It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Harbors in America...7000 years old, history rewritten, atlantis everywhere?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+83 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
tried search didn't get hits
but in any event this is to be examined in light of the recently discovered working celtic cross which rather then being a religious icon was the principle navigation and building instrument of the day

contrary to popular opinion people then didn't worship the cross and the sun, moon and stars
they were a reference point...the gps of the day

id say everone is looking for atlantis in the wrong place...
simply-it was everywhere

Underwater Harbors in America

This site is a review of evidence that will forever change the history of North America, shifting our view from what we think we know about America to a whole new and radically different perspective of pre-historic civilizations on the North American continent.
There are many underwater harbors, channels and canals on the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts that are covered with vestiges and remnants of a sophisticated, and large culture or civilization that existed BEFORE current sea level rose an average of 5' 5".Evidence on this site, shows many harbor areas on much of New York's Long Island Sound and other East Coast locations, Florida Gulf Coast, the Louisiana Delta and Mexico, to have been 'worked' and 'inhabited' by a very large, and technically sophisticated population of canal builders during some remote period. Both Florida and New York have extensive offshore harbor and canal-channel systems that are at least -7,000 years old. The top photo is a harbor in Florida, and the photo to the left is an unused harbor in NY's Long Island Sound.

These structures were built BEFORE the water table rose to its present level. Some of the structures are between 6' to 15' BELOW current mean water sea level. The chart below, from Globalwarmingart.com, using the Jamaica plot figures, shows a 5' 5" sea level rise since -7,000 years before present.

www.ancientcanalbuilders.com...

as i have been saying lately the working celtic cross changes history completely
its how they navigated here and its how they lined up the canals and buildings and even whoile cities
atlantis was everyhere

The Working Celtic Cross

By Crichton E M Miller

In 1997 Crichton Miller made an astounding discovery that will change our concepts of the historical and religious past forever. Crichton's background and life experiences play a fundamentally important part in this revelation; he is a qualified yachtsman and navigator with an interest in ancient history and religions.
Through the results of intensive research, Crichton proposes that our present system of beliefs and science was inherited from ancient mariners that sailed the oceans of the world in prehistory. He further proposes that the abrupt end of the last ice age, 12,500 years ago, was part of a cataclysm that destroyed of a large part of the flora and fauna of Earth. The most likely humans to survive this cataclysmic event were those who were at sea.

Crighton proposes that the event likely produced a tsunami (a large wave that travels extremely fast) and that such a large tsunami would be more easily survived at sea, where the effect would be limited to a large swell on the surface of the ocean. The effects of a large tidal wave on a coastline, however, would be horrendous. The giant wall of water would have been turned into a breaking wave as it reached shallower depths, annihilating all before it as it rushed up the beach with churning debris.

Crichton suggests that the sea level around the globe rose with the melting ice caps. Archaeological evidence of earlier civilizations is almost impossible to find since it is now below 300 feet of new sea water which changed the topography of coastlines, where most advanced civilizations were based. However Crichton proposes that there is other evidence of earlier civilizations and that this evidence has been left intact in stone and myth for us to decipher.

Crichton believes that these pre-cataclysmic civilizations were maritime based. These ancient sea-going people had developed a form of geometry and mathematics that was linked to astronomy and astrology and developed out of their nautical lifestyles. To successfully travel on the world's oceans and seas, you must be able to know your position and direction

www.viewzone.com...
edit on 8-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
here is the man who figured it out
my new hero

The Cross and the Plumbline

By Crichton Miller
I am a Scottish born researcher and Company Director with an interest in prehistory. I have applied for a patent on a derivative of the Celtic cross. This application was published on the 14th of June 2000 under UK patent application GB 2 344 654 A. Despite intensive research by The Patent Office prior to publication, no instrument with its complete attributes has been discovered and its application was not found to be obvious.
The Celtic cross, which is an ancient and sacred symbol, with which most people are familiar, appears to be a representation of an ancient instrument that was used by our ancestors as far back as Neolithic times. I believe that it was what the Ancient Egyptians and Phoenicians used to survey their buildings and navigate the oceans of the world. Despite the discovery of coc aine in some of the Egyptian Mummies, it has been argued, in august and academic circles, that it was impossible for them or the Phoenicians to have crossed the Atlantic in prehistory, because of their inability to navigate...

