It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does conservatism survive the death of religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by xuenchen

Actually the decline in religion IMHO is due to science disproving the literal truth of the religious texts. That's why u went agnostic. Then atheist.... I think that's the reason most have turned away from the faiths.

Again, it's all the fanatical talking points of the ultra-Left.

The majority of Americans (73%) identify themselves as Christians and about 20% have no religious affiliation.[2] According to the American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) (2008) 76% of the American adult population identified themselves as Christians, with 51% professing attendance at a variety of churches that could be considered Protestant or unaffiliated, and 25% professing Catholic beliefs.

Religion in the United States

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
"One Nation under God"

"In God We Trust"

Of course these 1 World Government - 1 World Currency - 1 World Religion pieces of garbage Satanist's are spouting this crap...cause God gave the devil dominion over the earth until he returns.

Disgusting - I am not even that religious but do know there is a god and when you start spouting this crap know your with the other side and your time is short - 666 let's get to it!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The Big Bang theory, the age of the earth, and the fact that the earth wasn't made before the sun and stars have nothing to do with left or right. I agree that once I realized religion was BS it adds to my dislike of conservatives... Or in your opinion were the dinosaurs a trick from the devil and George soros to confuse us LMAO!!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Your not even that religious and you believe the devil is real evil in the world.... Doubtful. You might not live your life according to your beliefs. But your beliefs are VERY religious.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Your poll was done by a religious organization..... Obviously questionable at best.... Even ifyour stats are true, and I doubt it. Most of that 73% are from the baby boomer generation. The biggest generation in history. They area like 60 now and the vast majority won't last 20 years. Of my generation. Most of the people that call themselves Christian but don't actually believe most of it. Most of the people I know in my generation are agnostic. Which with no organizational tenents might as well not be considered a religion.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
my av kind of disproves several religious tenets
no right or left
just a 360 degree circle

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hold on... who says people vote GOP based on religion alone? And what does religion even have to do with Republicans? If you want to live Godless, have at it. That doesn't mean you need to be a Democrat. How about you simply vote for the best candidate without worrying about which party they belong to? Is that really so hard to do?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by simsumre

But it's funny that like 90% are religious

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
There is a difference between being a political conservative and a religious conservative.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

Obviously, u don't know the deference between the right and left, it would be a waste of breath to deprogram u.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by amfirst1

You mean the bs talking point where the GOP is really the party of civil rights? The talking points where they forget about strom Thurman and the other southern Dixie crats that left the dems over there backing of civil rights act. Maybe the fact that the south swapped voting for dems in 1964. 1964 was the year the dems got the civil rights act. Your right tho. Obviously I should look into the differences between right and left.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Conservatives should be embracing libertarianism. It has always been a dumb policy for them to rely entirely on religion. Liberals are so slippery precisely because they have so many issues to appeal to. Don't care about racism? OK, what about sexism or gay rights or the environment? Conservatives have always been boxing themselves in by going straight to religion for everything.

The thing is that liberals always eventually try to destroy people's rights with their supposed advocacy for various groups. What is needed is someone who opposes them strictly on the principle that you don't have any business censoring people to try and get rid of hate, for example.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

1. Educated ignorance pretending to be erudition and wisdom is pathetic to watch.

2. We were DESIGNED to worship. Everyone worships something and/or someone. Everyone.

3. Every culture and people group have a religion--activities, beliefs and customs around ultimate issues and questions.

4. The oligarchy that has so diligently worked for sooo many decades to use atheism as a destructive affront to Christianity [primarily] is not about to allow the masses to go without a religion. That's not the goal.

5. The goal is to REQUIRE, UNDER PAIN OF DEATH for refusal, the worship of the world ruler, the literal satan incarnate.

6. Disbelief in that fact will NOT hinder its arrival on the world stage a gnat's fart's worth.

7. The oligarchy appears to be setting up Islam and Christianity to mostly exterminate each other. Another possible scenario is to facilitate Islam exterminating the other religions and then helping Islam morph the slight distance into more overt satan worship.

8. Well before 2050, all atheists will have been removed from the planet one way or another. The whole notion will have become absurdly laughable.

9. Those addicted to other fantasies and conjectures are welcome to enjoy them while they can . . . and to experience the predictable results accordingly.

10. Conservatism is merely a focus on and belief in fundamentally practical and true facts about fundamentally constructive aspects of culture, society, life and cosmology.

11. Regressives ['progressives' in the MSM propaganda] harken back to Babylonian values, customs, demon worship, practices, habits, memes and pretend it's "progressive." What a stinking pile of cluelessness.

12. Regressives are merely the most gullible, compliant, uninformed, lacking in critical thinking, rebellious, hostile, ATTACHMENT DISORDERED, . . . tools of the globalist oligarchy that the best brainwashing money could buy could cobble together so skillfully the past 60+ years.

edit on 31/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: forgot part

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join