It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we creating energy... Just to waste it ??? ***Please read***Open minds only***

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Sun light, is something that is a whole, right ? If it takes 8 minutes for sun light to reach earth's surface. Then you could say that light is something because it moves. What if you took the sun and put two huge mirrors on both sides of it. Would it create light that would bounce back and forth ???
And if it would; over time would this be the building up of light ???

I understand put a laser in between two mirrors and at the right angle it will look like there are billions of lasers because of the reflection off of the mirrors.

But the moment you turn the laser of the light disappears.

Why does this happen ??? If light takes 8 minutes to get to earth then light is something. Even if the sun got some how turned off we wouldn't know about it here on earth, untill around 8 minutes later.

So that means that light has consistency or is actually made up of something.

If light is something that can be harnessed. Instead of just wasted every time we flick the switch on our flash light. What if all you needed was a little amount of energy or "LIGHT" and we could learn how to control it

Here is the closest example I can give you guys ....
Say that is light bouncing between two mirrors.

I------------------------------------------------------------------------I

Say you let some of the TRAPPED light out, yet leaving some of the stored light inside of whatever emprisonment that we figure out on the light ... looking like this ...

I-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you are done using the light you simply press teh button and the light goes back to being off ...looking like this ...

Does anyone have any idea what I am trying to say ??? Just wondering probably not.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I believe that if you had a room made up of perfectly aligned mirrors then you could have a light beam bouncing around in there forever. The problem lies in the fact that we can't make perfect mirrors that reflect 100% of the light. Some of the energy from the light is transferred into the mirror each time it bounces off it. So the effect would be a light beam that got weaker with each bounce.

Given the speed of light I'm sure you realize how many times it could bounce back and forth in closed room. So it would probably appear to disappear at the same instant the light source was turned off.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Light is not a solid single entity. Light travels in discreet packets called Photons. Photons interact with matter (ie: dense energy) because they vibrate and all mater vibrates as well.

Photons with different vibrations look like they have different colors to our eyes. A prism takes complex packets of Photons (which is what white light is) and breaks them up. This is because different matter reacts with different vibrations in different ways.

When a photon interacts with matter some of it�s energy is transferred to the matter. The matter vibrates more and the photon vibrates less. If there is enough matter to �block� the light it really means the light loses enough energy to stop vibrating completely and the matter now has this energy.

Hold up a piece of metal to sunlight. The sunlight is blocked but the metal becomes hotter and hotter. The metal is hotter because the particles in the metal are more excited, they are vibrating more violently.

Why do photons react in this manner? We don�t really know, despite what egg-heads will try to tell ya. Look up double slit experiment, which has a lot ramifications like Multiple-Universe theory and the theory that cause and effect are not always sequential�scary stuff. String theory seems to explain a lot though.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I believe that if you had a room made up of perfectly aligned mirrors then you could have a light beam bouncing around in there forever. The problem lies in the fact that we can't make perfect mirrors that reflect 100% of the light. Some of the energy from the light is transferred into the mirror each time it bounces off it. So the effect would be a light beam that got weaker with each bounce.

Given the speed of light I'm sure you realize how many times it could bounce back and forth in closed room. So it would probably appear to disappear at the same instant the light source was turned off.

Ok .... I understand so the only reason that laser beams turn into many many billions of lines .. is because it is a laser... and the light doesn't actually break up as fast. What if there was some way to make the light reflect and make it go together instead of grow apart.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I am so glad that you brought up Cause and Effect ... I think this is why the world turns.

Example:

I think all the fish in the ocean migrate certain ways because the earth is set up with natural defense systems that it instills through it's animals I believe. The tides change ,I believe, sometimes making the current go up a few degrees in results to migrating fish. Think about billions of fish swimming in the same direction, that has to bring some kind of movement especially in water. Have you ever got into a bath tub and started rocking the water if you do it for more than a few seconds it will start to splash out of the tub. It moves almost as if it is moving with you after you start moving in it for a while.

