It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
First off I'd like to say something, I AM a strong believer in the paranormal, but only due to past experience.

Especially more since my sister recently contacted a psychic and he told her that she had "the gift" she's admitted that every time she follows his instructions, she sees an old lady which waves at her and toddles off on her journeys.

Buuuut,

Here we go.

Lately, and by that I mean these last few weeks I have been experiencing a sort of "walk by" in the corner of my eyes in my bedroom, dont ask what by because to be quite honest, I haven't a clue myself.

Every time that i am in my bedroom, I feel like I am being watched and I constantly see these shadowy figures through the corner of my eyes, I also see transparent figures, like something cloaked or a faint figure. They dont do much, just walk past and as soon as I look they vanish.
its hard to explain.

I've heard if shadow people and other spirits, but I haven't a clue.. I dont think I really want to know what it is!

Its been getting progressively worst, now there is scratches and other sounds at daft o'clocks in the morning.

My sister and mother went to a psychic a few weeks back and my grand parents came through to them, saying that it was them that have been making the noises in the house and they're laughing at the reactions given, crazy!

Back on track though, I seen a few of these figures when I was based down Yorkshire, but since being home I'm seeing them alot more and more.

What I'm trying to ask is, has anyone else seen anything of the sort or is experiencing anything similar, I feel as though I am slowly losing my mind!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Perhaps a microwave burst from space to your brain altered your perception of reality.
I am aware of what can happen when the superego is inflated to take the mind out of reality. Called going "out of your mind". Basically your mind is being pulled into a realm of consciousness called the 5th dimension, where it can be fractured and splintered making it hard to hold onto reality on earth (4th dimension). Sure weird # exists, so do miracles however once it understood its not so weird. Like Al Yankovic.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UfoRevealer

Happens to my wife and I a lot as well,although not much lately.

I see a figure out of the corner of my eye and then a gust of wind sometimes.
We get knocks on the table, the sound of opening and closing doors etc.

So it is not all that unusual.
As to why or who, that I couldn't tell you. It is a mystery for you to figure out.
Whatever comes and goes around here was here before we moved in and will be after we move out.
The things won't communicate with us, although I have tried.

It is an apartment complex though, so there are a lot of different energies roaming around.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It's possible you're seeing something...a spirit perhaps. I could be wrong but it sounds like you're wanting to see things?? Your mind can play tricks on you. If you really want to see things, your imagination will reveal it. If you're over-thinking about all of this - same results.
I had a friend that always felt like someone was around and she was having experiences like you are. I knew her for years. She wanted the "gift" so bad that I think her desire got the best of her. She ended up going a little overboard with it.
If I were you, try not to think about it much for a while. Even if you think you're seeing something, ignore it. Within time you'll know. Just my opinion. Don't believe you're going crazy..... we all go through weird things in our life.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I feel for you but I think psychics are the last thing you need, they will take your money and basically lie to you, confusing you more.

You need to step back and away from the paranormal if you really want to get to the bottom of this and be at peace.

Dont be afraid, your brain hasnt been fried by 5th dimensional microwaves or whatever nonsense that ill informed people will have you believe. The noises in the night are perfectly normal. I get them all the time. Sometimes they are animals, sometimes just the building structure cooling and contracting at night. Nothing to be afraid of.

As for the stuff in the corner of your eye. Thats your peripheral vision, the bit in your eye where the lights refracted through the lens just enough to still hit receptor cells but not enough to present a clear image. Its basically a blur and because your brain is configured to see order in everything it will interpret these blurs as faces or familiar object or even shadow men if thats what youre thinking about at the time. Its an effect often called pareidolia. I bet if you tried you could even intentionally create these shadow images in your peripheral just by thinking about it. Obviously they are not really there, just perceived by the brain in and amongst the blurred shapes.

Dont stress, I am sure you are perfectly sound of mind and the phenomena that you are experiencing are perfectly mundane and normal. Keep your head up, the world isnt the scary place that many on here would have you believe.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Pryde87

Dont be afraid, your brain hasnt been fried by 5th dimensional microwaves or whatever nonsense that ill informed people will have you believe.

LOL can you explain what the hell this is?
What is a 5th dimensional microwave or whatever nonsense that ill informed people, such as yourself splatter?
It is almost as if you took an idea and twisted it to suit your agenda. That's what it looks like to me.
Perhaps you could explain your quote better for the "ill informed" people.
edit on 7-3-2014 by ChrisdolmethSachs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisdolmethSachs

Well you introduced the 5th dimension to this so maybe you could explain that. With the first 3 dimensions being spatial, the fourth being time and the 5th being space time or gravity depending on which scientific theory you prefer, where exactly does your mind "fragmenting" and shadow men fit in to this? And what does it have to do with space time?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Pryde87
reply to post by ChrisdolmethSachs

Well you introduced the 5th dimension to this so maybe you could explain that. With the first 3 dimensions being spatial, the fourth being time and the 5th being space time or gravity depending on which scientific theory you prefer, where exactly does your mind "fragmenting" and shadow men fit in to this? And what does it have to do with space time?

