It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel cuts off water supply to 45,000 Palestinians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Why do all these other countries get a free pass on editorial comments where Israel seems to always have a negative post running about them.
reply to post by Xtrozero

Though other countries use the occupation to their own ends....it is Israel and Israel alone the continues the illegal military occupation of East Jeruslaem, the West Bank and Gaza. None of these Arab countries has any say in whether Israel will continue the occupation or not. Even International Law and pressure from various non-Arab states has been unsuccessful in forcing the Israelis to end this.

To Israel, the Palestine are nothing more than a weapon being used against them, and until that changes I would not expect much humanitarianism from the Jews.

To Israel...the Palestinians are an obstruction to the creation of the greater Israel that the Zionists wish to create. You need to realize that the Palestinians have no military...they pose no strategic threat to Israel at all, nor do they even pose a threat to Israels continued existence. The Israelis hold all the power over the Palestinians....not the other way around.

Of all the people in the world, the Jews should be most mindful of treating others with equality and compassion.

I suspect that if these peace talks fail...which the Israelis seem bent on having happen....the International community will force them to through sanctions and divestment. Abbas is the most moderate partner in these negotiations the Israelis are ever likely to get. The time to end this is now. It simply cannot continue for another 65 years.

edit on 8-3-2014 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

more importantly there has never been one thread about how good it is to live in palistien
unless it was written by a zionist

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

more importantly there has never been one thread about how good it is to live in palistien
unless it was written by a zionist
reply to post by Danbones

Excellent point. I don't even think that the most ardent Zionist could say that the Palestinians have it good. If you ever get the chance and you're in Israel...try and go to the West Bank..if the Israelis allow it that is....the difference between the way Israelis live and the way Palestinians live is shocking by contrast.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

deadcalm

Though other countries use the occupation to their own ends....it is Israel and Israel alone the continues the illegal military occupation of East Jeruslaem, the West Bank and Gaza. None of these Arab countries has any say in whether Israel will continue the occupation or not. Even International Law and pressure from various non-Arab states has been unsuccessful in forcing the Israelis to end this.

What makes it an illegal occupation? Last time I look that land was Jordan and they lost it in the war against Israel. Sucks to be the loser, but to say it is an illegal occupation would be like saying Texas is one too against Mexico.

To Israel...the Palestinians are an obstruction to the creation of the greater Israel that the Zionists wish to create. You need to realize that the Palestinians have no military...they pose no strategic threat to Israel at all, nor do they even pose a threat to Israels continued existence. The Israelis hold all the power over the Palestinians....not the other way around.

They are still a weapon used against Israel and so Israel will always view them as one.

Of all the people in the world, the Jews should be most mindful of treating others with equality and compassion.

It is funny how the Jews, Christians, Palestinians and Muslins can all live in Israel peacefully together, but for some reason the Jews hate the people in the West Bank.... Maybe if the West Bank didn't want to become some dinky little country and embraced Israel we would not have any issue there.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yep the west bank should suck up to Israel so their kids can get a drink of water.........

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What makes it an illegal occupation?
reply to post by Xtrozero

This....

The International Court of Justice,[2] the UN General Assembly[3] and the United Nations Security Council regards Israel as the "Occupying Power".

and this...

The Israeli High Court of Justice has ruled that Israel holds the West Bank under "belligerent occupation".[7] According to Talia Sasson, the High Court of Justice in Israel, with a variety of different justices sitting, has repeatedly stated for more than 4 decades that Israel’s presence in the West Bank is in violation of international law.[8]

and this.....

The first use of the term 'territories occupied' was in United Nations Security Council Resolution 242 following the Six-Day War in 1967, which called for "the establishment of a just and lasting peace in the Middle East" to be achieved by "the application of both the following principles: ... Withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied in the recent conflict ... Termination of all claims or states of belligerency" and respect for the right of every state in the area to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries

Should I keep quoting International Law or have I made my point?

here's one more for your consideration...

Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem in 1980 (see Jerusalem Law) and the Golan Heights in 1981 (see Golan Heights Law) has not been recognised by any other country

Source

So...it would seem that everyone, including the Israeli High Court, see the occupation as ILLEGAL.

They are still a weapon used against Israel and so Israel will always view them as one.

