It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Prove The Existence of The Real World?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by St0rD

If it does exist without an observer, it wouldn't be in any form that we could recognize. The double-slit experiment pretty much proves that in my opinion. Fortunately, there always has been and always will be an observer(s) to keep the balance in order.

I said it could exist without an observer within the material dimension, but that doesn't mean there is no observer elsewhere.

May I ask where was the material observer of the universe right after the big bang?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
The world we see around us is created within the mind, there is no "outside" because everything we experience is "within" the mind.

The double-slit experiment is a great example of how this is true. If there is no observer, things do not act as they are expected to. We as observers have a very profound effect on reality and it could be said that we are the catalyst of reality itself.

In my opinion the double-slit experiment is screaming at us to look at ourselves for the answers. In my opinion, there is nothing apart from the mind and nothing exists outside of the mind. Whatever we perceive to be "outside" is only an illusion and/or hologram.

Can you elaborate the double slit experiment?

Good question OP
It really makes me think and wonder.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource
reply to post by AlienView

I actually believe that we live in a simulation. I made a thread about it awhile back you might like.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think that without something or someone to observer the universe it still exists however, I feel it's more like a light switch turned off or on. The light switch is always there however the light does not turn on until you flip the switch.

Does everyone you come in contact with share different "experiences" or is that just your mind making it look that way? I don't think anyone could answer that question except "you".

With all respect that is the "card" played to desensitise life. Simulation or real life, what you have is life now so to go and disrespect it by making it out like a microprocessor will not empower you at all.
These are just my thoughts. You could always let the program take full control if you feel that way. It is better than wasting away thinking you are the 0 when you are the 1. Assuming you are the one. You are human correct?

To be truly honest with yourself the only thing you know at this moment in time is that "you" (in my case "I") exist. Everything you experience is in your mind. Married for 50 years? Was it just your mind that wanted to be with someone and poof you met your wife/husband? Again you cannot prove anything except "you exist". The experiences you have had with your wife/husband/father/mother/brother/sister/friend has only been experienced through "your" eyes. You can ask them how they feel and again their response is shared through "your" mind. Does that mean you should go out and act however you want to anyone? Of course not! You still can't prove they are "real" however.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

St0rD

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by St0rD

If it does exist without an observer, it wouldn't be in any form that we could recognize. The double-slit experiment pretty much proves that in my opinion. Fortunately, there always has been and always will be an observer(s) to keep the balance in order.

I said it could exist without an observer within the material dimension, but that doesn't mean there is no observer elsewhere.

May I ask where was the material observer of the universe right after the big bang?

Outside our known universe is where the observer was.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

I actually believe that we live in a simulation. I made a thread about it awhile back you might like.

I think that without something or someone to observer the universe it still exists however, I feel it's more like a light switch turned off or on. The light switch is always there however the light does not turn on until you flip the switch.

Does everyone you come in contact with share different "experiences" or is that just your mind making it look that way? I don't think anyone could answer that question except "you".

With all respect that is the "card" played to desensitise life. Simulation or real life, what you have is life now so to go and disrespect it by making it out like a microprocessor will not empower you at all.
These are just my thoughts. You could always let the program take full control if you feel that way. It is better than wasting away thinking you are the 0 when you are the 1. Assuming you are the one. You are human correct?

To be truly honest with yourself the only thing you know at this moment in time is that "you" (in my case "I") exist. Everything you experience is in your mind. Married for 50 years? Was it just your mind that wanted to be with someone and poof you met your wife/husband? Again you cannot prove anything except "you exist". The experiences you have had with your wife/husband/father/mother/brother/sister/friend has only been experienced through "your" eyes. You can ask them how they feel and again their response is shared through "your" mind. Does that mean you should go out and act however you want to anyone? Of course not! You still can't prove they are "real" however.

Look I am on earth. Clearly you are not. There really is no basis for what you say because I know I am real and everything I observe with my eyes is real. I chose this behaviour personally but you are free to chose yours also.
I act how I want to anyone so you will need to consider the fact I have my own compass and will take full responsibility for my actions. I am not living in any denial here bro.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by St0rD

But how does it appear to another type of observer, say an alien species that has a different sensory apparatus? Do they see existence the way humans do? And still we might wonder if an 'ultimate reality' exists. Or, and I tend to think this way, is reality hopelessly bound to the observer? And, consider this, if the real world is bound to the observer could the observer actually change the real world by observing it differently? Are you as humans effecting the world you live in because of the way you are observing it and becuase you are interpreting what you perceive to be the real world in a certain way? Once man could not imagine traveling faster than the speed of sound, today he does it often; Today your science says you can not travel faster than the speed of light - and yet some say alien saucers are visiting this planet often [UFOs] - the ultimate answer to the existence of an unobservable universe may remain speculative but the existence of another parallel and yet still [for now] unobservable universe can now be imagined - Human imagination is [and always has been] part of the equation.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

Look I am on earth. Clearly you are not. There really is no basis for what you say because I know I am real and everything I observe with my eyes is real. I chose this behaviour personally but you are free to chose yours also.
I act how I want to anyone so you will need to consider the fact I have my own compass and will take full responsibility for my actions. I am not living in any denial here bro.

