It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Prove The Existence of The Real World?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Notice I am saying 'the real world' not a real world. This would mean you have to prove the existence of what some might call an 'ultimate reality' - a reality that exists independently of the observer and is not effected by the mind of the observer. I question the existence of such a state and admittedly do not know if it exists. Physics and science accepts a priori the existence of the real world and operates accordingly but to my knowledge has never proven the existence of an absolute or ultimate reality that exists independently of the mind[s] observing it. Can you prove that the real world exists and has and will exist even if there is no mind to observe it? Can the world exist without 'mind' or is mind one of the key ingredients in the equations of the so-called real world? And if the observational world requires mind to exist can the observational real world be anything more than a relative concept?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ummm yes ,if everyone has a unique and different view of reality ,then what is realities view of reality....

Interesting indeed

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Universe is going good with or without mind, so ?
edit on 7-3-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

I don't think there is a way to know for sure. I used to want to get there so bad. Then the Matrix movies came out, and I was completely taken aback not realizing other people had the idea too. My idea though is that the highest and only "true" world is no time, no space, no light, no matter. A feeling of stillness that could last a million years without you noticing any time passing.

I don't see the point anymore. How would you ever know how many "levels" down we are? Thinking in this way I feel much better about exploring this world. It's like someone hands you a pizza and then you think what if there is other food out there that is better? What food is the BEST?? May as well eat the pizza while you are waiting to find out, haha. The one thing I think we do have is Time, like forever. Enjoy it while it lasts. Let it pass when it does.

Sounds kind of like relationship advice haha

edit on 7-3-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Yep, the real world is what I can observe through direct point of observation experience. Anything else is just imagination combined with peer pressure to follow a certain code of behaviour non conducive to life all life of the individual.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The world we see around us is created within the mind, there is no "outside" because everything we experience is "within" the mind.

The double-slit experiment is a great example of how this is true. If there is no observer, things do not act as they are expected to. We as observers have a very profound effect on reality and it could be said that we are the catalyst of reality itself.

In my opinion the double-slit experiment is screaming at us to look at ourselves for the answers. In my opinion, there is nothing apart from the mind and nothing exists outside of the mind. Whatever we perceive to be "outside" is only an illusion and/or hologram.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

A very philisophical question, bringing up the ideas of unified consciousness, all the way to individual subjective experience.

Let me answer your question with another question, what isn't real?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
The world we see around us is created within the mind, there is no "outside" because everything we experience is "within" the mind.

The double-slit experiment is a great example of how this is true. If there is no observer, things do not act as they are expected to. We as observers have a very profound effect on reality and it could be said that we are the catalyst of reality itself.

In my opinion the double-slit experiment is screaming at us to look at ourselves for the answers. In my opinion, there is nothing apart from the mind and nothing exists outside of the mind. Whatever we perceive to be "outside" is only an illusion and/or hologram.

This not entirely true from my experience. Yes it is all within the mind but if I punch my friend, who has his own mind in the face. That's real to him and he had zero control over it.
Just floating that idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
much like the saying "if a tree falls in the woods....." (which yes, it does still make a noise by btw)

The concept is very interesting. Every external experience is, in reality, an internal experience. Everything we see, feel, hear, smell and taste is processed in our brains.

I personally believe in the simulation theory and that everything we experience is artificial. It certainly would explain a lot, but then again it would raise many more questions

good thread s+f

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisdolmethSachs

But the pain your friend feels is within his mind as well, hence everything being of the mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

But the pain your friend feels is within his mind as well, hence everything being of the mind.

Yes but it has to do with free will.
I can chose to do such a thing is the point and no matter how developed the mind is, no alchemy can stop this effect.
I am not saying I would participate in this myself but to give you an idea, sometimes I want to punch religious people in the face to see how they will react. To show them they are either subservient or hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

How would one know if anyone else was real? What if everyone else is a creation of the same mind creating these experiences? What if They are as much me as I am me, and I am just experiencing all of these lives individually but almost simultaneously as well?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I can't prove a real world. A world where there is no deceit is not available to us. Maybe some people far away from the societies we have created live in a real world.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

theyknowwhoyouare

How would one know if anyone else was real? What if everyone else is a creation of the same mind creating these experiences? What if They are as much me as I am me, and I am just experiencing all of these lives individually but almost simultaneously as well?

