-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Since only these two options exist for the creation of life then the Universe must be teeming with biological entities.

Highly likely, indeed.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

borntowatch
Or God

My issue with your assumption is it still neglects the original question.

Where did the "something that floats around" come from?

You have just taken the question off planet

OP: Perhaps you should have revised your post to say 'from an evolutionists point of view'!

Borntowatch: Whilst I am quite open to there being a creator, I do not think this should stop you from exploring alternative methods, believe what you will but don't close your mind.

How do you know that it was not a comet directed from God that sprung life on Earth? (Except perhaps man, if you believe the Adam and Eve version of a beginning)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

As the song says `we are stardust` , the building blocks for life as we know it carbon and amino acids come from space , they fall on planets which provide a habitat for chemistry to take place and eventually produce life.

This work shows that chemistry that occurs in space can lead to the production of amino acids, one of a number of materials critical to lie on Earth and a material whose presence likely played a key role in the origin of life on Earth. Since the process of ice photolysis is thought to be occurring wherever new stars and planets are formed, this implies amino acids may well be introduced to the surfaces of all newly formed planets.
www.astrochem.org...

edit on 8-3-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

How do you know that it was not a comet directed from God that sprung life on Earth?

Sort of a lot of effort.
I mean. If you're God why bother with a comet when a snap of the fingers (or equivalent) will do the trick?
*life*
edit on 3/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I suppose the answer to that, is that the very elements themselves, whether on earth or in Space have the seeds of life. The fact that Galaxies are composed of stars with solar systems, with said planets that revolve in the Goldilocks zone, could be argued that they in themselves (Solar systems) are biological entities. Or that all matter having the ability to form more complex biological systems must in fact be living?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by iRoyalty

How do you know that it was not a comet directed from God that sprung life on Earth?

Sort of a lot of effort.
I mean. If you're God why bother with a comet when a snap of the fingers (or equivalent) will do the trick?
*life*
edit on 3/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

ah, i know the answer to that one: god works in mysterious ways?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Phage

Sort of a lot of effort.
*life*

I agree, but how can we be sure of the actual extent of the power of God?

It was also just a quick example that popped into my head, not a lot of thought went into it lol

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think there is no other way than to end up with life.

What is life in the first place? is it something we define as life or is it something more ?
maybe our whole solar system is kind of a life, or our universe

If you assume that life is just a definition, described by something that have to be happening, you will find out that fire is alive as well.
Life as you think about it, is just a definition, made up by humans...
ask a tree what life is, or a rock

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

KrzYma
I think there is no other way than to end up with life.

What is life in the first place? is it something we define as life or is it something more ?
maybe our whole solar system is kind of a life, or our universe

If you assume that life is just a definition, described by something that have to be happening, you will find out that fire is alive as well.
Life as you think about it, is just a definition, made up by humans...
ask a tree what life is, or a rock

Well said.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

iRoyalty

Phage

Sort of a lot of effort.
*life*

It was also just a quick example that popped into my head, not a lot of thought went into it lol

well, if god can create the universe, she wouldn't need a comet. anyway, i thought she created life from the soil?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

rigel4

Where does the universe come from.
Isn't that same thing ?

On a side... In the beginning when there was a void, there couldn't have been the energy to create the physical universe, the only way it could have been created is as a thought. Which is pretty clever because the thought has gained quite a lot of traction . Since we are all spending what we perceive to be our time in an illusion. Which for all intense and purpose is now our reality. Fuelled by assembling more information. Which as it becomes coherent reinforces the perceived reality. So the question is irrelevant, because on the one hand there is no Universe, on the other hand what we perceive as the Universe, comes from where we all agree it comes from, when we have finaly created and agreed on the model.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

iRoyalty

Phage

Sort of a lot of effort.
*life*

I can only tell you what I think... about God
God is a concept, a concept like freedom, peace, truth, rightness, justice and many other big words.

My biggest question about God is, if he created all this, and he knew what he did, why is it such peace of crap what he did ?
Killing is survival, destruction is creation, lies are the truth

If life is some kind of a test, why I don't know the rules ?
If being a religious person, close to God means, I have to figure it out by myself or by listening to other humans, why not just give every new born living being an inherent knowledge what good or bad is ??

There is not good or bad, unless you judge it, judge it with humans eyes... this may differ

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

taoistguy
well, if god can create the universe, she wouldn't need a comet. anyway, i thought she created life from the soil?

What do we find in the soil? Microscopic lifeforms

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

iRoyalty

taoistguy

What do we find in the soil? Microscopic lifeforms

yeah, but not people.

(well, except dead ones.)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

taoistguy
yeah, but not people.

Depends if you are an evolutionist or not, since I am, then yes, people come from micro-organisms.

More accurately would probably be the water, I think this would be a much more suitable environment for ice dwelling microbes to be released into. Also probably why all our common ancestors were once water dwellers.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

iRoyalty

taoistguy
yeah, but not people.

Depends if you are an evolutionist or not, since I am, then yes, people come from micro-organisms.

More accurately would probably be the water, I think this would be a much more suitable environment for ice dwelling microbes to be released into. Also probably why all our common ancestors were once water dwellers.

all our common ancestors were stars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join