You have the right to feel/think however you want whenever you want. Besides your bodies "senses" please tell me how you can "prove" anything is real without your perception?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
go and swim with a shark.....they'll answer this question....
go and play with a lion......they'll answer your question.....

mother nature shows us existence....from the mirco to macro...

its not her problem....if we humans are lost in our imagined thoughts..and fail to understand our existence and place in the universal existence that surrounds our rock in space....

thank nature.... existence happens reguardless of the greatest ponderings of mice and man...

play with a shark.....find out about existence....then get back to us...

no scientific or philosophical theories were harmed in this post...

existence in Australia is real.....30 million people will back my personal opinion....

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

You have the right to feel/think however you want whenever you want. Besides your bodies "senses" please tell me how you can "prove" anything is real without your perception?

All I have is my perception and my interpretation of the events. It is all I ever had and all I will ever have.
Please tell me why anyone can think otherwise is what I am interested in right now?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

tri-lobe-1
go and swim with a shark.....they'll answer this question....
go and play with a lion......they'll answer your question.....

mother nature shows us existence....from the mirco to macro...

its not her problem....if we humans are lost in our imagined thoughts..and fail to understand our existence and place in the universal existence that surrounds our rock in space....

thank nature.... existence happens reguardless of the greatest ponderings of mice and man...

play with a shark.....find out about existence....then get back to us...

no scientific or philosophical theories were harmed in this post...

existence in Australia is real.....30 million people will back my personal opinion....

Again that is everything you will experience through you, not through the lion/shark/dog/cat/human/etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

All I have is my perception and my interpretation of the events. It is all I ever had and all I will ever have.
Please tell me why anyone can think otherwise is what I am interested in right now?

Why? I think we have been asking these questions from the beginning of time. We ask and try to answer these questions because it is who "we" are.

There is a great video that WeezusGeezus posted about Dr. Sylvester James Gates, Jr. and what he has found in our universe. He found computer code inside our universe.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

Why? I think we have been asking these questions from the beginning of time. We ask and try to answer these questions because it is who "we" are.

There is a great video that WeezusGeezus posted about Dr. Sylvester James Gates, Jr. and what he has found in our universe. He found computer code inside our universe.

It is not easy to explain to everyone but I will try.
There are three versions of you potentially. One at the micro level (spirituality), yourself in the awareness of the now and you at the macro level (religion). The way I see it is that its all the same and the only expression of you that is not distorted is your awareness of the present moment, the now. Our interaction on the internet is not exactly the present moment, that is what is possibly confusing for many people. It is half present from the individual that you are and half illusion of the entity you perceive me to be.
Why look anywhere for diluted refractions of the light when its all right in front of you. Just saying.
edit on 8-3-2014 by ChrisdolmethSachs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

ChrisdolmethSachs

LightSource

It is not easy to explain to everyone but I will try.
There are three versions of you potentially. One at the micro level (spirituality), yourself in the awareness of the now and you at the macro level (religion). The way I see it is that its all the same and the only expression of you that is not distorted is your awareness of the present moment, the now. Our interaction on the internet is not exactly the present moment, that is what is possibly confusing for many people. It is half present from the individual that you are and half illusion of the entity you perceive me to be.
Why look anywhere for diluted refractions of the light when its all right in front of you. Just saying.
edit on 8-3-2014 by ChrisdolmethSachs because: (no reason given)

Actually you hit the nail on the head. I will quote your own words.

It is half present from the individual that you are and half illusion of the entity you perceive me to be.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Particle-wave duality is what I always think of when such a question arises, because it is counter-intuitive, since the behavior of particles being observed will change with absolutely zero physical interaction...they react solely to whether someone is observing them. Personally I feel this definitely bolsters the case for a Creator, whomever one believes that to be, and it raises difficult questions regarding reality.

This is because instead of the main issue being the human brain, instead it is the behavior of the particles that are shot out of an accelerator, and how they react. This could potentially mean that the world around us is interacting with us to a certain degree, as well as the other way around. I think it is virtually impossible to see the world as it truly exists, because there is no way to turn off the subjectivity of the mind.

And considering that humans are all of the same species, and our brains are more or less all the same, we are all going to experience things in a very similar way. But take an autistic person, or a person with brain injuries of some kind. They can see the world much differently. And then other animals, like dogs or cats, also see the world completely differently. There are other factors besides the brain, such as instinct for instance, but such a thing is still driven by the brain. So in essence the brain is our window to the world, as we all know.

So I wonder what things are truly like, if one could observe them without the filters of the brain itself? Take something like all the colors we see. Color has a profound effect on how we view various aspects of our world, yet colors are influenced both by our brains and the reflectivity of anything with a mass significant enough for us to see. So things on other worlds will look differently as well, due to the density of the atmosphere. I think that humans tend to unconsciously view the earth as all there is, and they often don't think about how things look to us on earth only look that way because of certain properties, like the atmosphere. That is not necessarily directly related to the conversation, but it is still interesting to ponder in my opinion.