...Thor Heyderhal scotched the concept that their boats were incapable with his Ra expedition. I am about to collapse the final argument, by proving that they could navigate and had the instrument to do

www.world-mysteries.com...

looks like some very wrong so called authoritative expert type peoples got some 'splainin' to do

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
how do you all like my new AV
i know some MISTAKENLY thought my old flag AV was the confederate flag
but youze was mistaken
didn't notice the writing on it i guess

it was four pyramids and a cross and some stars
a military christian masonic celtic cross which belonged to my great great great uncle
gen'l PGT Beauregard

just so you know

this cross is the key to it all

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Very interesting theory about ancient canals. While I explore it as certainly being possible, I still won't donate $$ to the website you linked to which shows the 2 (and only 2) pictures you've shared and expects us to believe.

Have any artifacts been recovered lending credence to these ports and canals existing?
edit on 8-3-2014 by TXRabbit because: removed verbage that unintentionally sounded harsh

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
now im gonna spin some heads

all thanks go to some really good research on the part of all the people who I'm referencing on this thread
they deserve all the credit...and all the stars and flags too

they did some great work, and as we go you will see how it fits together like peruvian block werk
so I hope you will BEAR with me while we do some real discovering

and you all know i love to learn and to argue...so either way bring it
hopefully it will all benefit the thread

Who Brought The Mayans To Mexico?
or
Were the ancient Turks, Akkads (Sumerians) and Dravidians (Tamils) the parents of Mexico and Meso-America?

...ABOUT WHO THE PHOENICIANS REALLY WERE.
Before continuing with this article, I must clarify who the Phoenicians really were. I first learned about these people who settled the earth, about whom modern man knows nearly nothing, from the 19th century British Orientalist George Rawlinsonís book, Phoenicia. He was considered as the leading authority on these hardy mariners. But even he was off base. He said that the Phoenicians had no definite homeland but occupied trading ports all over the Middle East. In the Western hemisphere, they were called Puni but did not usually answer to that name. Furthermore, he said they were a Mediterranean people. Yet, in studying Hindu history, I discovered that they also existed in Central Asia and India. But there, they were called Pani. Not even in India did they call themselves Pani.

In his brief but enlightening little book, The Rig Veda ñ a History, Bengali historian, Rajeswar Gupta, stated: ìÖin ancient times the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea were connected together by a strait through which the Phoenicians and Aryan trading ships entered the MediterraneanÖAs that passage silted up the connection between India and Europe broke off.î (p. 4.)

Had Professor Gupta been more acquainted with the Turkish-related nations in Central Asia, he wouldíve realized that the Phoenicians and Aryans were the same people. The Phoenicians in the Middle East eventually lost their awareness of being Dravidians, separating themselves in many small city coastal states.

viewzone2.com...

now i am going to vary from the flood till know because this was an ongoing story from then till now
before the sumerians about 5000 3000 bc there was someone else sailing around...
we will be looking for them too

but just proving the cross and the phonecians is enough to change history as it is commonly thought of

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I've watched some of the show on the Oak Island mystery and they made mention of a celtic cross being used as a marker on shore of the island. Good stuff

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Wow Dan - this is really very interesting. I have long believed that history, as is taught to us, is filled with holes and any commentary on ancient knowledge and ability is just ridiculed... or attributed to aliens or something.
(We really need an "eye roll" icon).

In my not so humble opinion, there seems to be evidence (OOPARTS and other artifacts) that point to the fact that ancient people were far more advanced than commonly accepted. Not that what you have shown here is some advanced technology, but it could be one more clue that the ancients really did understand more than we think they did. I'll have to go read the link now...thanks.
Ancient technology and knowledge is a real interest for me - not that I'm an "expert" or anything, I just find it fascinating!
edit on 8-3-2014 by tallcool1 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

There is a recent artificial up on Mysteries.com that is about sheets of Mica buried within Pyramids .As it turns out the mica comes from Brasil .The Celtic cross as a instrument of navigational tool makes more sense then some religious symbol ....S&F .....peace

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
now the old Celtic cross is a bit of a misnomer...
but they did get around did our celtic friends
they got the cross from the phonecians /aryans ...
some super long straight roads in europe were not roman at all they were celtic...
like these vikings were

Norsemen who settled in southern Greenland carried more Celtic than Nordic blood - but they were still decidedly Scandinavian

An analysis of DNA from a Viking gravesite near a 1000 year-old church in southern Greenland shows that those buried there had strong Celtic bloodlines, reported science website Videnskab.dk.

The analysis - performed by Danish researchers on bones from skeletons found during excavations in south Greenland - revealed that the settlers' Nordic blood was mixed with Celtic blood, probably originating from the British Isles.

Danish archaeologists are currently conducting the first regional study of southern Greenland's original settlers, whose colonies date back to the year 985. The skeletons disinterred outside the old church also date back to just a few years after that period.

