It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ZonedOut invites every man and woman to become a law unto themselves!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
To my dear fellow ATS members ...

Earlier today I had the opportunity to read the following thread called CPAC's Conservative-Libertarian Split Could Be Hard To Bridge and I followed the links and read the source article.

NOTE: Now that thread I linked to is specifically about ...

what effect this split will have on the 2016 elections.

... and that is NOT the premise of THIS thread so please direct any political answers along those lines to that thread ok. Thanks.

Because, during the course of reading it I noted the following portion of the Source Article ...

Gilmore, who once served as a military intel officer, said Snowden seriously damaged U.S. intelligence efforts. He also accused political leaders who've used Snowden's disclosures to suggest that there's widespread surveillance of average citizens by the federal government of "demagoguery."
Responding to Gilmore, Bruce Fein, a libertarian lawyer who's been involved in a lawsuit against the federal government, said that he ignores the more rampant lawlessness which is "government violating the rule of law."
"All these examples of government lawlessness, total silence on Gov. Gilmore's side," Fein said. "And when the government becomes a lawbreaker,it invites every man and woman to become a law unto themselves."

And that bold and underlined statement illicited an emotionally driven train of thought (hopefully logical & rational) from me along the lines of ...

"Why is that considered a bad thing?"

"Shouldn't people govern themselves?"

"Is it because we don't trust others at all?"

"Aren't we supposed to treat others as if they were our equals?"

"If we don't trust others then we mustn't trust ourselves either and that isn't a sovereign or a publicly decent standpoint!"

"If one is not sovereign then one IS a slave!"

"Slavery is illegal and is also publicly indecent!"

"Self Determination is Sovereignty!"

4 pointed questions and 4 unqualified personal opinions.

It is this mindset that I bring to you ATS and wish to discuss and dissect its implications for us all.

Note: I will brutally point out at this moment that not trusting oneself is a recipe for disaster because fear will be thy master! [This is non negotiable ok!]

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin. Reply to the Governor (11 Nov. 1755)

I felt this was the best way to introduce myself along with my deep feelings and thought processes on subjects that are IMO vital to our human rights and freedoms.

Since ...

“If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?". - (Act III, scene I).”

― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Please grace this thread with your comments about my thoughts and feelings on the subject matter at hand, as I invite and seek your guidance on the issue.

Thank you for reading!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ZonedOut

Free Willy!!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisdolmethSachs

Correct!

Whales don't need any nanny state!

Nor do Freemen!

Thank you for the obscure but inspiring reply!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

ZonedOut
reply to post by ChrisdolmethSachs

Correct!

Whales don't need any nanny state!

Nor do Freemen!

Thank you for the obscure but inspiring reply!

I was thinking more about the strippers I supposed to go see tonight. But yeah whales right

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ZonedOut

welcome to ats, and being the law unto oneself, in my kingdom there are many mansions, and all of them have popcorn and a few of the mansions have lots of things to jump around on, and some of the laws within the mansions allow things like unicorns and giraffe-dancing (with popcorn).

Keep up the thought provoking! Good to meet ya.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thank you for your warm welcome!

I would normally take your comments on 'mansions' as a opportunity to bring up Castle Doctrines and make a case for self defense and gun ownership, BUT I won't muddy such a grand vision and dream with such deep matters right now.

Can I come play at your house one day please? I will bring butter for the popcorn!

top topics

join