It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These First 4 Photos Were Just Kinda Neat. Then I Saw the 5th One… It Put My Jaw On The Floor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

fluff007
Picture: 5

Are you sure he's not just paint white over a photo of himself ;-)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

If those are actually paintings of a man with a painted face that is truly amazing.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am more amazed at the fact that people find this amazing,

It appears to me that people are finding ANYTHING mesmerizing that seems hard.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
"Art is dead." -Nietzsche

~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
WHOOOA!!! I had to go back and forth over them to really try and see the painting. Looks so real! If it was not for the 5th pic, I would not have believed the others were paintings. Amazing!!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruce

yeah, it's painfully obvious. starred ya

good lord, this guy fools 95% of people here. this site is too much somedays. makes you question the gullibility of people. I made sure to star all those saying it was fake. BECAUSE ITS FAKE.

edit on 12-3-2014 by ninepointfive because: dupes

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

McGinty

fluff007
Picture: 5

Are you sure he's not just paint white over a photo of himself ;-)

you sir are the most observant. its painfully obvious he's painted white over that photograph reproduction.

for anyone who disagrees, look at the white and blue background color boundaries. There is white migrated up into the blue, where he would have obviously drawn a mostly straight blue line if this was in fact the real deal.

apply some logic here people................ this site has the highest ignorant ratio around. Makes G.L.P. look intelligent by comparison

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Great post. I used to do stuff like this, somewhat. Realism. I think if I worked that large and learned the ins and outs of oils, I could pull that off. People don't realize how working so large really pays off when it comes to hyper detail and realism. I have never worked that large so I don't have anything that realistic. I may try it one day just to see if I can pull it off. To be quite honest though, I don't really feel like this is art, and I now don't feel like my stuff was art either. It's more for technical show than art, I concede. The stuff below I did probably ten years ago or so. I haven't done much since then. They are all pencil, except for some digital rafter lights in the MJordan drawing. I used mechanical pencils, with a tiny bit of water color and conte in some cases.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Have been a fan of photo realism in art for a while , I think that the best photorealists are the graffiti artists that do it !
Considering they do it on a massive scale and illegally ( time constraints) and in darkness most of the time

Anyways one I know well is Smug , from new zealand , and RogueOne from Glasgow Scotland , two good stand up dudes with great skills !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join