It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Agents Mistaken for Kidnappers Burned in Mexico City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Agents taking pictures at a school were mistaken for kidnappers and brutalized by an angry mob, ending with the agents being burned alive. Apparently, the people are increasingly frustrated by what they feel is a lack of investigation to recent kidnappings.

start.earthlink.net
Federal police director Adm. Jose Luis Figueroa told local media that the three agents went to the school on Mexico City's southeastern outskirts in an unmarked car as part of an operation against drug dealing.

The killings, filmed and broadcast on local television stations, were carried out by a crowd of people who cheered, chanted and shouted obscenities as they kicked and beat the agents. The mob then dowsed two officers with gasoline and set them ablaze.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is one of the most horrible stories I've heard in a while. It also seems this is not an isolated incident, but rather a trend in an increasingly frustrated city of people who are provoked into taking matters into their own hands due to lack of faith in the local authorities.

I must say, considering the amount of time between when the agents were first confronted and when the authorities finally got through (too late for two of them), one must wonder about their effectiveness.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If someone can get a hold of this video on orgish.com U2U me. I don't have an account there but I would love to see what happened to these two guys.

EDIT: Probably should have used 'want' instead of 'love'

[edit on 11/24/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I would love to see what happened to these two guys.

You would love to see two people being burned alive?....

I would rather not see that, but I am certain there are more people like you out there.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
You would love to see two people being burned alive?....

I wouldnt love to see it. But I want to see it. Deny Ignorance and for that matter Censorship. Because believe it or not, censorship is a severe form of ignorance. Can you handle life Muaddib?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Can you handle life Muaddib?

I can handle life with no problems... but what life is it that you want that "you love to see images of people being burned alive?" There is more to life than "watching people being burned alive...."

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well, I really thought this would be a discussion about why the gov't has gone so wrong that people are taking things to such extremes and getting away with it for hours.

These guys were held for a long time, filmed in a pretty horrific state (bloodied) and then set on fire alive on camera. This is not an isolated incident. What has gone wrong in Mexico? Is there any policing at all? I just find it frightening and unbelieveable.

new topics

top topics

join