'The research results haven't yet been published, but initial results somewhat surprisingly suggest that the people in the graves were more Celtic than Nordic,' said Jette Arneborg, curator and senior scientist at the National Museum, and one of the Danish archaeologists involved in the project.

'We've always known that Norsemen travelled a lot and we also know that the early inhabitants of the Faroe Islands and Iceland had traces of Celtic genes. But now we also have evidence of this in Greenland as well,' she added.

Although the DNA analysis reveals the inhabitants had Celtic blood in their veins, Arneborg said there was no question that the settlers were Nordic.

'Everything these people did - their culture, means of nourishment and so on - was clearly Scandinavian,' she said.

Earlier studies of populations living in the Faeroe Islands and Iceland have shown that it was primarily the women who were of Celtic origin.

Arneborg said that indicated the Vikings may have come from Norway down past the British Isles - where they took women with them - and then continued on into the North Atlantic, the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Greenland.

www.archeurope.com...

Roman' roads were actually built by the Celts, new book claims
The myth of straight Roman roads has been exposed by a new book which claims the extraordinary engineering feats were the work of the Celts.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

the celtic cross is the tool you need to line up a road across a continent, CROSS an ocean, build a pyramid...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

imho
x marks the spot....
that x is the celtic cross

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Great catch and share! I love these finds and the physical evidence to support the idea of a whole history prior to the one we know to be starting around 11,400 years ago. (Run that date sometime in this context...it's almost a keystone in itself and I stumbled across it by mistake one night, researching a weird little planetoid/asteroid called Sedna..but I digress).

I've really come to feel we DO have history and we DO have artifacts to find with culture to understand in North America. We just had some very rude glaciers wipe the land clean like the shop broom of God to make finding anything damned hard.

It's great when they come across some signs which may have survived tho...even if a little more recent than I'm normally perking up on.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

TXRabbit
Very interesting theory about ancient canals. While I explore it as certainly being possible, I still won't donate $$ to the website you linked to which shows the 2 (and only 2) pictures you've shared and expects us to believe.

Have any artifacts been recovered lending credence to these ports and canals existing?
edit on 8-3-2014 by TXRabbit because: removed verbage that unintentionally sounded harsh

Canals courtesy of Army Corp of Engineers. They are dredged regularly because they fill in naturally.

"Harbors" also the result of modern dredging.

Good idea, not donating money to a fraud.

Harte

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

There is a recent artificial up on Mysteries.com that is about sheets of Mica buried within Pyramids .As it turns out the mica comes from Brasil .The Celtic cross as a instrument of navigational tool makes more sense then some religious symbol ....S&F .....peace

There is a single instance of this - Teotihuacan.

The mica comes from nearby Oaxaca.

Harte

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Very interesting. Makes sense to me.

F&S&

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

contrary to popular opinion people then didn't worship the cross and the sun, moon and stars they were a reference point...the gps of the day

It's not so much 'popular opinion' as evidence-based fact. The Celtic cross symbol is linked to the introduction of Christianity in North West Europe - predominantly in Ireland. It's found adorning Christian sites of worship dating from the 8th century.

Not to dismiss Miller's 'working Celtic cross' out of hand, but are there any images of this object? I've had a quick look and didn't see any other than Miller holding reconstructions. He's an 'historical researcher' rather than an academic and, as far as I can tell, there's no supporting evidence or voices from academia.

It's been a while since I paddled in the world of fringe-archaeology and it seems little has changed. Miller is claiming the Great Pyramid as ' the largest and most accurately designed single building in the world even by today's standards.' That's BS.

I went on to discover that parts of this instrument were still in a sealed chamber in the pyramid and that other parts had been removed in 1872 and now rest in the British Museum.

I have reassembled them and they work.
Source

Say what? Are they *still* in a sealed chamber or not? Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities don't let unqualified guys, without academic credentials or backing, loose in any pyramids and certainly not the GP. Is he saying he discovered a sealed chamber and took the contents home?

Whatever the case, he's gone the standard route of linking 3500BC Egypt to 8th Century Ireland and tossed in the old favourite - pre-Columbus trans-Atlantic voyages to the Americas. I haven't looked at his evidence of harbours yet or whether he's ever blamed the Smithsonian like they usually do.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

yes and your roots and my roots are tied into this too
check this out:
its a bit of shock for those of us of algonquin decent...pre five fires ...
manistusu who ruled from kish in sumeria and guiche manitou...king menes, king minos...were all the same person
kishi anna (kitchi manitou or kitchi wanna and en man lu anna are interchangable on some antidiluvian sumerian king lists

he was an aryan goth ruler of sumeria and egyit and india right up to britian..he was an admiral..
aryan..the occult nazis master race...

