It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Harbors in America...7000 years old, history rewritten, atlantis everywhere?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I've read channeled materials that state that Atlantis was Earth.

Furthermore, Australia's controversial Gosford Egyptian Hieroglyphs also show the Celtic cross. You can see it immediately at 1min:44sec in the below video

This is brilliant (the OP)....something I've always felt was true. Especially the Pyramids worldwide.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

yes bts
good point
to use the cross to do latitude miller says you needed to know the moon and the constellation that its in
which changes every two days roughly
that ankythra ( oh ...sp? lol ) device i think did that...provided planetary info and they had some tables too
on land one had the henges to keep the knowledge from a stationary point of view
i think that maybe you needed all that sky info to navigte and thats why at some point without it the real use of the cross faded from general knowledge

also there is a math side to this too that was also a proprietary knowledge...like with the stone masons

and thanks for the links too

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

hey LA
thank you for that video
im watching it now

i have always been fascinated by OZ and aboriginals...and everything else down there

my wondering is; before i watch ( im a couple minutes in now...)
"star" people does that refer to where they are from or what the held sacred...or something about them
like say confusing using the cross to shoot the sun and sun worship being confused with that

ah well, watch and learn
here we go

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Not going to comment on your theories because I think if proven right, or proven wrong it does not matter.

But the fact that the cross in all its interpretations to which it came to today was the equivalent of the Swiss army knife of ages past wayward mariners, and daily life and even of builders is sort of funny. It would be like if we came back here some few thousands of years latter after a few ice ages some floods and what not and found people made up whole cultures and whole religions all working around bizarre practices and rituals of which there most revered symbol in that civilization considered to express the movement of the heavens, and the gods, and what not, is the in the outline and shape of a power-saw, or a hammer.

That time traveler would only look on and say...OK, what can I say, if you say so, it must be true, and if he went back and told any of his buddies they would never believe him. The only real mystery is the mystery of how symbols are integrated and reintegrated to have different meanings, just mashed and blended together into completely different meanings as the ages pass. But some things do not change that much as the topography changes, for instance a compass is still in and will likely still remain in the same relative shape as its always been, it will still likely need four points a north, a south, a east, and a west. That is off course there is some major changes in the planets magnetosphere, and if there is that, you can beat there is plenty of other changes as well.
edit on 9pmSaturdaypm082014f6pmSat, 08 Mar 2014 21:25:26 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I am firm believer many cultures came here. We know the vikings were here. We also know someone came to the north east and Canada and took out tons and tons of copper. The fuel for the bronze age. Don't think the celts did that though. My guess would have been Phoenician or maybe even atlantians.

This is nice op, love this stuff.

The Bot

P. S. I think we had several visitors, oh and Columbus was Not one of them, what a joke

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Alright Dan! Excellent thread, great info and an interesting subject
that for me, is just more evidence, of that pre diluvian world. And
the evidence just keeps growing almost daily now. A whole world
existed, before this one we know as ours. And the flood wiped it
from our memory and thus our history as well. Human kind does
suffer from a massive cass of amnesia. SnF

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Very interesting and honestly it wouldn't surprise me.

There is so much under our oceans and bodies of water. IMO that is where we would find a lot of our history. I even think there is a whole heck of a lot more to be discovered in the deserts of Egypt!

I believe Atlantis existed but I have no idea where, maybe it was everywhere and wasn't just in one specific place.

Great thread. I'll have to take some time tomorrow and go through it.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
im no expert LA but a few things i notice
first i have no way to say if those are really glyphs but no way to say no they are not either
here is waht i can say:

the narator wonders how they got to the higher levels to carve
while describing the reverse glyphs, there is a rock behind him wedged at about the right height to stand on to do the carving
i would guess they wedged wood or stones crossways into the horizontal cracks and ledges and stood on thm
mickey mouse scafolds we call them

one glyph he says he doesn't recognise looks like the bottom half of the double crown of egypt the red half i think
the white crown would look like a bowling pin sitting in the red crown base

the figure by the board walk looks like mythra

note the rays and that is NOT a SWORD look close it is a ruler..mythra was from 3500 bc from aryan roots

Mithra
Mithra (Avestan: 𐬀𐬭𐬚𐬌𐬨 Miθra, Old Persian: 𐎷𐎰𐎼 Miça) is the Zoroastrian angelic divinity (yazata) of covenant and oath. In addition to being the divinity of contracts, Mithra is also a judicial figure, an all-seeing protector of Truth, and the guardian of cattle, the harvest and of The Waters.