This is really easy for me. Weather you understand it is another thing all together.
Microwaves can come from EM pulses from the Sun. First thing to consider anyway. Or satellites depending on what you know or believe.

So humans/animals are 3D objects that move and experience duration/time.
This field of time/duration/movement is 4D

The brain creates a field of consciousness around the observer. The EM field can receives and send out radiation/energy/thoughts

This non local area of the consciousness which is existing inside and outside the body is 5D

This 5D field has an infinite amount of platforms/sub dimensions, which is really a cool way of saying telepathy exists and the media/internet connects minds without the observer realising. The 5D realm can just keep dividing the more information and self beliefs are installed into the observers awareness.
The 5D realm is only limited through experience from the amount of observers in play within the planets atom sphere, including minerals vegetable and animals (humans are animals by nature).

Example, if their were 5 people on the planet and nothing else telepathy would be very easy. The 5D wouldn't have split into so many sub sections of a lucid reality.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Setup your webcam to record when it detects motion

If your eyes see it, so should the camera.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

I have never seen the so called shadow men. However if you are to time travel you would become such a thing. You would exist outside the frequency of the time you have injected into.

Add some emotional energy and the power of consciousness, nek minute, what you read becomes real to you inside the brain, and sometime even hallucinations occur.

My grandma hit her head bad and everything tasted like liquorice. Would you call that "magic" lol

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

UfoRevealer

... and I constantly see these shadowy figures through the corner of my eyes, I also see transparent figures, like something cloaked or a faint figure.

Do you see a red triangle on you at any point?

Predator, brah.

...and, you see anything like a countdown timer, RUN.

edit on 8/3/14 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Yes, as a matter of fact, I saw a white figure walk past the door that leads into my kitchen on three different occasions tonight.
It wasn't exactly my peripheral vision, but I wasn't looking straight at it either.

I'm glad this one is white. The ones I had been seeing in recent past weeks were very dark gray. Maybe the lighter one has come to run them off, although I never got any negative feelings from them, other than them invading my privacy while I tried to take a shower.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wife had an incident a few days ago. Was trying to sleep and the dogs were acting weird, and she saw something skulking around the bed, putting it's arms over the covers. She turned the light on, to read and try to ignore it (hoping it would leave) and it didn't. It stood up beside her.
Eventually it left.
I felt nothing.

Not the first happening like this, but it was the first in a while.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

UfoRevealer
First off I'd like to say something, I AM a strong believer in the paranormal, but only due to past experience.

Especially more since my sister recently contacted a psychic and he told her that she had "the gift" she's admitted that every time she follows his instructions, she sees an old lady which waves at her and toddles off on her journeys.

If this is true, then it is bad. And gift? They tell every body that. Its just a hook.

By the way what sort of instructions does he give her?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Thank you for the comfort, ive read a little into what you were talking about and seem a little bit more at ease now, thank you!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

She won't tell me personally, hasn't really told anyone.

Once she does, I'll be sure to let you know though, I'm quite curious myself!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I've experienced just this evening, and on others previously, an event almost perfectly-similar to that the OP describes. While I have considered the late hours, and what comes with them--the possible fatigue (mental and/or physical), conversely, the effects of any late-night beverages or mild stimulants, such as caffeine or food so close to bed, the dim and shifting lighting a late-night room is subject to by nature, shadows, peripheral vision--and in recalling each instance such as that described, I can discern none of these being factors immediately linked to my experience, and perhaps the OP can agree. While, otherwise, these factors would account for perceiving faceless forms pass fleetingly by in dark hours and locales, in those which stick-out vividly as memorable incidents, the factors do not add-up rationally.

I often, and almost exclusively, encounter a presence (when it occurs), on my left side, and it seems perhaps to be the figure or feeling of a person leaning over me from my left side, behind me, and very close to me. This only happens in the room in which I currently sleep in my home. Now, my rational thought to consider in this instance is that since it occurs in such a controlled setting--the same room, same position, largely, it must simply be the lighting, of the layout of the space, but it occurs all over the room, if I am standing, pacing, walking, sitting, lying down, each of which, of course, requires different angles and positionings of myself. My convoluted explanation of the otherwise not-so-complex physics of my situation, the presence does not seem hostile, and seems to stay once I notice it, however, if I turn to acknowledge, or speak to admonish it, I feel it disappear. It feels perhaps male, and possibly protective if not simply curious about me.

