It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Harbors in America...7000 years old, history rewritten, atlantis everywhere?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So in a nutshell, this is a theory of everything and it's all Atlantis.

Going by Plato's description of Atlantis, the sites listed in this thread bear far greater differences than any perceived similarities. what you have are sites showing human activity being lumped into a 'grand unification theory of everything is Atlantis.'

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
the piers in tiahuanaco
yeah there are none

Lying close to Lake Titicaca, these ruins lie at approximately 13,000 feet above sea level. It appears certain that it was once a seaport. It still has the ruins of extensive docks lying on an earlier shoreline. In Tiwanaku's heyday, one of these docks could have accommodated hundreds of sea-going vessels!

There is evidence that Titicaca was once a saltwater sea. Its shoreline is littered with millions of fossilized seashells. The marine fishes and seahorses in the lake are all oceanic types found only in salt water.

Researchers are convinced that these 3 miles high ruins once lay at sea level. Therefore, an incredibly devastating earthquake could have torn the city asunder, lifting Tiwanaku and the lake to where they are now. How can this be proven? The answer lies in the name of Lake Titicaca itself-linguistic proof no one can deny and in two of the most ancient languages in the world: Sanskrit and Tamil. The word Titicaca has no meaning any of the Andean languages.

In Sanskrit, the word GaGga, (GAHG-gah) means "river," but not just any river. It means a river as sacred as or related to the Ganges.

In Tamil, it is KaGkai (KAHG-ky), meaning the same as the above.

In Sanskrit, Diti was the wife of the god Kasyapa (sea tortoise). Titi is the Tamil equivalent. Therefore, Titikagkai=Ditigagga=Titicaca.

What was Titicaca at one time? Has it always been just a freshwater lake with saltwater fauna? Or was it a great and sacred river flowing at nearly sea level, and leading to the sea?

Tiwanaku appears to derive from Sanskrit: Diva (heaven; sky) plus Naka (mountain). Its original name also could have been Deva (heavenly; deity; god) plus Naga (serpent). The word Tiwa could also have derived from the ancient Siberian-Turkic nation of Tannu-Tiva, a.k.a. Tannu-Tuva (the biblical Tubal). Even there, Tiva, Teva, or Tuva referred to the sun or the sky.
viewzone.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

i guess it depends on what your definition of the question mark in the title is

we are examining all these sites and at this point in the thread we are focusing on a harbour in america that is 20,000 to 10,000 years old
it has canals it is in the right time frame for atlantis atl an tis...

since i only need one to make my point

what was platos date again?

if hi and dry instead of sunken bothers you well stay tuned you never know...
there has been some surprises already

and if you miss the significance of the working celtic cross and how it fits into all this
there is no value for you here

also...civilization occurs over time ( look at mesopotamia )and the legend of atlantis had multiple disasters
sorry BM, i thought that was common knowledge
edit on Monam3b20143America/Chicago22 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
hopefully we are going to tie linguistics and archeology and myth in to the dna

Who Brought The Mayans To Mexico?
or
Were the ancient Turks, Akkads (Sumerians) and Dravidians (Tamils) the parents of Mexico and Meso-America?

viewzone2.com...

ABOUT WHO THE PHOENICIANS REALLY WERE.
Before continuing with this article, I must clarify who the Phoenicians really were. I first learned about these people who settled the earth, about whom modern man knows nearly nothing, from the 19th century British Orientalist George Rawlinsonís book, Phoenicia. He was considered as the leading authority on these hardy mariners.

But even he was off base. He said that the Phoenicians had no definite homeland but occupied trading ports all over the Middle East. In the Western hemisphere, they were called Puni but did not usually answer to that name. Furthermore, he said they were a Mediterranean people. Yet, in studying Hindu history, I discovered that they also existed in Central Asia and India. But there, they were called Pani. Not even in India did they call themselves Pani.

In his brief but enlightening little book, The Rig Veda ñ a History, Bengali historian, Rajeswar Gupta, stated: ìÖin ancient times the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea were connected together by a strait through which the Phoenicians and Aryan trading ships entered the MediterraneanÖAs that passage silted up the connection between India and Europe broke off.î (p. 4.)