For a number of years now I have gained an appreciation of the works of Professor L.A. Waddell and in particular his Egyptian Civilization. Its Sumerian Origin and Real Chronology in which he provides uncontestable proofs of the Sumerian origin of Egyptian civilization, so-called `Egyptian` hieroglyphics and the pre-dynastic and first dynasty of Pharaohs and by extension their Indo-European origins.

He skillfully identifies through his decipherment of the Indo-Sumerian seals and his comparison between their inscriptions with those of the Indo-Aryan king lists and Sumerian and Egyptian chronicles that Pharaoh Menes is identical with Manis-Tusu,son of Sargon the Great,Manasyu of India and King Minos of Crete, a great Aryan world emperor.
Professor Waddell`s work is unfortunately largely ignored by the academics, not because of lack of evidence or inherent logic but because his racial interpretation of ancient history has become an anathema since the end of WWII.

Since the discovery that the family of Tutankhamun have European DNA and the suppression of this fact by scientists and the Egyptian establishment it is time that this scholar`s works were revisited with an open mind.

aryan-myth-and-metahistory.blogspot.ca...

Europeans may have been the first people to settle in America, possibly more than ten thousand years before anyone else set foot there.

­A series of European-style tools dating from twenty-six-thousand to nineteen-thousand years ago have been discovered in six separate locations along the east coast of the United States.

Archaeologists previously thought that America was populated by migrants making their way from Siberia to Alaska, and then spreading through the rest of the continent.

But the first of these Asian tribes started moving there about 15,500 years ago – and there is no evidence of human activity in Siberia or Alaska from before that time.

Professors Dennis Stanford and Bruce Bradford, the two archaeologists who made the discovery, suggest Europeans moved across the Atlantic during the peak of Ice Age.

At the time, a vast tranche of ice covered the Atlantic. The Stone Age migrants would have been able to survive the journey by killing seals, hunting the now-extinct great auks (a sort of giant penguin) and fishing. The archaeologists suggest they may have even used boats for large parts of their travel.

Further evidence of their thesis is a knife discovered in Virginia in 1971. Recent tests showed that it was made from French flint.

The new hypothesis is unlikely to change what we know about the Indians who greeted the Europeans upon their arrival.

The Siberian migrants came to America for longer and in greater numbers, and were either wiped out or absorbed by the European tribes.

But it does explain the long-standing mystery of the genetic code and language of some Native American tribes that appear European, not Asian in origin.

rt.com...

ill be going into more detail with LA Waddells work...between his work and Creighton Millers work with the cross..among others history gets a real shaking...

BTW
the masteer race...NON SEMITIC
so, sorry no signed deed to the holey land for you
oooopsi

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The ancient wizard gods from across the seas brought civilization wherever they went.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I like these theories, they make sense. That's a lot of ice melt to cause the oceans to rise that much.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just when winter has shaved bare any endurance I had you serve me up a can of spring whoop ass! This is terrific stuff Danbones! Now off to read more about this. Keep it coming.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

i realize faith trumps facts
but

yes the cross was completely STOLEN
if you read Miller he clearly shows that the church smashed the Templars because they had the celtic cross
and were using it along with banking practices and the church coveted those...

the celts used the cross as i said to do all sots of things, the church stole it like they stole easter, christmas, and aztec gold.

reality the Druids, the Celt’s scientific and spiritual leaders, were some of the most intellectually advanced thinkers of their age, it is said, who developed the straight roads in the 4th Century BC, hundreds of years before the Italian army marched across the continent.

“They had their own road system on which the Romans later based theirs,” Mr Robb said, adding that the roads were built in Britain from around the 1st Century BC.

“It has often been wondered how the Romans managed to build the Fosse Way, which goes from Exeter to Lincoln. They must have known what the finishing point would be, but they didn’t conquer that part of Britain until decades later. How did they manage to do that if they didn’t follow the Celtic road?”

Mr Robb, former fellow of Exeter College, Oxford, first came up with the theory when he planned to cycle the Via Heraklea, an ancient route that runs a thousand miles in a straight line from the tip of the Iberian Peninsula to the Alps, and realised that it was plotted along the solstice lines through several Celtic settlements.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

oh i almost forgot
manes minos manitou was also OUR LORD AMEN..hehe ooopsi !
check it oput its written in stone...all over the middle east..thats EAst for those that are just catching up
tough luck there for christians i think
looks they stole that name too

but they did it for credibility's sake so its all good...
this helps explain the popes fish hat too as we shall see...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join