It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have seen something resembling wispy distortions directly in front of me on a few occasions and felt something resembling a light touch at the same time. I was not afraid of it. In fact it reminds me of a caring female. After I moved from another location across town, I moved into a new house. Roughly a week later, it just seemed like something moved with me. This was in a brand new house where nothing but trees stood before. The place I moved from was less than twenty years old so I am not familiar with spirits only visiting old historical sites.

Lately at work when I am alone, I have been wondering what has been going on at times. Towel dispensers in the bathroom that require a hand in front of the sensor, have occassionally dispensed a towel by themselves. I found it convenient one time because it dispensed just moments before I was going to need one. In the hallway, a couple of times a light has turned on overhead as I walk in the hallway. I do not believe there is any light sensor.

I'm not sure if this is believable or not but I met someone who said she was experiencing some kind of poltergeist type activity. I asked whatever is in my house to go visit and get rid of it. The person claiming she had problems for quite some time claimed all poltergeist activity stopped. A year or so later, she said there was still nothing.

I do not know how truthful some people are who I meet in clubs. I was talking one night about strange things and told one girl about a dust devil that formed around me. She said the same thing happened to her one time. I was thinking now that really does sound like a story that is tough to believe. I never once heard anyone online on ATS ever say they experienced that or even seen it happen but here I was talking to a girl who claimed it happened to her as well. I suspect either she didn't believe me or she made up her story to make it sound like she had a similar experience.
edit on 14/4/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquilifer

That's very interesting. Also interesting advice. I am not at all sure who or what I perceive this visitor to be. I have assumed the worst, I guess, that it's not a good or benevolent presence, but that may just be what I've projected from my own upbringing and preconceived notions. I haven't ever felt dread or threat, etc.

My ears ring loudly all the time, whether I feel it or not. I'd say they sing like cicadas, actually. I don't know if it's anything more than tinnitus but it is loud. I haven't really felt the presence too much lately, mostly when I am tense I think, or stressed out. It just seems like it looks at me, that's all. But I can't look back.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Last night, while I was working on some paperwork, my left-sided figure emerged with the greatest visibility it had yet, initially startling me, but instantly disappearing--it floated over my left shoulder as I was bent over papers, working, and it--the shadowy mass, seemingly the same presence that appears on my left side in the room I was in, and only that room, no matter what position I am in when in it, nor where therein (to account for possible shadows)--and it seemed to engulf my face, then disappeared, and seemed above me, as though descending and wrapping around. It was very noticeable, not as peripheral as previously, but actually coming down onto and around my left shoulder, seemingly more startled by my being startled, than I by it. I have not felt it since, but whatever it is, seems interested in what I do in this room, and always from my left side.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aquilifer

That's very interesting. Are you saying that this happened in the room in which you always have these experiences? That's what it sounds like to me but I wasn't sure. I have still not actually seen anything. No shadow, no nothing out of the corner of my eye, etc., but I feel it as sure as I feel when my wife is standing next to me.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UfoRevealer
My sister and mother went to a psychic a few weeks back and my grand parents came through to them, saying that it was them that have been making the noises in the house and they're laughing at the reactions given, crazy!

Unless your grandparents were psychopaths who enjoyed scaring their grandchildren ... it's not them.

'They notice that you notice' - if you start paying attention to the spooks around you, they will be emboldened and do more things to get noticed. Going to a psychic is going to kick up the energy level of whatever is around you.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Most assuredly, yes; it only happens in the same room, and I have not encountered such an experience like it elsewhere previously or since; only in this same location. Its presence seems to be amplified of late, coinciding, in hindsight, with either of two introductions to my space of sensitive objects which are required to be stored within the room, though I had not considered the correlation until now. If it is a person, I believe I know whom it may be, based on the objects themselves which may evince the correlation, as they are objects pertinent to a certain individual. However, why it appears on my left side, I know not, though in hindsight, might know that source, too, but regarding the matter generally, of these shadowy forms, I have little else to contribute beyond my own specifics.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Hmm, related to sensitive objects required to be stored in the room. Required by whom? I am on the fence about all this. Maybe there is something to the old traditional, superstitious left-sided bad ju-ju. I am leaning more and more to the conclusion that my left side thing is not friendly.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The objects I had mentioned being required to retain in a particular location are circumstantial, and themselves of no paranormal import, as is the origin of the "left" superstition, which I aimed to explicate previously. The entire notion of the left side, left-handed dexterity, the left-hand "path" and such, emerges only in a linguistic corruption of the Latin for "left" which is sinister; our notion of "sinister" does not exist linguistically or culturally using that term until centuries after its original Latin development as a word simply referring to dexterity, not (im)morality or (dis)comfort or "evil". The dexterity of anything is not inherently good or bad, it is a cultural corruption of an otherwise mundane philological truth. Any negativity you perceive in your left-appearing entity is what you assign to it; you could easily come to believe or assign a positive interpretation to all things "left" if you wanted; it is cultural bias making you believe it to be bad, essentially, and a lack of adequate linguistic theory and exposure outside English.

However, I noticed my own left-sided shadow entity, though previously present in my occupation of the room in question, seems only to have been heightened moderately when the necessity of storing in that room of certain objects presented itself. The correlation is simply my own, and like the "left" vs. "right" debate or superstition, has only the correlation I wish it to. The likely, if any paranormal correlation, is something coinciding I am not noticing or cognizant of. I thought, only maybe, the arrival of certain items into that room might have had some cause, though I cannot say if they had or not.

Regardless, your encounter will have only the relevance, import, value, and influence, you wish and will to give, or not at all give, thereunto. Such is how Life in general works; you are in full command of your own Perception, and what you make your Interpretation of all and whom you encounter, living or otherwise, to be shall reflect that. So, do not fear whatever entity you are perceiving; the similarity of you encountering it--that is to say, Perceiving it--on your left side, is similar to my own, but the values we are assigning differ, that is all. I do not will mine to be a bad influence, and it is not. You seem to be possessed of an innate fear of it, simply because it is perceived on your left side, again, the only credence of which is superstition based on poor, and utter, lack of cultural scholarship over centuries, otherwise obviating the true meaning of sinister, which is, simply, "left", not "evil".
edit on 25-4-2014 by Aquilifer because: Stylistic improvements.

edit on 25-4-2014 by Aquilifer because: Typograhical error--corrected.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I simply observe that other beings are not at my command. Neither in the physical realm or the ethereal. Just because we want some entity to be nice or we can imagine it that way has nothing at all to do with the reality of the situation. Just as it has nothing to do with the reality of someone who is attacked by a mugger or rapist. You can imagine all you want but all that makes up reality is outside of your perception not inside.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join