I will be 100% honest with you here. I just treat everyone like they are telling me the truth. Now I know what truth is so people just tell me what is inside their own mind. Then I use body language and observation skills to determine if the mind I am interacting with is grounded to earth reality.
The problem with telepathy is relating everything back to the individuals ego. Causes stress if the ego is on any pedestal.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's one way to perceive the world.

Another way is realizing that we are much more than just a mind that sees. In reality, lies beyond ourselves an infinite universe of possibilities and dimensions that are co-dependant and independant of themselves at the same time. You state there is no consistency to reality if there is no mind to actually observe. So what about those billions of uninhabitated planets that exists consistenly through space and time? What about atomic and sub-atomic levels, which we cannot see with our own eyes?

Let's take it the other way. What if the illusion was this reality? An illusion bended to other illusions, building up dimensions towards the true reality of life, which is, being one in the ultimate source of energy.

In this instance, there is something inside and outside of us at the same time.

We are what we see and we see what we are. Outside and inside. Alpha and omega. Duality.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Another way is realizing that we are much more than just a mind that sees. In reality, lies beyond ourselves an infinite universe of possibilities and dimensions that are co-dependant and independant of themselves at the same time. You state there is no consistency to reality if there is no mind to actually observe. So what about those billions of uninhabitated planets that exists consistenly through space and time? What about atomic and sub-atomic levels, which we cannot see with our own eyes?

Those billions of uninhabited planets still have the potential to be discovered and where there is potential there is existence IMO. when we look into the sky at night, we are seeing those planets even though we don't really "see" them, if you know what I mean.

Hopefully that makes some sort of sense, I'm having a hard time expressing what I mean. It's a difficult concept.

Let's take it the other way. What if the illusion was this reality? An illusion bended to other illusions, building up dimensions towards the true reality of life, which is, being one in the ultimate source of energy.

In this instance, there is something inside and outside of us at the same time.

We are what we see and we see what we are. Outside and inside. Alpha and omega. Duality.

I agree completely!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Those billions of uninhabited planets still have the potential to be discovered and where there is potential there is existence IMO. when we look into the sky at night, we are seeing those planets even though we don't really "see" them, if you know what I mean.

Yes I understand, and I agree it makes sense.

I just feel like the universe doesn't need any living being to observe it in its sphere to exist ultimately. In my opinion, there is always a mind outside of the material world that observes it. And we all know how it is called

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I actually believe that we live in a simulation. I made a thread about it awhile back you might like.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think that without something or someone to observer the universe it still exists however, I feel it's more like a light switch turned off or on. The light switch is always there however the light does not turn on until you flip the switch.

Does everyone you come in contact with share different "experiences" or is that just your mind making it look that way? I don't think anyone could answer that question except "you".

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

LightSource

I actually believe that we live in a simulation. I made a thread about it awhile back you might like.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think that without something or someone to observer the universe it still exists however, I feel it's more like a light switch turned off or on. The light switch is always there however the light does not turn on until you flip the switch.

Does everyone you come in contact with share different "experiences" or is that just your mind making it look that way? I don't think anyone could answer that question except "you".

With all respect that is the "card" played to desensitise life. Simulation or real life, what you have is life now so to go and disrespect it by making it out like a microprocessor will not empower you at all.
These are just my thoughts. You could always let the program take full control if you feel that way. It is better than wasting away thinking you are the 0 when you are the 1. Assuming you are the one. You are human correct?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

If it does exist without an observer, it wouldn't be in any form that we could recognize. The double-slit experiment pretty much proves that in my opinion. Fortunately, there always has been and always will be an observer(s) to keep the balance in order.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join