It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perry / Paul 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just a prediction for the prediction forum.
Mods, if this is more political and less prophecy then please move to grey area...

Just a thought,
I can totally see Rand Paul and Rick Perry somehow teaming up and slam dunking the 2016 election.

I'm by no means a republican and I'm not a democrat anymore either.
I'm liberal in a "whatever lets party" mode but not in a "please provide for me and tell me what I'm allowed to have" way.

I'm not sure if I'm anything anymore, or if it even matters.

But I am calling Perry Paul on this one.

Unless someone else also predicted this. Which could be the case since I didn't check, because I'm not really anything anymore and deep down inside the fight is already over and we might as well accept the fact that our grandkids are going to end their lives in a grey, emotionless, star trek world.

Sen. Rand Paul urged the thousands that turned out for the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) to imagine electing a “friend of liberty” to the White House who will defend the Constitution and push back against a federal government that is trampling over their individual rights.
Mr. Paul, a likely 2016 presidential contender, suggested that he might fit the bill, and said it will take a “national revival of liberty” to restore the constitutional rights that have have been under assault by the Obama administration.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

www.washingtontimes.com...

Texas governor Rick Perry broke through as a serious presidential hopeful Friday with a spirited speech to a cheering crowd at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

Perry brought the audience to its feet with a call to bring the successful conservative policies of red state governors to the national level.

Perry took jabs at targets including New York, California, and the Department of Education, noting that common-sense governance has been absent not only from blue states but from Washington, D.C.

“It’s time for a little rebellion on the battlefield of ideas,” the Texas governor said, paraphrasing Thomas Jefferson.

“We don’t have to accept recent history — we just need to change the presidency,” Perry continued. “We must elect the right kind of leaders to represent us to Washington.”

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Jessie Ventura and howard stern i say !!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

That. Would be.
Even weirder

edit on 7-3-2014 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
Jessie Ventura and howard stern i say !!

Well it sounds strange but as jesse put it , he can get air time from Howards show and not worrie about a media black out.

Also they won't assassinate jesse to put howard in office lol

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Also....

Clinton / Winfrey

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

and there you go
boom

see you in twenty years when the s### clears up and the wildlife picks back up

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think that Rick Perry is much too establishment Republican to be on the Rand Paul ticket. I think that you're wrong with that one. I'd even go so far as to say that there are very few conservatives that are Libertarian enough to be on a Rand Paul ticket. His dad? I even doubt that one.
edit on bSat, 08 Mar 2014 00:09:39 -0600am66America/Chicago3amSaturday08America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Perry? Your memory must be as bad as his was during the debates.

He didn't even know the voting age.

You - like most tea partiers are out of touch with the masses.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

I say Cruz with Paul as VP.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

That sounds accurate. I forgot about Cruz.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Daughter2
Perry? Your memory must be as bad as his was during the debates.

He didn't even know the voting age.

You - like most tea partiers are out of touch with the masses.

Yeah ... Perry was an embarrassment and nobody takes Paul seriously (for good reason or not). I really cant see either men making much of a dent in 2016.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
I think that Rick Perry is much too establishment Republican to be on the Rand Paul ticket. I think that you're wrong with that one. I'd even go so far as to say that there are very few conservatives that are Libertarian enough to be on a Rand Paul ticket. His dad? I even doubt that one.
edit on bSat, 08 Mar 2014 00:09:39 -0600am66America/Chicago3amSaturday08America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

I was kinda with you up until this part -

There are very few conservatives that are Libertarian enough to be on a Rand Paul ticket. His dad? I even doubt that one

What the? Are you serious??? His dad has propped up the Libertarian party more than anyone in this day and age. "Libertarian" wouldn't even be a known party right now if it weren't for Ron. You've got it backwards. RAND is not Libertarian enough for his dad!

I seriously have no idea where some people are getting their ideas from right now. It's really disturbing though.

ETA - Sorry for the star, I wish I could take it back, I clicked it too soon..
edit on 8-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Perry and Paul have very little in common. Forget the CPAC speeches. Look to their voting records, look at their stances on issues.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Lol. I think that you got just a tad bit confused. I was simply saying that I can't see father and son on the same ticket (for reasons I can't explain). Calm down. I wasn't saying anything about him not being Libertarian enough. Besides, if you think that any politician is ever going to have your back when the going gets rough, you are sorely mistaken. I remember watching Fox News, and seeing Rand Paul hesitate to defend Edward Snowden, when the issue first came up. They ultimately just care about their votes. And please read my comments fully before simply reacting. I don't have the patience.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Actually, to be fair, I reread my comment and wasn't to clear with what I said. Sorry about that.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
For those of you saying that Perry and Paul have too little in common to be on the same ticket, think again. It would be about trying to speak to both halves of the party - the libertarian/TEA Party half and the more establishment half. The only thing I see about that ticket is it's lack of "diversity."

I'd like to see someone like Allan West, Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio to balance the ticket. Each one has their problems, but each also is not just another "old white man." If the Dems are determined to anoint Clinton, they need that diversity.

But, I think one of the smartest moves that could be made would be for the 'Pubs to convince Limbaugh to enter the primary. Bear with me, he doesn't actually intend to run as a serious candidate, but sticks it out until the end just to draw fire from the media. Then, he drops out right before the convention. That would be about as entertaining as nominating Ann Coulter for SCOTUS just to listen to hear her smart @ss replies to the Democrat Senators on the confirmation committee. You gotta admit, if Limbaugh did it, the primary debates would be a lot more entertaining.

new topics

top topics

join