The term Mithra is from the Avestan language. In Middle Iranian languages (Middle Persian, Parthian etc.), Mithra became Mihr, from which Modern Persian مهر Mihr, Northern Pashto لمر Nwar, Waziri Pashto ميېر Myer and Armenian Mihr/Mher ultimately derive.

Together with the Vedic common noun mitra, the Avestan common noun miθra derives from proto-Indo-Iranian *mitra, from the root mi- "to bind", with the "tool suffix" -tra- "causing to." Thus, etymologically mitra/miθra means "that which causes binding", preserved in the Avestan word for "covenant, contract,

en.wikipedia.org...

im about two thirds through more later when im done watching
dang...
what i just noticed is mithra and the root mitra....miter as in miter box for cutting angles with a hand saw
and the pope has one as a hat
i was saying on another tread that mithra is holding a ruler..the celtic cross..he is from aryan goth roots in the right time period to be aryan and from the right place...and the rays are the angles of the shooting of the sun...
rays like in mathematics...navigation holding the sun and moon...

my question
would a faker have known what we know about the sumerian goth aryan phonecian mithraic egyptian connection?
im not going to go or not go with aliens...without more...
meteor shower...maybe comemorating an event like the arrival of the travlling visitors

the figure with the two items that he thinks are dna coming out of the belly look like the staff of power of the mayans i linked to earlier in the thread

thats all guess work on my part so don't hold me to it too hard lol

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

this is very interesting and something Lloyd Pye was also interested in which gives it a lot of credibility for me.

I have a problem with this part: "Crichton suggests that the sea level around the globe rose with the melting ice caps. ". Melting ice caps are not going to produce tsunamis but a massive calving of the southern ice sheet would (just as Sitchin said) and it would cause the waves to go from south to north washing Noah's Ark up the slopes of Ararat in Turkey and wiping out the entire North American east coast from the Gulf to I think NH? or Maine? The long straight canals in Louisiana are said to be from oil exploration and if that was true it would've been on a bigger scale than the Panama Canal and dontcha think people would've known about it? This is just one more smoking gun that rewrites history and wipes out any credibility mainstream archeology may have ever had in my book.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I would have to agree that 'Atlantis' disappearing under the waves was a world-wide phenomenon involving every coastal and island community on Earth. A giant comet hit North America 12,900 years ago and flash-melted 7 million cubic miles of ice, raising sea levels by around 400 feet. Much planetary havoc ensued for the next 1300 years, including the periodic falling out of more of the comet debris (known as the Taurid progenitor) and lots of volcanic and earthquake action caused by the sudden redistribution of so much mass, which erased much of the evidence...

...but it is still there if you know where to look. Saginaw Bay strike/creation of the Carolina Bays (Google Michael Davias for info). The black mat and Nanodiamonds found at the Younger Dryas Boundary (see all of the excellent work at George Howard's 'Cosmic Tusk website). The fact that studies of American Indian DNA indicate that all descendants came from four or five families, the only survivors of the event.

So much was lost then...but it really is a wonder that more evidence of these lost civilizations hasn't surface much, much earlier.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

hey thanks Randy
feel free to yay or nay, ill do my best accommodate

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Harte has no idea what he's talking about concerning these things. The size of the area containing these structures is so large any attempt at that scale would be the biggest undertaking ever imagined. They are found in areas where the Army Corps hasn't bothered to even think about going and for no good reason anyway. Some people act like authorities on this subject, but they've not spent one minute studying them and deep down inside they know they've waisted their lives studying the wrong things. I think there are going to be a lot of bitter archaeologists just around the corner, so we have to prepare for the angry responses.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

here... i have something just for you!
lets get a little freaky deaky

www.troy-in-england.co.uk...
VISIT THE REAL
TROJAN BATTLEFIELD

Troy and the Trojan War location has been found and the battlefield completely reconstructed from the scattered but very detailed information given in Homer's Iliad.