I believe in an afterlife, in a state of being that is non-physical, and I find myself wondering if such a state of existence will allow for the observance of things in their true form. Such an entity would likely not be restricted to physical laws, and as such will not have a physical brain, which would make ignoring such laws impossible (try going through a wall with a body made of energy, and a brain made of matter, lol). Something else that is totally unrelated, but that I just thought of, is the fact that box jellyfish have no visible brain structure at all, yet they can see and coordinate attacks. How is that possible, when there is no structure to process such information? Just another example of the shortcomings of science in the modern world. So if we cannot even figure that out, how are we going to figure out whether there truly is such a state of being after death?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisdolmethSachs

That is an interesting viewpoint, I have no problem with it. But you are demonstrating your view and perception of how you perceive reality - Others might accept it and others might have other viewpoints - And I would venture to say no two viewpoints will be quite the same - And that brings me back to the original question of whether an 'ultimate reality' even exists? I mean for all we know the currently popular theories of multiple universes may be real and many, if not all of us can be living in different worlds with language and images deluding us into thinking we are all in the same world.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

So I wonder what things are truly like, if one could observe them without the filters of the brain itself? Take something like all the colors we see. Color has a profound effect on how we view various aspects of our world, yet colors are influenced both by our brains and the reflectivity of anything with a mass significant enough for us to see. So things on other worlds will look differently as well, due to the density of the atmosphere. I think that humans tend to unconsciously view the earth as all there is, and they often don't think about how things look to us on earth only look that way because of certain properties, like the atmosphere. That is not necessarily directly related to the conversation, but it is still interesting to ponder in my opinion.

You see all this is related to the mind perceiving it, filtering and defining what it perceives. What I'm questioning here is whether anything can even exist without this quality of mind to perceive and define its existent state? I'm questioning the existence of an ultimate objective reality and I'm thinking, like unicorns, there is no such animal.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

AlienView

That is an interesting viewpoint, I have no problem with it. But you are demonstrating your view and perception of how you perceive reality - Others might accept it and others might have other viewpoints - And I would venture to say no two viewpoints will be quite the same - And that brings me back to the original question of whether an 'ultimate reality' even exists? I mean for all we know the currently popular theories of multiple universes may be real and many, if not all of us can be living in different worlds with language and images deluding us into thinking we are all in the same world.

You would be correct as each to their own goes and flows. Their is no 'ultimate reality' unless you are alone.
Other than that there is a reality of 3D that a person can accept as the substance from which all else flows from, or chase the expressions away from the epicentre of the perception.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

hello ChrisdolmeththSachs...
if I may ....out of your 3 states......spirituality and religion are not parts of my existence.....how do I cope with out these two subjective states.....easy...these are man made constructs to explain...at the moment...things that some people can't explain or grasp....to me these man made explanations solve no problems...answer no great questions of our existence....

many years ago a forward thinking human said ....seek your answers by observing nature....don't try and dominate your environment....fit in and learn....like a tree in the wind....bend when you have to.....to maintain your existence in your world.

do all the other life forms on this planet that we share with ponder...spirituality,,religion or existence...????....of course not,,,
I'd really hate to meet a shark with a bible,koran or any other religious man made book....

Chris....I'm just putting out another point of view....

with respect.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

tri-lobe-1

hello ChrisdolmeththSachs...
if I may ....out of your 3 states......spirituality and religion are not parts of my existence.....how do I cope with out these two subjective states.....easy...these are man made constructs to explain...at the moment...things that some people can't explain or grasp....to me these man made explanations solve no problems...answer no great questions of our existence....

many years ago a forward thinking human said ....seek your answers by observing nature....don't try and dominate your environment....fit in and learn....like a tree in the wind....bend when you have to.....to maintain your existence in your world.

do all the other life forms on this planet that we share with ponder...spirituality,,religion or existence...????....of course not,,,
I'd really hate to meet a shark with a bible,koran or any other religious man made book....

Chris....I'm just putting out another point of view....

with respect.

Thanks for your viewpoint. The three states are a generalised state. To be honest once the mind leaves the local reality their are an infinite states, but the three would represent the platforms to launch from.

For example, inside I can end up inside my own brain with a million potential states.
Outside I can end up in other peoples brains with a million states.
In my own mind there is one state that can move either way with control and not get sucked into the fractal matrix realities too much.

I agree with your point of view though it seems exactly in line with my thoughts from your unique perspective. I never followed any spiritual path or religion myself, so neither are important at all other than the idea expansion for consciousness.
In order to communicate with "programs" that are outdated (minds running of thousand year old texts without factoring in language and culture context changes) I use the spiritual and religion platforms to try bring some context into my crazy thought lol

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
In addition I learned that animals can use humans for experience also.
They are equally as capable as connecting to human consciousness as we are to them and other humans. The difference being that humans have a choice also to listen and have more expressive capabilities, at least in the sense that we can vocalise language into written symbols and pass it around on written form.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join