Everything happens for a reason .... I believe this that you cannot change and effect that something has on something else. You can change alot of things. But the effect to the cause will not change. =-) ...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The only reason that I raise the questions to all of this is that in flying airplanes ... they use sonar to track them. There are now airplanes that when sonar hits them they absorb the sonar, Hence making the play appear to not be there on the radar. If we can make an airplane appear to not be there while flying at supersonic speeds. Then why can't we figure out a way to control sun light. I guess we would need to start off by researching something that does not absorb light. Is there any material in the world that reflects light but does not absorb it. I guess you coudl do your own little test put a peice of the material in the sun and see if it warms up. If it doesn't the particles in the matter that you are testing are not starting to move and warm up. I guess plastic may be something that doesn't absorb heat at least that well. But we need something that doesn't absorb it at all. Any IDEAS ???? All we need is a material that doesn't absorb light and that reflects it. Hmmm ... sounds simple enough. Hmmm ... Earth services , star, moons, asteroids, they all seem to bounce light off of them when the sun is shining on them ... How ??? What makes them so differnt or is it just that we can see it because the world behind the star or whatever is so dark. Maybe we are not looking in the right ratio of things maybe a mirrors really would reflect forever at least some kind of Energy even if it is in traceable by our eyes. And we measure stuff differently than it would really measure in another words. 50lbs here isn't 50 lbs on the moon even in the same system. Do realities that we have accepted change everywhere we go will we find another change that we are used to but, is just a fake security. WOW >. Duece

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I guess I didn't read far enough down in that post on the Stealth abilities of the air plane it wouldn't help us at all if we could reflect the sun light away from us or if we found something to absorb the sun light it wouldn't really help us out either so ... I guess never mind about that other post sorry to waste you guys time ... But if anyone knows of a material that reflects sunlight without absorbing any of it Please let me know ... I still think that this may be possible ... to trap light in motion ... that is EXACTLY what I have been trying to put into words. TRAP ENERGY IN MOTION .... Where we can choose to use it or chooose to save it nd build it back up again ... =-) .. !!

E_T

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
Hold up a piece of metal to sunlight. The sunlight is blocked but the metal becomes hotter and hotter. The metal is hotter because the particles in the metal are more excited, they are vibrating more violently.
Actually excited atom are those which have absorbed photons with enough energy to kick one of its electrons to upper shell. If hitting radiation (photons) doesn't have enough energy to do that they're just absorbed and energy goes for increasing atom's vibration. (meaning object warms)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by E_T

Originally posted by MrNice
Actually excited atom are those which have absorbed photons with enough energy to kick one of its electrons to upper shell. If hitting radiation (photons) doesn't have enough energy to do that they're just absorbed and energy goes for increasing atom's vibration. (meaning object warms)

en.wikipedia.org...

Amazing there is an equasion for how long it takes for sun light to dispense itself over an object ?? Anyways ... .it looks like someone has done some serious research and not just put it to thought. This makes me feel better about my country paying people to just sit around and think # up ... hehe .. =-0 !!!! Deuce !Thanks for the information !!!

E_T

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
There are now airplanes that when sonar hits them they absorb the sonar, Hence making the play appear to not be there on the radar. If we can make an airplane appear to not be there while flying at supersonic speeds. Then why can't we figure out a way to control sun light

Hmmm ... sounds simple enough. Hmmm ... Earth services , star, moons, asteroids, they all seem to bounce light off of them when the sun is shining on them ... How ??? What makes them so differnt or is it just that we can see it because the world behind the star or whatever is so dark.
PS. Sonar is used underwater and uses soundwaves unlike radar which uses electromagnetic radiation.

And stealth planes are based as much to shaping them so that incoming beam from radar is scattered and reflected as much as possible to other directions than where radar is.

Neither are solar system bodies mirrors, they just show because they're like most of matter: they don't absorb all incoming radiation but instead reflect/scatter part of it back. (this reflectivity is called as albedo which is ratio of reflected light compared to incoming light)
You see things and objects because they reflect part of light hitting them, and color depends on which parts of spectrum (wavelengths) they absord and which they reflect. White object reflects whole visible spectrum evenly (/absorbs it, but only small percent of radiation) and black objects absorb whole visible spectrum.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I kinda understand about how particles hit metal or whatever and reflect what you see. ... But is there any type of material that will Reflect 100% of light instead of taking a peice of it.

top topics

join