It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Wants To Do What Finding Bigfoot Will Never Do (with video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Found this on "Bigfoot evidence"

This guy had a bigfoot encounter and wants to prove it's real. Looks like he'll have his chance!!

A 43-year-old man named "Arcand" says he will do what no man has done before, and that is to spend 6 months in the Canadian wilderness searching for Bigfoot, in one location, and get paid for it. A Canadian-based production company funded by "five venture capitalists" is searching for a new show to fund for $100,000, and the Bigfoot researcher thinks what type of show will grab their attention and he's already have the title: "Search for Sasquatch". Arcand explains his pitch to the Edmonton Journal:
source bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...

VIDEO here www.edmontonjournal.com...

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

29 weed growers sigh and ready their monster suits one more time in anticipation…

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
More night-vision goggles and heavy-breathing panics as the shakey-cam swings around at 'mysterious' nocturnal noises.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

hahahaah!! "There's something on the hill!!" hahaha!! or " What's that?" lol!!
"you hear that?"

But, heck ...it's their dime ..and I'll watch!!

Good escape TV to forget your troubles!!

edit on 8-3-2014 by RUFFREADY because: there therr their

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Pooh pooh all you want, I will watch. If the army corps of enginers put sasquatch in their Oregon based Environmental Atlas then something is up. Some amazing foot prints exist that show deformity conditions and perfectly intricate deformed bone and tendon damage that would be next to impossible to fake.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I wish Mr. Arcand luck with his pitch but I he shouldn't get his hopes up. I have worked on a few reality shows and there is always a crew with sound, lights, two cameras, a director and PAs on set. He wouldn't be alone in the bush!

He would have a much better chance of getting picked up by the producers if he pitched a show with large breasted women smoking cigarettes and getting drunk.

Canadian eh....

edit on 8-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Money would be better spent with aerial surveillance using IR cameras. Walking around in the wilderness that is ACCESSIBLE by man is going to be fruitless, searching on foot, alone for a possibly moving target that does not want to be seen? Come -on-.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
He's going to go out and make a reality show about finding Bigfoot and get paid to do it. That sounds exactly like what the Finding Bigfoot team would do.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yeah, we both like our Bigfoot news and shows

I'll be watching when it hits YT.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Maverick7
Money would be better spent with aerial surveillance using IR cameras. Walking around in the wilderness that is ACCESSIBLE by man is going to be fruitless, searching on foot, alone for a possibly moving target that does not want to be seen? Come -on-.

I agree, with their senses of smell and hearing and the ability to move like we can't in the woods, if you see one it is because it wants to be seen or can tell when you are not a threat.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

While he is out there , to get Definitive Proof that Bigfoot really Exists , he should go Heavly Armed with Shot Guns , Hand Guns , and maybe even an Elephant Gun . Shoot the Critter on Sight , and then Haul the Body back to an Independent Medical Lab for Testing and Evaluation . If it turns out it's some Rube Knucklehead in a Fur Suit , well tough titties Jethro you Dumbass .................

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
They might as well throw the $100, 000 in a campfire. ..

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

“I literally felt its saliva hit my face and felt the warmth of his breath, and I immediately wet myself,” he told the producers.

A natural born hero. But the best part:

Unfortunately, it was so dark he couldn’t see his hand in front of his face so he can’t be sure it was a sasquatch.

And the producers are going to pay this clown a hundred grand for this ?????

A new show called "Search for Sasquatch" ??

I'm in the wrong business.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I've said that someone should do this a long time ago. Same goes for the paranormal. I would love to see a show where an investigative team stays at a haunted location for a solid 6 months and see what evidence they could gather. I'm not expecting a whole lot with this new bigfoot show, but I will definitely watch.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Exactly!! What you said!! Ditto!!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I wish him all the luck in the world and really, really hope he is successful. That would be amazingly awesome.

However, I predict he will find nothing. As with every single person ever who has set out to do this.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

intrptr

29 weed growers sigh and ready their monster suits one more time in anticipation…

Oh man laughs like this shouldn't be free lol. Classic

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I hope he doesn't do this unarmed! If there is good footage, it might be worth watching. I just hope we don't have to sit through a lot of "What was that?" sort of nonsense, where we and the camera see and hear nothing!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

sparrowstail
Pooh pooh all you want, I will watch. If the army corps of enginers put sasquatch in their Oregon based Environmental Atlas then something is up. Some amazing foot prints exist that show deformity conditions and perfectly intricate deformed bone and tendon damage that would be next to impossible to fake.

The Army Corp of Engineers?

Wow, such a huge turnaround for the government to do that. Link please. I am very interested.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is definitely a prerequisite for actually seeing a bigfoot, and thus being in a position to capture evidence. I was just mentioning in another thread how small the chances are of finding bigfoot by utilizing the methods of the show "Finding Bigfoot," which unfortunately is what the majority of researchers seem to do as well. If you look at the thousands of available reports, it becomes apparent that most sightings come not from people out looking for bigfoot, but from random people who have never given the idea of bigfoot a second thought. If they ever gave it a first thought, lol. They were highly indifferent is what I'm saying.

This is logical considering the small percentage of the population out looking for bigfoot, which translates into very low odds based on numbers alone. But when you consider the hundreds of millions of people in the United States who live in states with a bigfoot population, it is obvious that the chances of one of these people having a sighting is much greater, simply because there are more of them. That is why sightings seem to come from random people, people with varying backgrounds, differing social status, etc...

