It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia’s information warriors are on the march – we must respond

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This is a great thread, and though, not being there to see for myself and not being the trusting sort, I have nothing of immediate value to add, I do look forward to seeing the rebuttals. Not that I'll entirely trust those either, but at least there may be some dialog.bsolutl

One thing's for sure...misinformation and disinformation really do wear us down and keep us from the truth. That doesn't mean we should stop searching for it and questioning everything and letting them know we know. That's my motto, and I'm sticking to it.

ETA: One thing you really have to be to understand all the underlying issues in that area is a master historian (no easy trick there either with the way history is written). The people I'd be more prone to trust are those still living who witnessed the dynamics in that region of the world first-hand, from either side. Too bad they're the ones who are probably least likely to come here to ATS and too bad the best we'd probably be able to do is get anecdotal evidence, and too bad they're also probably the ones who know they will be vilified.

That bit about telling Jewish people to leave Kiev? Wow...classic. I'm absolutely speechless at the transparency there.

edit on 3/8/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
after all the eproven nato un BS iraq, and afgahnistan and palistien ETC
Could it be they are marching in response to umm, writers like you XC?
edit on 8-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

only dim chicken hawks have forgotten colin powels 50 lies
edit on 8-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

What people like you don't understand is that Internet has made Monopoly over information by US government no longer 100%

And as hard as you try, and you are working overtime, providing your biased pro US pro NATO threads.

The people will get all kinds of information from net, not just yours, and make up their mind.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Would you believe that I honestly didn't really buy into outside forces working in Kiev uprising.

But then, holy crap, on ATS I see opposition leaders with snipers, videos of protestors being shot by their own.

THE Pro Western BANKER GUY installed as the new president of Ukraine.

And that's when I was like...........oooohhhh that's why McCain was there giving speeches.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiPrivateWestBankers

Pro-something or another forces are always at work, aren't they? And always at the same time in an opportunistic manner. There are probably a hundred forces and agendas at work here, from every compass point, some long-standing and some newly formed, some of it just noise and some more than real. For example, one thing I've been watching for a decade now is the relationship between Germany and the EU and Germany and Russia, which makes everything for me take on a whole new slant with everything else considered.

So this in and of itself means nothing. They negate each other, and so what you have to ask is what is most logical and most importantly, what do the people want, not just the noisy people or the ones shooting each other or swinging their d*cks or stuffing fistfuls of money into their pockets. It is only then that the truth starts to emerge, and not easily there either.

Overall, the best we can hope for is that there is no collateral damage.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
OP source is another war propaganda effort.

I hate war, so many people die needlessly, I should add more effort against "them", I'll post everywhere so people can join in "our fight" against "them", these Ukraine people need help and we will "help them" in all kind of "support" they need. For Ukraine peace, "they" must be stop!
/sarcasm

It was prophesied, in the end of time, two party are in war, both in the name of "Peace".

Its funny how tiny UN position and aid and army etc etc etc in the MSM.
Yeah
No UN peacekeeper etc, nothing, funny isnt it ? Everybody forgot UN I guess.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

The prophesy for the end of times is the war between good and evil, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It might just be between two evil powers . It would sure explain (them) wanting us to chose sides .Think about the two choices they give us to determine which one of their puppets they want us to choose between .That may be why I don't vote . I used to say "don't blame me I voted NDP ...it's Canadian lol
edit on 8-3-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: spelling ..its mostly spelling :>(

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by NullVoid

The prophesy for the end of times is the war between good and evil, isn't it?

I dont really know, but I would call it "between the righteous and the truth"

Google: In the name of Peace
Nothing peaceful on the first page of - About 346,000,000 results.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Interesting, especially given who wrote the article.

Anne Applebaum is married to Poland's Minister of Foreign Affairs Radosław Sikorski.

From Radosław Sikorski's biog

'From 2002 to 2005, he was resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C. and executive director of the New Atlantic Initiative. He was editor of the analytical publication European Outlook and organized international conferences on topics such as UN reform and the 25th anniversary of the Solidarity movement. He appeared before the U.S. House of Representatives’ Committee on Foreign Affairs as an expert on Atlantic issues.'

CFR are always there somewhere.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

SubTruth

The news is nothing but lies........Even ATS is filled with agents of both sides playing games. The Pro-Russia crap seems so scripted. They are kinda easy to spot.

In the world of today it is very hard to figure out who is passionate and who is being payed.