Had Professor Gupta been more acquainted with the Turkish-related nations in Central Asia, he would híve realized that the Phoenicians and Aryans were the same people. The Phoenicians in the Middle East eventually lost their awareness of being Dravidians, separating themselves in many small city coastal states

edit on Monam3b20143America/Chicago54 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Plato's date for Atlantis was 9,000 years before Solon, ergo 9600 B.C., when Atlantis waged a war against Egypt and Athens. He also gave a lengthy description of it's founding and the size of it's land, which precludes sites in the Americas. Since his dates require the impossible, i.e. Athens existing in 9600 B.C., then you are left with one conclusion, his story is false. If you are willing to concede his dates are wrong, and that Atlantis existed when Athens existed, then your sites in America are out of the loop. And if his dates are wrong, it beggers the question what else is wrong in his description of Atlantis?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

your link defines the projectile points found in one part of the area to be from the early archaeic which they say is from 10,000 bc on
thanks Harte
that probably isn't what you intended me to find there is it?

now back to the piers

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Blackmarketeer

Plato's date for Atlantis was 9,000 years before Solon, ergo 9600 B.C., when Atlantis waged a war against Egypt and Athens. He also gave a lengthy description of it's founding and the size of it's land, which precludes sites in the Americas. Since his dates require the impossible, i.e. Athens existing in 9600 B.C., then you are left with one conclusion, his story is false. If you are willing to concede his dates are wrong, and that Atlantis existed when Athens existed, then your sites in America are out of the loop. And if his dates are wrong, it beggers the question what else is wrong in his description of Atlantis?

the greeks said they fought the battle of troy too for Helen...lol
now we know troy is in britain and it was the phonecians not the greeks
even schlieman on his death bed was supposed to have admitted that he was on the wrong depth to be troy

so like plato had part of the story of troy correct, he did like many ahem modern cultures do
he made his people the chosen people of his...story
( like our lord AMEN a carved name for the first pharoah who is actually menes and not even simitic at all
or his father sargon the great whos carved name includes the reeds and the basket because he is the prototype for moses
or even the babylonian arc tablet i posted...babylonian not semitic again
plato was no different...no free lunch for him unless he engaged his nationalist audience

and look at the british empire.....quite a lee way indates and size and peoples there eh?
spans quite a few years too doesn't it
7500 years conservatively
what, we can't call it british history?

ill repost though just for you

VISIT THE REAL
TROJAN BATTLEFIELD

Troy and the Trojan War location has been found and the battlefield completely reconstructed from the scattered but very detailed information given in Homer's Iliad.

Troy in England, however unbelievable, is fully explained in this amazing work which provides in depth information and evidence of all kinds including geographic and linguistic evidence as well as countless archaeological finds.

The war was not waged by Greeks and not caused by the abduction of Helen. The real reason was access to tin in Britain, a precious metal which was essential for the production of bronze, a key war material of the time.

During the second millennium BC, it was the custom of illiterate Sea Peoples migrating from western Europe to verbally pass on history, that's how the tales of the greatest war of prehistory, the Trojan War was first recorded.

Previously, Hissarlik in Turkey was thought to be the location of Troy, but no traces of the Trojan war have been found near there.

You will discover this work clearly demonstrates that the Iliad, however poetic, is based on real historical events in Bronze Age Western Europe.

For the first time, readers of the Iliad and Trojan history can follow the action in the field.

www.troy-in-england.co.uk...
all the evidence appears to be there and it is not greek...
guess you missed the babylonian ark tablet...looks like the greek binle was wrong about that too
edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago48 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago14 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago29 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago40 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago39 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago03 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Plato wrote nothing on Troy, that would be Homer, and since when is Troy in Britain...? The only thing Schliemann ever conceded was that the archeological site "Troy VI" was likely the city identified with Homer's Iliad (pertaining to the ruins of the citadel at Hisarlık). It showed the signs of having been destroyed by war. Trying to relocate Troy to Britain is pure fantasy.