The collective punishment of an entire population is ALSO illegal under International Law, and considered a War Crime and Crime against humanity. As I've stated elsewhere in this thread...if these peace talks fail...the International community will FORCE Israel to end this....even the US has clearly stated that they will not be able to shield the Israelis from this....so if for no other reason than their own economic well being....this has to end. Abbas is the most moderate patner Israel has EVER had and is likely to have....if not now....when?

It is funny how the Jews, Christians, Palestinians and Muslins can all live in Israel peacefully together,

Jews are pre-eminent in Israel. All of the rest live as second class citizens. Hence...The JEWISH State of Israel.

Maybe if the West Bank didn't want to become some dinky little country and embraced Israel we would not have any issue there.

The Palestinians should have the same right to their own nation as did the Jews in 48. The Palestinians should have the same right to self determination as Israel enjoys.....as for the one state solution.....IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Israel simply cannot allow this if they wish to remain the "Jewish State". It would change the demographics over-night and Jews would be a minority. The 2 state solution will never happen either....Israel simply stands everything to gain and nothing to loose if the occupation continues indefinitely.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Zionists are doing to the Palestinians what the Nazis did to the Jews.......Coincidence?

Let the whole world witness the continuation of Hitlers political ideology.

Human Rights fail

edit on 8-3-2014 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
One Israeli soldier said about the Palestinians on TV ,''They are animals ,dogs, and if you ask my Commander he will say the same thing ". In World War 2 both sides bombed innocent civilians and cities,so who was worse ?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Xtrozero

It is funny how the Jews, Christians, Palestinians and Muslins can all live in Israel peacefully together, but for some reason the Jews hate the people in the West Bank.... Maybe if the West Bank didn't want to become some dinky little country and embraced Israel we would not have any issue there.

Writing such ignorant ideas on ATS should not be permitted.
Really feeling like throwing up right after reading this, you will probably be proud. Keep banging the zionist drum, it saves the rest of us the effort of singling you out.
Sadly USrael would not let anything bad happen to its friends, or, things may be changing? linky. Nah most likely more smoke and mirrors.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

One Israeli soldier said about the Palestinians on TV ,''They are animals ,dogs, and if you ask my Commander he will say the same thing "
reply to post by wombatta

You bring up a very important point here by citing this quote....and that is the mindset that created the present Israeli State. It also brings to light the complete contempt that certainly the Zionists, and a large percentage of the population of modern Israel has toward the Palestinians. But it has always been this way....the theft of land from the Palestinians has always been the goal of the Zionists....right from the very inception of Israel.

Here are a few well known quotes that speak to this mindset...from the first Prime Minister of Israel himself...a coordinated effort that continues to this day....the recent cutting off of water to 45k Palestinians is just a continuation of this long worked towards goal of stealing land and forcing Palestinians off their land...by deadly force when necessary.

"We must expel Arabs and take their places."
-- David Ben Gurion, 1937, Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985.

"There has been Anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?"
-- Quoted by Nahum Goldmann in Le Paraddoxe Juif (The Jewish Paradox), pp. 121-122.

Moshe Dayan

"Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population."
-- Moshe Dayan, April 1969, Ha'aretz; quoted in Edward Said, 'Zionism from the Standpoint of Its Victims', Social Text, Volume 1, 1979, 7-58.

Yizhak Shamir
Prime Minister of Israel
1983 - 1984,
1986 - 1992

"(The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls."
-- Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) Yitzhak Shamir in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988

Let us not forget the present PM of Israel....Bibi Netanyahu

"Israel should have exploited the repression of the demonstrations in China, when world attention focused on that country, to carry out mass expulsions among the Arabs of the territories."
-- Benyamin Netanyahu, then Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister, former Prime Minister of Israel, speaking to students at Bar Ilan University, from the Israeli journal Hotam, November 24, 1989.

Source

The Israelis never had any intention to deal fairly with the Palestinians.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

stirling
You certainly have that right Tenth.....
The Israelis are the "New Nazis"
Their treatment of the Palestinians is no less horrifying that the Hollocaust of the Jews.....
What goes around comes around I guess....but it makes me want to puke......

