It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Art of The Troll - Part II

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Now I've got egg on my face!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheMirror

The problem with forums is this:

There always new idiot people who want to use the broken bridge.

With that said, I rather be the person who jester around, throwing eggs at passerby, they thought I'm making fun of them, but in reality, I'm saying "dont tread on that path, you idiot". Telling them directly is useless, they already made up their mind, they believe they are on right path.

Usually because they are idiot, they dont even get why I throw eggs and when they fall, they cant remember or link to the egg throwing at all. They just call me "another troll".

I rather be "another troll" than become "another idiot".

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Indeed! Merely mentioning the fictional fantasies of opposite options.

The decaying bridge has value in and of itself while simultaneously increasing the value of the sturdy bridge.

Thus proper is always entirely dependent upon expectation... and that's the question the thread was offering to explore.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Les Mis,
this is a brilliant and important thread.
It's a shame that good writers with new ideas are sequestered, or sand-boxed, when their thoughts go against the grain.
All hail James Joyce!

I hope one day to be as erudite as that. Haven't broken through yet, though.
This forum in particular is one of my favorites on here - I only wish I could add something worthwhile.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

ErgoTheMirror

Itisnowagain
Is there a proper way to troll someone?

The people were very grateful for the bridges and though they did not like paying a fee for doing something they used to do for free.

edit on 9-3-2014 by ErgoTheMirror because: :eers:

Maybe you were not charging enough to maintain your analogy.

ErgoTheMirror

The decaying bridge has value in and of itself while simultaneously increasing the value of the sturdy bridge.
Thus proper is always entirely dependent upon expectation... and that's the question the thread was offering to explore.

The thread proposed a list of LM's ideas of what "trolls" are then proposed LM's rules and principles for his idea of trolls(that LM himself may not follow).
The decaying bridge may have value to the other troll's pocket put none to the users as they use to cross for free and not get mugged and harmed by trolls.

edit on 9-3-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

I hope one day to be as erudite as that.

A keen knowledge of The Trivium, a lost aspect of education, is very helpful. A little study into the workings of language and thought allow erudition to foster.

A good technique for developing a voice is to first emulate the voices of others until your own begins to take form. Find some authors you like and type out word for word their writing for practice. It's like learning music theory. Over time the underlying rhythm of their prose will become a part of your own.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

The thread proposed a list of LM's ideas of what "trolls" are then proposed LM's rules and principles for his idea of trolls(that LM himself may not follow).

They were only suggested principles. No one on earth strictly adheres to principles.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

You should write books. You're very articulate.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

LesMisanthrope
reply to post by BDBinc

They were only suggested principles. No one on earth strictly adheres to principles.

If no one on earth strictly adheres to principles( least of all the troll obsessed with propagating his own opinion as sacred) why do you suggest principles you yourself may not follow ?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

If no one on earth strictly adheres to principles( least of all the troll obsessed with propagating his own opinion as sacred) why do you suggest principles you yourself may not follow ?

You could probably ask yourself the same question and get the same answer.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

LesMisanthrope
reply to post by BDBinc

You could probably ask yourself the same question and get the same answer.

I am asking you why in your thread why you suggested rules/principles you don't subscribe to yourself ?
I didn't write the thread so asking me why you did what you did makes no sense (unless you want me to tell you why you suggest rules for others to follow).

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have been on the internet since AOL was run from a Garage.

Trolls in the day were hackers that entered forums and started trouble. If you got into it with them they would hack into your Windows 95 and crash your computer.

From that point the term became a stereotype applicable to any person who disagreed with another who firmly believed that what he or she thought was absolute.

By-polar types.

Any thoughts?
edit on 9-3-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Bahah! Your bait is blatant butchery you barbarian. You propose the point when the triplet was true. The hook too rusty to hold... any analysis avoids your silly snare.

BDBinc
The decaying bridge may have value to the other troll's pocket put none to the users as they use to cross for free and not get mugged and harmed by trolls.

Personal and poignant. Interesting insight indeed. Seems the fool is me for believing thee can read.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

ErgoTheMirror
Seems the fool is me for believing thee can read.

If the label fits.

(After stage- right -dramatic exits ) I hear its all the rage for vain fools obsessed with flowery words to create multiple aliases in order to provide themselves with support( and give themselves a star).

edit on 10-3-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I find myself at a crossroad... I really don't think the internet troll is what people put him to be. I believe a true troll is only there for one purpose.

To pop peoples reality bubbles, to yank people out of their safety nets they so put up all the time in order to feel safe.

I find the majority of people on the internet come to find something they don't have in real life. This is A O K, the problem comes from becoming dependent on the internet.

Think of all the facebook, twitter, myspace, tumbler, google plus and ect... people that you know that have an alter ego about who they are...

Or the need to express themselves to constantly receive attention... It truly is unhealthy if you really think about it. I believe when a troll can be sarcastic or put some one in his/her place, I think in the long run it is for the betterment of mankind.

No offense to anyone, but everyone here knows someone who is to self absorbed, egotistical, internet dependent that they need a good kick in the bum to break them out of their fall sense of internet security and back into the real world.

My own opinion.... The world needs predators as well as prey, it's the cycle of life that is keeps a system balanced. The same goes for the internet.

PS I don't agree with cyber bullying, Like I said, a true troll.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

ErgoTheMirror
Seems the fool is me for believing thee can read.

BDBinc
If the label fits.

Oh wait! I know this one... gimme a sec... it'll come to me... hang on... got it!

Your mom fits.

BDBinc
I hear its all the rage for vain fools obsessed with flowery words...

Flowery? Pish posh... what I've written is so offal it makes me
and
!

Vain? Well... for the moment at least... I exist, think, and create. How badass is that? Star for you!

BDBinc
...to create multiple aliases in order to provide themselves with support( and give themselves a star).

I stand naked before all of existence and state truthfully... I do not do that.

Thank you for such a generous offer to increase my ability to die with a clear conscience.
/hug and another star for you!

Unless of course you count yourself as myself... which would mean we're just one big giant self referential star factory.
edit on 10-3-2014 by ErgoTheMirror because:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I am asking you why in your thread why you suggested rules/principles you don't subscribe to yourself ?

To be fair, I never suggested a principle that principles should be followed.

I didn't write the thread so asking me why you did what you did makes no sense (unless you want me to tell you why you suggest rules for others to follow).

Don't worry, I would never mistake you for writing a thread. If I somehow implied otherwise I apologize. I would rather have you stay here bumping my threads, hanging on my every word, rather than the other way around.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

i hate that stupid face, op.

i will read this later. maybe.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Some of the best comedy I have seen has come from trolled threads...people are too flipping stuck up, switch off the computer and breathe some fresh air

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

LesMisanthrope
I never suggested a principle that principles should be followed.

More word play.
Then I suggest you don't suggest principles you wouldn't follow.
For thats verbage the work of a bridge troll (not a master troll) .

edit on 10-3-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join