Like I said, this theory is all over the map.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

yes i posted homer and troy and plato and atlantis when i originally posted the link to british troy
point being obviously an illustration of how stories are actually borrowed
natioalized
while still having some correct facts...
and troy in britian, since you have no clue what they have for evidence while judging it fantasy is
well...haha...laughable

edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago47 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

However, he had very questionable character, as he frequently hyperbolized and exaggerated his findings and life events to the point that his life became somewhat of a mystery. It was hard to tell “fact from fiction in Schliemann’s life” and he even admits himself that his biggest fault was that he was “a braggart and a bluffer” (Wood, 1998, 59). He more often that not managed to tarnish what should have been an impressive and magnificent discovery by either causing destruction to the site and ruining the integrity of it or receiving much more credit than he deserved and refusing to give others credit.

www.termpaperwarehouse.com...

edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago05 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

and yes i did typo plato and troy in my reply if you were reading the thread you would have seen it correctly put in the original post...
but you missed the question mark in the op and some other points too so
don't hold it against me
edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago26 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Fascinating post. I unfortunately have nothing to add that's not already been said. And having said that, i've learnt a lot from reading it. So i can't have had much to say anyway!! Haha.

Great read, and great comments! Thanks

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Atlantis (Ancient Greek: Ἀτλαντὶς νῆσος, "island of Atlas") is a fictional island first mentioned in Plato's dialogues Timaeus and Critias, written in c. 360 BC. In Plato's story, Atlantis represents the antagonist naval power that, despite ruling many parts of Western Europe and Northern Africa, suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of “Ancient Athens”, the pseudo-historic embodiment of the Plato's ideal state (see The Republic).[1][2] The tale, one of many such stories in Plato's work,[3] serves as an allegory for a nation's fate due to hubris.

pseudo historic...guess they figure plato's version...suspect
en.wikipedia.org...

adapted like the story of troy
edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago23 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Danbones
now im gonna spin some heads

all thanks go to some really good research on the part of all the people who I'm referencing on this thread
they deserve all the credit...and all the stars and flags too

they did some great work, and as we go you will see how it fits together like peruvian block werk
so I hope you will BEAR with me while we do some real discovering

and you all know i love to learn and to argue...so either way bring it
hopefully it will all benefit the thread

or
Were the ancient Turks, Akkads (Sumerians) and Dravidians (Tamils) the parents of Mexico and Meso-America?

...ABOUT WHO THE PHOENICIANS REALLY WERE.
Before continuing with this article, I must clarify who the Phoenicians really were. I first learned about these people who settled the earth, about whom modern man knows nearly nothing, from the 19th century British Orientalist George Rawlinsonís book, Phoenicia. He was considered as the leading authority on these hardy mariners. But even he was off base. He said that the Phoenicians had no definite homeland but occupied trading ports all over the Middle East. In the Western hemisphere, they were called Puni but did not usually answer to that name. Furthermore, he said they were a Mediterranean people. Yet, in studying Hindu history, I discovered that they also existed in Central Asia and India. But there, they were called Pani. Not even in India did they call themselves Pani.

In his brief but enlightening little book, The Rig Veda ñ a History, Bengali historian, Rajeswar Gupta, stated: ìÖin ancient times the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea were connected together by a strait through which the Phoenicians and Aryan trading ships entered the MediterraneanÖAs that passage silted up the connection between India and Europe broke off.î (p. 4.)

Had Professor Gupta been more acquainted with the Turkish-related nations in Central Asia, he wouldíve realized that the Phoenicians and Aryans were the same people. The Phoenicians in the Middle East eventually lost their awareness of being Dravidians, separating themselves in many small city coastal states.

viewzone2.com...

now i am going to vary from the flood till know because this was an ongoing story from then till now
before the sumerians about 5000 3000 bc there was someone else sailing around...
we will be looking for them too

but just proving the cross and the phonecians is enough to change history as it is commonly thought of

www.azores-pyramid.org... Follow that link, is about some strang formations under water near Azores islands, recently they have found a pyramid, it made the news for 2 days and then almost disapeared.... Since that part of the ocean floor as been studied before, it means people already new what was there, i also have to make reference that USA has a air force base in one of those Portuguese islands, maybe that was what contribute to the silence and the prohibition to explore that site.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Danbones
now im gonna spin some heads

all thanks go to some really good research on the part of all the people who I'm referencing on this thread
they deserve all the credit...and all the stars and flags too

they did some great work, and as we go you will see how it fits together like peruvian block werk
so I hope you will BEAR with me while we do some real discovering

and you all know i love to learn and to argue...so either way bring it
hopefully it will all benefit the thread

or

...ABOUT WHO THE PHOENICIANS REALLY WERE.
Before continuing with this article, I must clarify who the Phoenicians really were. I first learned about these people who settled the earth, about whom modern man knows nearly nothing, from the 19th century British Orientalist George Rawlinsonís book, Phoenicia. He was considered as the leading authority on these hardy mariners. But even he was off base. He said that the Phoenicians had no definite homeland but occupied trading ports all over the Middle East. In the Western hemisphere, they were called Puni but did not usually answer to that name. Furthermore, he said they were a Mediterranean people. Yet, in studying Hindu history, I discovered that they also existed in Central Asia and India. But there, they were called Pani. Not even in India did they call themselves Pani.

