It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can mods read private messages?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just curious. Thanks for your answers in advance!

ETA: Just to be clear, I mean others private messages. Is there a mod function that allows them to look at other members messages between one another.
edit on 3/8/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Only the owners have access to your PM inbox and as per the T&C:

You will not post or publically display messages received from TAN, their agents, or any other members, in any way, without the written permission of the author. [TAN, at their discretion, may review the content of your private messages when, and only when, complaints are received from the recipient(s) of your messages.

Otherwise we do not enter your inbox as that would be a violation of your privacy here on ATS.

At least we would think so.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Okay thanks!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

No problem.

If there are any issues you are experiencing with other members and PM's, please feel free to file an alert with staff, or contact me directly.

As the question has been answered:

Thread closed.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

No we mods can't.

An admin staff can, under special circumstances, and I've only seen that a handful of times in the two years I've been modding. They involved individuals who were sending highly offensive/threatening PMs to targeted members.

*If* you've noticed messages in your inbox that you haven't read but are showing as read, there's a reason. It's because if the sender reads the message in their 'sent' folder, the person who it is sent to will have their message show as 'read' in their inbox.

top topics

join