There are, of course, superstitious traditions of the left side being inherently a sign of something evil; indeed, in Latin, "sinister" is typically the word used to describe what we term the "left" direction ("dexter" is "right", for context). Conspiracy theorists bereft of a linguistic education might think we call the left side of orientation evil or "sinister" after the fact, but the etymology is actually the reverse--the superstition emerges after the historical collisions that brought "sinister" into the English language, and it was not originally a connotation of what we now associate "sinister" in English to mean. That digression aside, why do I only sense this immaterial but fleetingly visible presence on my left side?

My ocular health is pristine, and my neurological similarly sound, so I believe it not to be glaucoma or mild strokes or other explanations posited here. Does anyone else share the OP's experience or mine? Do your "shadow persons" appear only on one side, but follow you 'round the room in which you sense them? To answer the original post, I am someone else who encounters the same, and with slight frequency, if not multiple times through the week, though I can detect no environmental phenomenon rationally permitting it. I happen to reside, presently, in a very aged structure--which gives rise to an observation I posited in another thread, here: why is it that paranormal entities seem so tied to historical structures? Are the spirits themselves "old" and original to the old building? Is there some "turnaround" before "newly dead" entities can "haunt" the living? I've never encountered the paranormal in any more-modern structure in my life, mind you, much of my life and work is in heritage properties in various regions.

A great post, though, and one to which I am glad to have an ability to reply.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquilifer

What you described made bells go off for me. I don't see anything per se, but I sense a presence often, leaning around me from behind on my left side. It sometimes really bothers me, though I try not to pay it any attention. I'm not sure whether I get the feeling that it is necessarily bad, but my upbringing and my beliefs sort of make me pigeonhole it as such. Do you have any issue with ears ringing? I know, seems off topic, but mine ring like crazy and mostly on the left side. I guess I'd like to know if there's a possible link there.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Happens from time to time with me. Often its a shadow like figure and they dart and move quickly just out of sight. But ya I have chased after them before just wondering what they were.

If you feel insecure or are being harmed you might want to some rituals with cleansing and banishment in your place. Also start using affirmations in your meditation on protection.

But who knows if we will ever truly know or understand, its like we get these burst and pieces, but not the whole puzzle.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

My left-sided entity does not produce any sound--internally in my own ear, or outwardly in the room, and certainly not on the left side of the room when I encounter "him".

However, I always have some sort of white noise present--not for its own sake or its aural comfort, but because I always have various things which produce it in my presence; this is crucial to note, for when my left-sided shadow figure emerges, the room goes dead-silent--even with the electronics or other noise-producing forms running. It's as though I completely ignore the white noise when this shadow figure appears hovering over my left side, and instead of the ringing you describe hearing, I go almost "deaf" in my left ear. The weight of its presence is uncanny, and subtly felt by my left side physically, though I do not believe this male presence to be on top of me or hanging off of me.

It also seems to emerge out of shadows of myself, but not exclusively so. If I happen to glance on my own shadow (to my left or not, wherever I am in my room, since this entity only appears in my bedroom), I am compelled to glance on my shadow longer than one might normally, and quickly, another figure dashes "out" from my shadow, and I lose sight of it. Seemingly a simple illusion, but then its presence follows me, but disappears if I concentrate on acknowledging it.

I do not fear it, not it I, but it seems hesitant to communicate with me. I believe it, possibly, to be an ancestral spirit of mine, as I am quite privileged to have a thorough and intimate understanding of the lives of my forebears, much beyond that which typical genealogy supplies most. In fact, I believe it may be a particular grandsire of mine, though one who died centuries before my birth. How I came to suspect this is more intuitive than factual, despite the abundance of facts known to me of my relations and forebears. This is why I say it feels protective, but perhaps fickle and at times timid or not willing to face me head-on. Why the left side, I know not.

Do you have any intuition of what your left-sided visitor might be? Do not rationalize so quickly, but trust whatever thought of sensation appears when you sense its presence. It is in these subconscious moments my notion of a protective grandfather emerges, though the second I start to recall facts and rational data, I lose the sensation, but its presence is there, on my left side, until I turn to face it, or speak to it. It does not lead me anywhere, though I quite wish it would convey some message to me if it has any, otherwise I know not the purpose of its perpetual visit, which has been occurring, as I said, with great rapidity, though not every evening, but often, and anywhere I might be in this room (in which I now compose this reply--though the presence is not with me).

I do not think you should fear your presence, and advise you to be in full possession of your perception, knowing that what you feel is also what you project, so your fear will only be reflected back to you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join