Had Professor Gupta been more acquainted with the Turkish-related nations in Central Asia, he wouldíve realized that the Phoenicians and Aryans were the same people. The Phoenicians in the Middle East eventually lost their awareness of being Dravidians, separating themselves in many small city coastal states.

viewzone2.com...

now i am going to vary from the flood till know because this was an ongoing story from then till now
before the sumerians about 5000 3000 bc there was someone else sailing around...
we will be looking for them too

but just proving the cross and the phonecians is enough to change history as it is commonly thought of

Great reading Dan. SNF

Then there are the stones that have the Ten Commandments cut into them, here in the USA.
They are possibly centuries old and located in Ohio and New Mexico.
godssecret.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

you don't need to limit yourself to the website. you can just go to any satellite map and zoom in practically anywhere along the coast and you can find these anomalous patterns not only in the marshes but also submerged. I'm not talking about well traveled areas that need to be maintained, I don't dispute they are dredged regularly and specifically due to Sandy more recently. You can go down to the Louisiana coast on the map and find miles long straight canals that are not maintained, never dredged yet they remain clear. Do a little searching on your own.... That's why I keep telling you the scale of this is unprecedented, it's much more ubiquitous than marinas and harbor inlets.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Don't mind me, you all can go back to all the arguing as this thread is pretty interesting and informative as I read to the end and had to come back to this part. I just wanted to post more vids of ice sheets really as its pretty cool, and some calvings like that first vid you posted is pretty impressive, at one point a giant ball of ice comes sticking back out the ocean and it looks like a giant submarine or some sort of giant whale surfacing for air for a minute, and considering the size its probably around a few skyscrapers godzilla big more so then a tiny whale.

I have been to the scab lands up here in the northwest, and you literally have to be there to believe it, but its hard to believe that it was all done by glaciers and floods, its like they literally scraped everything off the face that land, like some sort of giant plow which could be seen from space, plowing and scraping everything from hills to even small mountains out of there way, and when they all started to melt, well giant flood comes to mind not unlike the ones people always talk about in the bible.

If you go there now which I do every once in a while in the summer that I can go, its generally a few degrees hotter then it is some hours away drive away, once you drive up there its like you drove to another world, and many people go there to spend there summers, or camp and swim in its many man made, or none man made lakes. But given the scope of the landscape its amazing what a few degrees in warming or cooling can do, and this all was happening even long before the invention of the automobile and the constructs of society added to the retreating glaciers. Global warming and cooling has been happening even before man were in caves, and will continue with or without us. But to say were not contributing is not entirely correct as in an enclosed system of which our planet is, unless that is you think you can life on the moon or mars and even if you could that would just be creating another enclosed system, well generally in enclosed systems everything has an effect on everything else.

But can you imagine the sound of something like that? In those vids you posted you can hear the sound its like an earthquake a giant hollow groaning before it all comes apart, the sound the collapsing of that icesheets back then and the following flood must have been something to see and deafening to hear, not that if you were near or anywhere within 100 or so miles around it, that you would still be around to talk about it. Definitely no taking pictures or videos like the ones you linked, and if the following video is a close call, I would guess if you would have to be in next state over for it to be considered a close call.

So yes if there was a flood of biblical proportions, you can bet that all you would know about it or all that was passed on down is not a first hand account, because all those that saw it or were in the vicinity are not around anymore. It would be something along the lines of the game of telephone were the original message and what it is now are nothing alike, or that Celtic cross were it comes to mean something entirely else then it original means thought the ages. And on the dredging part it is the same thing, in landscapes and topography its pretty much the same thing. Hell most cities are just build over other cities, look at places like France or Britain, a lot of those places are literally just sitting on older cities.

edit on 7pmMondaypm102014f1pmMon, 10 Mar 2014 19:33:10 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Throwing in a Log .

