It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Interpretation Help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nomoregmo

The dream and even the real-life event are probably symbolic of something. But the prominent situation of your dream is that it came true. Maybe it was just meant to come true and show you the possibilities.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

thanks. yea i think it was just a build up of the bad energy we've been having lately. that and i always have weird/#ed up dreams. how often do most people lucid dream? i lucid dream almost every night multiple times, whereas some of my friends i asked said they do maybe once or twice a month.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nomoregmo

That makes sense, too.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cry93

I posted this elsewhere, however I thought it might be of help. It's an alternative way of interpreting dreams. I've used an example of one of my dreams to illustrate using the feelings a dream gives rise to, to help you understand about what's going on inside yourself.

An example of using my feelings to interpret my dreams. It all being part of my Feeling-Healing.

Last night I dreamt...

The governmental man in a suit visited the farm of an elderly couple. They only had a small farm and the new law being forced on them meant they had to wire up their farm with solar panels to contribute to the grid. They would receive enough money to survive, the rest being taken from them by the authorities. They felt crushed, it was the end of the farm, which although had always been a meagre and pathetic existence, was still theirs.

I was a fly on the wall. I could sense the anger, resentment, frustration and deep pain felt by the farming couple. A lovely man and woman who’d always done their best, always given freely and asked nothing in return. The ‘suit’ was cold, dispassionate, hard, cruel, delighting in the pain he was inflicting and the control and power he wielded - a spine-less man. The usual stereotypes.

And I was raging, I was furious, yet powerless to do anything. Had I been in the old couples place I too would have had to acquiesce unable to even voice a protest, telling myself, oh well as there is nothing we can do about it, we’ll just have to make the most of it.

I wanted to know the truth of my dream, why did I have it, what is it trying to show me. I want to know through my feelings; not with my mind. I’ve never been interested in dream symbology. I want to really know: how does this dream relate to me and my life, to my life as a child and my relationship with my parents where all my patterns, good and bad, stem from.

And I accept I am all the different people in my dream, they are all reflecting parts of me - it is within me, it is my dream. I am the poor farmers as I am also the horrible uncaring man.

And how I use my feelings to help me uncover the truth they are wanting me to see is like this:

I long and yearn to know the truth of myself.

I fully accept that I feel angry in the dream, so I start there, with my bad feeling.

I own it, fully acknowledge it, I am really pissed-off.

I understand this anger is deeply repressed or buried in me, and now that I’m feeling it, I want to bring it all up. The dream is showing me its hidden within me and I’m disconnected from it, and that’s why I have to dream-feel it. But now I want to bring that unconscious anger up into my waking reality.

The anger is now pushing up in me wanting to come out, it wants to be expressed. I tell Marion about it, I tell her the dream but focusing on all the feelings I felt. Then I emote and express my anger to her: I let it have its say.

And whilst I’m expressing how furious I feel, telling her why I feel so bad, and how much I hate the government man, and how powerless I feel, I long as hard as I can to know the truth my feelings are trying to show me. I also ask God: Please God help me to see the truth of my feelings You want me to see.

And I talk and talk, expressing all the bad feelings I can. And I long and long for the truth to come up so I can see it.

Then the truth starts to come. Instantly, sort of like in a flash, I understand that this ‘suit’ is dad - he was always in his suit. And then I understand how he was the absolute authority in our family being the man. Mum was the immediate authority, but behind her was an even greater power - dad. And then I see I am the couple, I being the child are harmless and helpless. I feel how powerless mum and dad made me feel. They laid down the law and too bad, I just had to accept it and try and make the most of it. They crushed me, they didn’t give a # about me, they delighted in the power they had over me. They were spineless powerless people who bluffed their way through life using their children as a power base. They really were the pathetic ones. The one who needs such control over another is really the poor one. However I being still their child, feel very poor. And F@#%ING ANGRY! How dare they treat me like that, how dare they be so unloving!

My dream has shown me more of the truth of myself. More of the truth of why I feel bad. My dream has helped me through my feelings to understand a little more of myself, and to live a little more true to myself.

more should you be interested

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
If I had to analyze your dream, I would say that you are many times put in a place of responsibility. You feel inadequate when these situations arise, but to your surprise, you end up succeeding. The situations usually have to do with helping other people. Does any of this seem true? This is actually my first time doing this. I've done it sometimes for myself.

That is what I took from this too. And maybe the baby shrinking could indicate that some things you think are a big deal really are not in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Hello OP

In my opinion only...

The best person to accurately interpret a dream/vision is you, only you know exactly what you are going through at this point in your life and the same image/dream/vision will mean different things to different people depending on 'where they are' in their life.

Having said that, the images you saw could mean the following:

The baby represents you as a child (neophyte) and the food or milk you are trying to feed yourself, as well as the spread of food in the other room, represents knowledge.

The baby (you) being placed at your feet may mean that you have to humble yourself before you can accept the food you are trying to consume.

Again, if you really want to understand the meaning of any of your dreams, time and meditation is needed to try to understand what you are being shown.

Hope you learn more about your dreams and yourself.

Regards

Gnobody

edit on 14/3/14 by Gnobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sobrett2012

I have to admit, I sort of half-cheated with that interpretation. Of course the meat and potatoes of the interpretation I got from the dream itself. But the other half I got from his writing style (I was able to sense his/her personality from the way he wrote). So it seemed like I was able to discern that he/she was concerned about something. I'm not sure if all or most people who do interpretations do that kind of cold reading.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join