Indeed.Back in the cold war days it was called"following the party line".Just parrots and I expected to see it here,of course.How many"Members"registered on 3/5?And uncannily are ridiculously fervant Russian supporters...go figure.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
I read some of your previous posts on the matter, and what I could see is that you're heavily biased, supporting only western propaganda. IMO

I can make the same argument for those who are using Russian propaganda, especially when they outright attack the western source before looking at it. As for heavily biased - Pot, meet Kettle.

Secondly my issue is with the Russian government and its actions towards Ukraine / Crimea.

zilebeliveunknown
By writing this post do you admit you made a mistake?

Not at all. The intent was to see if we could lay out the issues, see what both sides of the media are saying and see if we can find a kernel of truth somewhere in the middle. I have used Russian media for some of my posts (which goes back to people needing to read the posts and not just gloss over them).

Based on the number of people in this thread who didn't bother to read the op, getting rebuttals apparently will take a backseat to personal attacks. If people cant attack the facts, they attack the person.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

every side is lying, no one is telling the truth.

I wouldn't be surprised and am leaning more towards a bankster funded coup using agent provacetuers ala hired mercenaries, info warriors, and other manipulations all to gain access to all the gas wells, pipelines, and bring Ukraine deeper into the E.U. fold.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

dominicus

I wouldn't be surprised and am leaning more towards a bankster funded coup using agent provacetuers ala hired mercenaries, info warriors, and other manipulations all to gain access to all the gas wells, pipelines, and bring Ukraine deeper into the E.U. fold.

Then you will need to make that argument about the banker theory to both sides. The former Ukrainian President was heavily funded / supported by the oligarchs in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Xcathdra

dominicus

Then you will need to make that argument about the banker theory to both sides. The former Ukrainian President was heavily funded / supported by the oligarchs in Ukraine.

and the oligarchs are best friends with the banksters.

bet you $.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Anyone able to confirm / debunk this?

Maidan activists take Russian Embassy in Kiev under control

Representatives of the "self-defense of Maidan" took the building of the Russian embassy in Kiev under control, Ukrainian media say. The activists reportedly stand against the invasion of the Russian army in the Crimea.

Hundreds of Kiev residents picketed the Russian Embassy last week demanding to stop aggression on the territory of Ukraine.

Yesterday, Russian President Vladimir Putin held an operational meeting with members of the Russian Security Council. As president's spokesman Dmitry Peskov said, the meeting discussed the situation in Ukraine, including the decision of the Supreme Council of the Crimea to join the Russian Federation.

On March 1, Crimea's new prime minister asked Russian President Vladimir Putin to ensure peace in the country. The same day, the Federation Council approved the address from the Russian president to deploy a limited contingent of Russian troops in the Crimea in order to protect the population of the peninsula. A little later, press secretary Dmitry Peskov said that the president had not made the decision to deploy Russian troops in the Crimea. It was purely a prerogative of the president, Peskov said. Putin later said that he was not planning to deploy troops to Ukraine. In addition, he denied reports saying that Russian troops blocked a range of strategic facilities on the peninsula.

Or is this just propaganda to justify invading Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

tri-lobe-1
has Russia oped fire on Ukraine?...no
has England done anything? ....no
has the us done anything?.....no
has the eu done anything?.....no
has nato done anything?......no

I believe England, US and EU made the mess in the first place.
And don't make a mistake, we are absolutely not going to fire first.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Etherguide

tri-lobe-1
has Russia oped fire on Ukraine?...no
has England done anything? ....no
has the us done anything?.....no
has the eu done anything?.....no
has nato done anything?......no

I believe England, US and EU made the mess in the first place.
And don't make a mistake, we are absolutely not going to fire first.

Actually you did fire first...

Ukraine border guards patrol plane comes under fire

(Reuters) - A Ukrainian border patrol plane came under fire while flying at about 1,000 meters (3000 feet) near the administrative border with Russian-occupied Crimea on Saturday, the border guards said.

No one was hurt when gunmen opened fire on the unarmed aircraft, a spokesman said. The Diamond light aircraft was flying three crew on an observation mission, the spokesman said.

Russian forces took control of Crimea last week. Pro-Moscow separatists have declared the region part of Russia and plan a referendum for March 16 to confirm it.

Click link for remainder of article.

if you want we can post the incidents where Russian / "Self Defense Forces" are attacking reporters / media as well as civilians who are not pro Russian.

Is the outside world justified in invading Crimea to prevent the Russian forces from targeting them?
edit on 8-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

your title: Russia’s information warriors are on the march

That's alright the U.S.A.'s disinformation warriors have been on the march for years. Tit for tat !

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Diisenchanted

your title: Russia’s information warriors are on the march

That's alright the U.S.A.'s disinformation warriors have been on the march for years. Tit for tat !

Hence, its enough of endulging this individual with the attention he garners for his handlers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join