About the Atlantis Thing .. around the new World

Cuban underwater city
en.wikipedia.org...

Cuban underwater city refers to a site thought by some to be a submerged granite complex structures off the coast of the Guanahacabibes peninsula in the Pinar del Río Province of Cuba

(BBC)
Friday, 7 December, 2001, 10:01 GMT
'Lost city' found beneath Cuban waters
news.bbc.co.uk...

New Underwater Finds Raise Questions About Flood Myths
Brian Handwerk
for National Geographic News
May 28, 2002
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Cuba's Sunken City Deep in the waters of Cabo de San Antonio, off Cuba's coast, researchers are exploring unusual formations of smooth blocks, crests, and geometric shapes. The Canadian exploration company that discovered the formations, Advanced Digital Communications, has suggested that they could be the buildings and monuments of an early, unknown American civilization. Many scientists are skeptical of any theory that might tempt people to draw a parallel with the fabled lost city of Atlantis. Geologist Manuel Iturralde, however, has stressed the need for an open mind while investigations of the site continue. "These are extremely peculiar structures, and they have captured our imagination," said Iturralde, who is director of research at Cuba's Natural History Museum. Iturralde has studied countless underwater formations over the years, but said, "If I had to explain this geologically, I would have a hard time." In his report on the formations, Iturralde noted that conclusive proof of man-made structures on the site could reinforce some oral traditions of the Maya and native Yucatecos. These people still retell ancient stories of an island inhabited by their ancestors that vanished beneath the waves. Iturralde makes it clear, however, that just because no natural explanation is immediately apparent, it doesn't rule one out. "Nature is able to create some really unimaginable structures," he said. Further research is scheduled to take place over the summer. Data thus far has been collected using sonar scans and video. The structures are buried under 1,900 to 2,500 feet (600 to 750 meters) of water.

(Sunday Reader Bowling Green Kentucky Daily News - Oct 27, 2002 )
Submerged Cuban Ruins may be Man made Experts Say
news.google.com...,3238772&dq=paul-weinzweig+advanced-digital-communications&hl=en

Underwater world: Man's doing or nature's?

Researchers come across mysterious shapes on the sea bottom just west of Cuba. Patterns suggest an ancient civilization.
www.sptimes.com...

Well Here it is ! A Defiantly Man Made Structure Not Natural as it Looks !

[Courtesy of ADC Corp.]
The shapes appear to be arranged in patterns, the scientists say. The images, made with sophisticated sonar, show an area about 100 by 200 meters. By DAVID BALLINGRUD, Times Staff Writer © St. Petersburg Times published November 17, 2002

and to Note!

Zelitsky and Weinzweig, officers in a Havana-based Canadian company called Advanced Digital Communication (ADC), believe they might have found the remnants of a lost civilization perhaps 6,000 years old. This site, perhaps built by a culture that far pre-dates the famous Maya of the Yucatan Peninsula, might have been the victim of a vast, mysterious cataclysm that somehow dropped it 2,000 feet beneath the surface of the sea.

www.sptimes.com...

Abstracting Atlantis: Scientists Find Evidence of Mayan Underwater City
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 10-3-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2014 by Wolfenz because: added site

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
lots of stars for those recent posts
the white graveyard in florida that the anthropologists dated to 5000 years ago makes it a little more likely that there are ruins around there at those dates then if the accepted date for habitation was 1000 years
I think that adds to the likelyhood

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Blackmarketeer

Like I said, this theory is all over the map.

so let's just keep it simple. forgotten civilization/s once lived on Earth. where'd they go? and if they didn't go anywhere where are they?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

he got it?
i wonder if he knows that?

as i said, its no different then any modern imperial nation.
Britian has a 7000 plus year history in all it's various forms

with remnants of civilization under water off its coats in the north sea where the old river channels are not silted in and are still visible...

a maritime nation based on the chronometer and the sextent, which does one or two jobs the celtic cross does, decent ships, "civilizing" the wogs, while using pressganged sailors, and ruling colonies all over the world, and the reaping of the profits there of

naw...too simple, it could never happen

i wonder if they be will be able to figure out how canary wharf was built in 3000 ad

edit on Tueam3b20143America/Chicago14 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Tueam3b20143America/Chicago33 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Tueam3b20143America/Chicago45 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Tueam3b20143America/Chicago40 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join