The majority of us in the bigfoot community have long ago concluded that there are certain necessary prerequisites for finding bigfoot, of course throwing sheer chance/luck aside. For instance, my sighting was nothing but sheer luck. I believe the animal was checking us out as we walked deeper into the woods, and as I walked in a particular direction, I caught him from kind of the side and back as he was entering a treeline, having crossed a small open field to get there. My timing was quite lucky, since if I made it to that spot 10 or so seconds later, I wouldn't have seen anything.

Anyway, one of the requirements for finding bigfoot when that is one's goal is to spend as much consistent time in their environment as possible. It is quite easy to determine what particular forests bigfoot live in by reading sighting reports, although some forests are bigger than others, and when you get into the PNW everything seems to kind of run together, because there is so much forested land. I think most people would be surprised at the amount of forested land is in the US, much of unexplored, or maybe only had someone walk through it once, years and years ago. Think of this....There are millions of square miles of national forests alone. There is a staggering 640 acres to a square mile. Doing the math, that is a whole lot of acreage for bigfoot to live in. And that is not even considering the wilds of Canada, which is basically an extension of US forestland in the PNW.

Anyway, spending as much time there as possible is key, as you want to be there if a bigfoot comes through. If you only spend a few hours a day in a certain location, then a bigfoot could come through when you aren't there. Attempting to cover as much ground as possible, thinking that if a bigfoot wasn't at a point A, maybe it will be at point B, is not a good strategy. The animals will have a much better chance to hear you coming, and leave the area. But if you get up high in a tree, completely concealed, and you've chosen your spot well, and you remain there for 6 months...if a bigfoot comes through, you will either see it or get it on film.

You could put cameras up to accomplish the same thing, but here is the deal with trail cameras and why they rarely capture a bigfoot. Usually it is quite easy to see a box strapped to a tree. It only takes limited intelligence to realize that such a thing is not natural to the environment. That is bigfoot's house, and he will know what is supposed to be, and what is not supposed to be, in that environment. So if it sees something like that, I think it will associate it with humans, or at the very least associate with something that is unnatural, and thus avoid it altogether. And for the camera to capture the bigfoot in the first place, it will have to be facing the right direction. There are three other directions of approach that would allow the animal to see the camera before the camera captures it.

There is also the possibility that sasquatch have a good sense of smell, and can actually smell that a human has been in the area, or smell human residue from the camera itself. There are multiple eyewitness reports of sasquatch sticking its nose in the air and sniffing, like a dog would, which could indicate that they rely heavily on their sense of smell. Obviously an animal of that nature will use every single sense it has to its advantage, and in fact, all of its senses will likely be honed much more than those of a human. This is because it relies on all its senses for survival, and thus they are always sharp. Humans do not need to rely so heavily on their senses for survival all the time, so it may be hard for some to understand their importance to such an animal.

So another prerequisite is to de-scent everything. And I mean everything. And another thing about cameras. If the animals are skittish of them, yet they get captured on film because the camera saw them before they saw the camera, or since they don't know what it is they decided to check it out, here are some things that could, and have, happened in the past. You get a single picture of something approaching, but you cannot really make out the details, either due to motion blur, distance, or a crappy camera. Then you get a picture of just hair, or a blob, because whatever it is has gotten right on top of the camera. There are quite a few examples of this, where one just sees shaggy hair, in one instance it looked like it was hanging off of a forearm, but suffice it to say that these images are not "proof" of bigfoot.

So that is another reason a live person must be there. Skeptics are always claiming there is no evidence for bigfoot, and how they want to see a "clear" image, yada yada. Yet there are hundreds of examples of bigfoot on film or in a picture, yet every single one of them is dismissed as being a hoax. So what skeptics should say is this..."Don't bother capturing visual evidence, because no matter what you get, it will not be enough." In fact, it is probably pointless to attempt to capture such evidence, if your intention is to prove the existence of these animals to the world.

And something we see among the bigfoot community is exactly that attitude. These people know better than most just what the reactions of the public are going to be, and because of that, they keep their evidence to themselves. They have proven the existence of these animals to themselves, and that is what they are content with. And I don't blame them really, because I too have seen the reactions of skeptics and non-believers, even when you present really good visual evidence. That is really all the majority of people can do. They aren't going to just stumble upon a bigfoot they can capture, and the majority of people are not in a position to shoot one, and if they were, they likely wouldn't pull the trigger. I've seen one, and it is hard to imagine shooting it, simply because it is so humanlike. You aren't thinking of it as an animal similar to all the other animals in the forest. Even if you think you would see it that way, once you see one in person, I bet you change your mind.

And finding a dead bigfoot is just as hard as finding a dead bear. It just doesn't happen very often. In fact, the majority of people don't even see live bears in the wilderness, and the bear population is multiple times that of the sasquatch population, or that is a logical conclusion at least. Anyway, I could go on talking about all the points relating to bigfoot for hours and hours. There are better arguments and examples I could use in some instances, and I would have liked to elaborate on many of the claims I made in this post, but it is taxing and hard to do. But honestly I have spent a lot of time thinking about sasquatch and how they survive, and why things have worked out the way that they have, and I can assure you that every single claim I've made has had much thought put into it. Although sometimes a conclusion is hard to reach, and it comes down to guessing, but sometimes this isn't the case, because there are only so many possibilities, and only so many of those that make much sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join