How does he have it right, on one hand...and you act like he would agree that the "Israelis are the New Nazis" on the other. "Hey Spot...what cha wanna do today Spot".

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Those Foul People (Israeli Leadership). I hope someday they get what is coming to them, I'm sick of this.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

This is why I am against religion in the first place, all this hatred, all this suffering Is all because of religious beliefs.

I feel for those that are suffering with out water, 20 Days with water is sick. Correct me if I am wrong but dont religions preach love and peace??

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

This is why I am against religion in the first place,
reply to post by snypwsd

Religion...per se, is not the problem. Religion is being used as justification, an excuse if you will for the real game here....which is the aquisition of land and resources....and of course the expulsion of the indigenous population from their homes and land. The crazy assertion by Jews that they are "gods chosen people" by inference means that all others ARE NOT, and therefore they can justify any attrocity because of that.

I feel for those that are suffering with out water, 20 Days with water is sick.

So do I...which is why I posted this thread. It is not only morally reprehensible....but its yet another International Law broken. We cannot allow the Israelis to continue treating the Palestinians in this way.

Sanctions and divestment are the only path I see forward if these peace talks fail.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That's the real issue, isn't it? Israel treats the Palestinians like scum, like second class citizens. Israel flourishes while the Palestinians are mired in poverty. This is the issue. This isn't to bash Israel or the Jewish people. It just is. America doesn't help matters. Don't all people deserve equal rights and liberty?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That's ok the US cut off water to it's own citizen farmers.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Xtrozero

LittleByLittle
Since there is a Sunni/Arabs against Shiia/Persians going on right now for instance in Syria, why would Persian Shiias help Arabic Sunnis that will probably will be opposed them in the future. It is not Lebanon that has a large Shiite population. If you are looking for a country that have the same religion then you should look at Saudi Arabia instead. But they have no real interest in helping since the conflict is a good distraction to keep the population in Saudi Arabia from internal conflict along with the money pouring down from House of Saud.

I guess my point is no Arab country has any interest and some want to purposely keep them in a refugee state, so why not Israel too. Why do all these other countries get a free pass on editorial comments where Israel seems to always have a negative post running about them.

To Israel, the Palestine are nothing more than a weapon being used against them, and until that changes I would not expect much humanitarianism from the Jews.

edit on 8-3-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

Because Israel is breaking international law by annexing land that doesn't belong to them. These other nations you are talking about isn't trying to annex Palestinian land.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

snypwsd

This is why I am against religion in the first place, all this hatred, all this suffering Is all because of religious beliefs.

I feel for those that are suffering with out water, 20 Days with water is sick. Correct me if I am wrong but dont religions preach love and peace??

Religion isn't causing this Zionism is what causing these problems. Zionism is an extremist political ideology really no different than the Muslims who strap on bombs and blow up innocent people the Zionist however use jets and artillery to target innocent people.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

The governments of both Israel and Palestine are filled with war criminals and human rights abusers.

Nothing will change until these two factions are removed and replaced with people, as opposed to monsters.

~Tenth

You are correct in that the governments of both, Israel and Palestine, are filled with such individuals. With that said though, i do not think that the removal of these individuals would lead to the changes you are looking for.

The Israeli population, overall, supports their government and representatives in a lot of these actions against not only the Palestinians, but other foreigners and asylum seekers as well. I know the following video is not representative of each and every person in Israel, but damn, it gives you a good insight into their crowd mentality, and how things work over there.

In addition, i do not think the Palestinians would automatically become accepting of the Israelis either....both sides have been exposed to their respective ideologies for a long time, and i don't see these problems changing any time soon - even if the governments were to change.

edit on 8-3-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Xtrozero

deadcalm

What makes it an illegal occupation? Last time I look that land was Jordan and they lost it in the war against Israel. Sucks to be the loser, but to say it is an illegal occupation would be like saying Texas is one too against Mexico.

Annexing land by force is against international law that's fact. So this they won so they can keep the land is BS.

The Jews, Christians, Palestinians and Muslins can all live in Israel peacefully together and was living together peacefully until the Zionist moved in and made everyone that wasn't a Zionist a second class citizen. People always says everyone has equal rights in Israel but that simply isn't true. What chance does a Christian or Muslim of winning the office of president or prime minister? None

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join