Troy in England, however unbelievable, is fully explained in this amazing work which provides in depth information and evidence of all kinds including geographic and linguistic evidence as well as countless archaeological finds.

The war was not waged by Greeks and not caused by the abduction of Helen. The real reason was access to tin in Britain, a precious metal which was essential for the production of bronze, a key war material of the time.

During the second millennium BC, it was the custom of illiterate Sea Peoples migrating from western Europe to verbally pass on history, that's how the tales of the greatest war of prehistory, the Trojan War was first recorded.

Previously, Hissarlik in Turkey was thought to be the location of Troy, but no traces of the Trojan war have been found near there.

You will discover this work clearly demonstrates that the Iliad, however poetic, is based on real historical events in Bronze Age Western Europe.

For the first time, readers of the Iliad and Trojan history can follow the action in the field.

now plato's atlantis was prolly like homers troy...
the names were changed to protect the innocent...

paris and achilles, and i guess hercules too, were the half sons of GOTHS... not gods...aryan phonecian TIN MINERS
the celtic cross is every where in the area from how many different groups...?

i know there was some huge controversy re the Manitoulin island copper mines
the geologists said the strata was somewhere around a hundred thousand years old
and everybody even the government guy who hired all the academics got FIRED

ORE -ion... aryans....metal is part if the name

imho
sitchens gods... nephilim...aryan goths, fit way better into the narative then aliens do
lol

edit on 8-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

Harte has no idea what he's talking about concerning these things. The size of the area containing these structures is so large any attempt at that scale would be the biggest undertaking ever imagined. They are found in areas where the Army Corps hasn't bothered to even think about going and for no good reason anyway. Some people act like authorities on this subject, but they've not spent one minute studying them and deep down inside they know they've waisted their lives studying the wrong things. I think there are going to be a lot of bitter archaeologists just around the corner, so we have to prepare for the angry responses.

good point i hadn't though of that re the size of those deals
and i have been on some dredge jobs...
think of the mound cities...they did do big jobs back then too
with baskets too i understand....that's a lot of haulage

we do need people like Harte to challenge the too alien notions
if it gets by skeptics like Harte then maybe the idea can live on its own
i had to correct for windage a few time on the road here...
it was some jagged little pills for me to swallow
but win some lose some
ha ha...ouchi
the ball will get to the bottom of the hill one day....

i do agree this or something like it will turn some grey beards madly upside down though
lol
and i love that...one day its gonna be my turn...again...heh heh...
like i said ouchi

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

here is a chinese map not so early maybe...but early enough to make one wonder
i don't know enough about projection to verify this map or if it came from an older one,
but there is much to be said for early Chinese in north america

funny though that columbus was right after marko polo

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

this is very interesting and something Lloyd Pye was also interested in which gives it a lot of credibility for me.

I have a problem with this part: "Crichton suggests that the sea level around the globe rose with the melting ice caps. ". Melting ice caps are not going to produce tsunamis but a massive calving of the southern ice sheet would (just as Sitchin said) and it would cause the waves to go from south to north washing Noah's Ark up the slopes of Ararat in Turkey and wiping out the entire North American east coast from the Gulf to I think NH? or Maine? The long straight canals in Louisiana are said to be from oil exploration and if that was true it would've been on a bigger scale than the Panama Canal and dontcha think people would've known about it? This is just one more smoking gun that rewrites history and wipes out any credibility mainstream archeology may have ever had in my book.

two mile high ice sheets calving would do tsunamis..
there was a little chart i posted earlier which gave sea level rise in the time frame of the underwater harbors
and the southern ice sheet was probably bigger then today...i know we just saw manhattan sized chunks crack off
i posted a vid some threads ago of a similar size chunk letting go...took 90 minutes to calve i think

calving creates huge wave

two mile high ICE SHEET ..i hope i communicated the idea properly with these vids , i htink they hint well
i can see why a round ark like in the babylonian tablet i posted earlier might be the idea if you never knew where the nect wave was coming from...

calving causes tidal wave...this one shows well

also when waves hit harbors and funnel up they get super fierce...like in malasia a couple years ago

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

TXRabbit
Very interesting theory about ancient canals. While I explore it as certainly being possible, I still won't donate $$ to the website you linked to which shows the 2 (and only 2) pictures you've shared and expects us to believe.

