It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars question for a new viewer.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

if she has managed to avoid them so far - preserve her sanity and leave her in peace [ starwars free ]

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

There are no sounds in space, how did we get that eerie, spooky recording of sat urns rings ( I think that was it).

Radio freqs maybe. All planets make electromagnetic sounds on some wavelength. My favorite is Jupiter…

Zoom to about 9 minutes and listen to aliens arguing on Broad Band Jupiter…

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yes , watch in the order they were released. The way we all saw them originally.

The last episodes aren't up to par and would turn her off I think.

My favorite is return of the Jedi. At least it seemed cool at the time.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I know #1 isn't the best but you can't deny your wife the opportunity to see Darth Maul, my favorite Darth of all. You just have to fast forward through the pod races because that is the absolute worst thing in any of the star wars movies.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
maybe if you get a pair of 3rd generation night vision goggles you can watch some star wars live.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Your better off going 4,5,6,1,2,3.
She would appreciate 4,5,6 more if you start with them and just explain that the next three are prequils. I have had to do the same thing with a few friends and even younger familly members.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

The more recent versions of the first Star Wars trilogy has a lot in it that ties them into the second trilogy.

For example, the bounty hunter who is pursuing the heros, who delivers them to Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back (and who is clearly identified in Attack of the Clones) shows up in several places in the early versions before his demise by sand worm. No extra lines or dialogue, he is simply present. There are a lot of hints and suggestions going on in the background of these films, and I think George Lucas wanted to present them as seamlessly as he could.... although I'm not sure he succeeded!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Go buy the Deep space nine series its better.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
1,2 and 3 should be buried in the bowels of hell. Just pretend those Lucas turds don't exist.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
dont forget 99% of people thought star wars was cool when they where 8 yrs old.

they grew up. star wars is not good.

your girlfriend is being polite.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If she is ever sad make her watch the 3 film, the last of the new ones.
Lots of quality comedic moments in that.

The dialogue before the big fight at the end ..
When Darth Vader is revealed with a very Simpsons sounding yell..

Good times..

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

This is not true.

I am a 27 year old male. Father of four and I still absolutely love SW. I have always been a fan; of course it started when I was young but it wasn't until adulthood that I could even grasp the Theosophical concepths put forth by these seminal films.

Just the fact that you would suggest this is indicative of your lack of understanding of the film and its underlying concepts.

Like it or not, Star Wars has made an impact in our world culturally, morally and philosophically. Try watching the first three films agaun with an open mind, unjaded by the bias of the "nerdy" stigma attatched to the film by the layman.

It should come as no surprise that SW is one of the top grossing film franchises of all time. Toys, cartoons, collectibles, video games, card games, board games, table top role playing games among a myriad of other products.

To say Star Wars only attracts eight year olds is both shallow and pedantic.

As I said I am a man grown and I will continue to enjoy Star Wars for the remainder of my days.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Rikku
dont forget 99% of people thought star wars was cool when they where 8 yrs old.

they grew up. star wars is not good.

your girlfriend is being polite.

Don't forget that this is an absolute lie...
And that stat is grossly over exaggerated lol.. Obviously you don't understand the cult following SW has... Maybe it is just full of 8 year olds...

Also it is his wife, not girlfriend. She doesn't need to be polite. She can tell him how she really feels, kinda point of getting married lol.
You obviously don't like it but that doesn't mean all the rest of us share your vision...especially on an internet forum lol

I agree with most here 4,5,6 then 1,2,3 but I have more love for 1 then the rest it seems. It offers story and tie ins and I am all about that.
Good luck, I hope she finds enjoyment in them as you have.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
**cough Dune Series cough**.

I recommend watching the unaltered 4,5,6 parts, and then going back to watch 1,2,3.

The reason for this is that George purposely started half-way though the set; He wanted to see where the original trilogy would go, so that he could come back to the events before (and do it in 3 movies).

I recommend starting with IV, because that way you can clear up any confusion with the plots, and who the characters are. I did this with my ex, who promptly managed to fall asleep while the guys finished watching.

-fossilera

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I'd start with the original trilogy, that way she can see where it all began. Then if she is still interested, introduce her to episodes 1-3.

And then there's the rest...

Dark Empire trilogy
Jedi Academy Trilogy
Thrawn Trilogy
Black Fleet Crisis
Corellian trilogy
New Jedi Order
Knights of the Old Republic

It's a freakin saga!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

The reason for this is that George purposely started half-way though the set; He wanted to see where the original trilogy would go, so that he could come back to the events before (and do it in 3 movies).

Not really. Originally there was going to be nine movies, but George Lucas was so sure it was going to be a flop only episode 4 was the only one considered at the time, and the rest is history.

The final trilogy kicks of next year with episode 7, which has a few fans worried.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I have a friend who had never seen it and asked the same question. My husband insisted that she watch them in the same order that we did (original trilogy first/prequels second). She watched A New Hope and lost interest. I agree that the original trilogy was the best, but you might be better off starting with the prequels. I never could get her to finish the rest of the films. She might have lost interest either way.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Morning,

The SW franchize is just like every other franchize devised.
Some are hits and some are misses but few are truely as bad as this....

(I implore you...it's not too late...please...reconsider doing this while you still have the time! It can not be unseen!)

-Peace-
edit on 9-3-2014 by Eryiedes because: ETA

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So OP?

What did you choose?

And what did she think?

I'll be checking back -- let us know.

I'd love to haver opinion of each film... as she sees them for the first time.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
UPDATE

Okay, so I took my fellow ATS'ers advice and I started the original way. She enjoyed it and she found R2 and c3po 'funny'. Between me and you guys she kept referring to them by weird names at first it was hilarious like r-10, 5rt-doo, things like that ROFL.

I really want to thank all you guys for your input. You guys are great and funny. Rikku almost threw a grenade at someone for saying it was for 8 year old.

You guys are the greatest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join