It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
UPDATE!

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Vietnamese air force planes on Saturday spotted two large oil slicks in the area where a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 vanished earlier in the day, the first sign that the aircraft carrying 239 people on board had crashed.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

All right here my friend. =)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
To me this is ridiculous. They use their fancy satellite equipment that can scan all ocean floors and pinpoint a person on the toilet, for science. But when lives are at stake, just the old fashioned search equipment used????

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Suspicious at the very least: CNN reporting right now that two passengers on the plane appeared to be traveling under stolen passports. One was an Italian didn't hear country of the other.
Also saying what ever happened was quick and catastrophic.

1975 New York I was getting ready to leave work at a freight broker on NY Blvd about three blocks from Rockaway Blvd which boarders the approach runway to JFK airport when an unbelievable loud crashing sound brought everyone to attention. It was storming and thunder had been heard for a while but this was so much louder and the building shook. Eastern Airlines flight 66 crashed upon approach scattering debris over the busy NY street. No one on the ground was hurt but nearly all of the people on board were killed. One passenger was a three month old baby. I had a two month old at the time and that plus the fact that I heard and felt the crash has kept the details of this crash fresh in my mind all of these years. A few years after this I worked at a different broker and a girl there lost her parents in a commercial airline crash in Texas. Many years later flying to Orlando and my husband , who was on his very first flight says look at that plane right under us. I looked and nearly fainted. That night on Orlando news we heard of the near midair collision of two planes over the skies of Orlando. Just too close for comfort for me. Too few degrees of separation. I don't fly often but when I do I am nervous during take off and landing.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The search area is very large. Over four thousand square miles. What technology are you talking about and is it in place over the ocean? I don't know what kind of search technology you could be talking about and this very sad fact, most people won't survive a plane crash, probably makes this technology a moot point anyway. Do you think it's possible that anyone survived this? I do not.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

www.noaa.gov...

You know the rumor, they can read a liscence plate from space. I know this is outrageous. If lives are at stake, pull out the archaic crap.

Isn't it a tad ironic that flight 777 is missing on march 7, 2014, which is also a 7.

edit on 8-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Unity_99
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

www.noaa.gov...

You know the rumor, they can read a liscence plate from space. I know this is outrageous. If lives are at stake, pull out the archaic crap.

Isn't it a tad ironic that flight 777 is missing on march 7, 2014, which is also a 7.

edit on 8-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

I think it ironic that you have a overly optimistic expectation of technology and an attraction to numerology.

edit on 8-3-2014 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Unity_99
To me this is ridiculous. They use their fancy satellite equipment that can scan all ocean floors and pinpoint a person on the toilet, for science. But when lives are at stake, just the old fashioned search equipment used????

I've thought of this too, many times in fact. As it happens, it's at the core of what my degree will be related to, actually. At least, the technology is.

I think it's a lack of computer power, as incredible as that sounds and as big as our computers are ...the oceans are bigger. The square miles to compare and contrast every sq foot of and distinguish things like kelp from oil at whatever angle just isn't quite there yet. It's all I can figure.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

what's the point of starting another thread on this topic when their is already a very active one found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Unity_99
\

I kinda think it has something to do with cloud cover is why they can't use satelite imagery.

Say the plane wreckage was buried under a color when they took the imagery.

A air and boat search is more plausible as you don't get that cloud cover.

I gave u a star anyway for your concern of human life.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Please continue the conversation in the existing thread.

new topics

top topics

join