Have any artifacts been recovered lending credence to these ports and canals existing?
edit on 8-3-2014 by TXRabbit because: removed verbage that unintentionally sounded harsh

there are a lot of links to all the sites they have with good photos if you look
i posted some

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Varhaard

very interesting i will check out your links and post on them tomorrow

yeah there are various localized events through this period like this or these also

Recent research, by a team of international scientists in 2006, revealed that the Santorini event was much larger than the original estimate of 39 km3 (9.4 cu mi) of Dense-Rock Equivalent (DRE), or total volume of material erupted from the volcano, that was published in 1991.[1] With an estimated DRE in excess of 60 km3 (14 cu mi),[1][6] the volume of ejecta was approximately 100 km3 (24 cu mi).[13] If so, the eruption's Volcanic Explosivity Index was 7. The volcano ejected up to four times as much as during the well-recorded eruption by Krakatoa in 1883. The Thera volcanic events and subsequent ashfall probably sterilized the island, as occurred on Krakatoa. Only the Mount Tambora volcanic eruption of 1815, Lake Taupo's Hatepe eruption around 180 CE, and perhaps the Baekdu Mountain eruption around 970 CE released more material into the atmosphere during historic times.

...Greek traditions[edit]
The eruption of Thera and volcanic fallout may have inspired the myths of the Titanomachy in Hesiod's Theogony.[7] The Titanomachy could have picked up elements of western Anatolian folk memory as the tale spread westward. Hesiod's lines have been compared with volcanic activity, citing Zeus's thunderbolts as volcanic lightning, the boiling earth and sea as a breach of the magma chamber, immense flame and heat as evidence of phreatic explosions, among many other descriptions.[56]

Atlantis[edit]
Main article: Location hypotheses of Atlantis
There is some archaeological, seismological, and vulcanological evidence that the myth of Atlantis, described by Plato, is based upon the Santorini eruption.[11][49]

en.wikipedia.org...

except its not in the ATLANTIc

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

from your link BTS

The cross either vertical or diagonal with equal length arms is a universal mark. It is so primal that it exists in all cultures as does the circle. There are no human cultures that have no art or symbols and there are no systems of symbols that do not include circles and crosses.

www.celtarts.com...

while much was recent it really illustrates the lack of knowing what the cross is about

The Cross did not become a common symbol of Christianity until the 4th century. Images of the cross were in fact quite rare before the Golden Legend became popular and the "discovery" of the "True Cross" promoted fragments of the "True Cross" as powerful relics.

There are in Britain stone monuments that may be the ancestor of the Celtic Cross. The Chi-Rho symbol, the monogram of Christ was a commonly used symbol of Christianity in the 4th century Roman Empire. The Emperor Constantine who made Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire used as his emblem the Chi-Rho in a laurel wreath. Thus combined were a pagan Imperial symbol of Rome with a symbol of the new faith. The diagonal cross members of the Chi were eventually conventionalized to a single horizontal cross member that made its cross with the vertical stem of the Rho and the wreath was conventionalized into a simple circle. There are examples of this where the loop of the Rho is also conventionalized into a shepherd’s crook. One can easily see how the curved crook of the staff could disappear to leave just a cross in a circle as is common in many Welsh crosses of the early Celtic Christian period which followed the Roman withdrawal from Britain.

also from the above

i am wondering if the actual wheel with a weight in it on a cross was a celtic invention or possibly a reinvention...
thinking of the roads the celts likely built that the romans used later...straight for miles and miles across europe
the other crosses were variations like the one in the diagram i posted earlier showing the user kneeling at the foot of the cross to take a bearing...which closley resembles the cross seen in the pyramid shaft by the robot

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I've been saying it for years, but my opinion is that we as a species have been to the point that we're at today, if not further. And that we've destroyed ourselves in the past. That's why our human history cuts out at a certain date. That's why we have no records. We either completely destroyed ourselves to the point of there only being a few thousand of us left, or we came here from another planet like Mars or possibly even Venus. I think the show Ancient Aliens has it just about right, minus the aliens part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join