It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning - New Facebook Virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I know a lot of folks around here do not use Facebook, but a few of you do so if you haven't already heard -

www.komando.com...

This racy Facebook video isn’t what it seems – avoid it!

There’s a new scandalous video link going around Facebook that you might see in the coming days. Naturally, if you click it, it will take you to a site that tries to install a virus on your computer.

What makes this video link interesting is how it hooks you. And it seems to be effective since 2 million people have already been infected.

So, what does it say? It promises to show one of your Facebook friends – the link pulls a random name – naked.

Seriously.

Whether you want to see your friend naked (I know you wouldn’t do that), or you’re just checking it out so you can warn your friend, don’t click.

If you click, you’ll go to a site that looks exactly like YouTube. As soon as you arrive, the site will start looking for weaknesses in your browser to try and slip a virus through.

If that wasn’t enough, it will show you an error message saying that the Adobe Flash Player has crashed. To continue watching, you need to download an update. Of course, if you download and run the file, it’s really another virus.

If it isn't helpful to you, maybe it will be to some of your family members or friends. I figure it's always nice to have a heads up on the new viruses... it could save lots of time and sometimes lots of money.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.

Although using Facebook is like eating McDonald's. You get what you deserve.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Metallicus
Thanks for the heads up.

Although using Facebook is like eating McDonald's. You get what you deserve.

Ha!! Good point.
I've never heard it put quite that way... but it makes sense.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Lucky me, I'm not infected by Facebook virus OR that virus.
Who want to see me almost naked ?
Here

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This new social network is the true facebook virus, it will kill facebook too.

tsū is a free social network and payment platform that shares up to 90% of revenues with its users.

Check here: tsu.co

new topics

top topics

join