It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It is bothering me that they are backtracking on the statements about the plane going towards the strait of malacca. First they were saying it was "confirmed" that they saw the plane on the radar flying in a direction that was off the original flight path. It makes me think they just don't want anyone searching over there for some reason.

Also if someone were to say hijack the plane to take it to another location, it makes perfect sense to turn off the transponder, fly under the radar to another location so that aircraft controlls would see the last point where they had information from the transponder, and obviously search there which would give enough time for the plane to land somewhere else and potentially be hidden. The only question is why would they want that plane/ who would they want thats on it.

Another thing, its been said many times on this thread that fake/stolen passports are very common there, maybe there are other people aboard that flight who had fake passports.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What would the chances be of the Air traffic controller was having a wee 40 winks at the time, never noticed the plane going off radar and is now trying to cover his arse, but only succeeding in clouding the already murky waters.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I wonder to settle the debate if it was hijacked....could take yrs to prove :/

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Im really starting to wonder about this Malaysian aviation fellow...first leading the initial search offcourse knowing info about military radar...then lying about the iranian man...below article saying the Iranian man was black.....

Article

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Why has nobody confirmed/announced if there were any transmissions sent via SATCOM? Seems to be the elephant in the room - the media currently appears to have an unhealthy tunneled obsession with; radar, ads-b, voice comms, gps, black boxes, etc.

Surely ACARS and engine telemetry data could shine a good dose of light on this incredibly sad fiasco.

Many aircraft today also have Panasonic Avionics high-bandwidth eXconnect GCS (Global Communications Suite) to augment SATCOM.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My speculation:

A systems fault that lead to hypoxia similar to the Helios Airways Flight 522 incident could explain the disappearance of Flight 370.

The flight crew attempt a change of direction either back to KL or another airport, which would explain the redirection of the flight. Autopilot carries the plane along what ever heading the plane is on until the plane runs out of fuel and drops from the sky.

Given the range of a flight fueled for a trip from KL to Beijing , the jet could be almost anywhere in Southeast Asia or the Indian Ocean.

The pressurization failure may have been part of a larger cascade failure of other systems that would explain other electrical failures in the cockpit.

Helios Airways Flight 552: August 14, 2005

As mentioned already on this thread, AirFrance447 disappeared over the Atlantic and no floating debris was spotted for a week.

AirFrance 447: June 1, 2009

As for phones ringing: I travel internationally often, all over the globe. Often when you call someone internationally, the phone will ring and ring and not be answered even when the phone is not turned on or in range. A very common phenomenon.

While what I have posted fits the facts we know, it is speculation on my part. I wish more people would clarify their theories with the fact they are speculating. Just because you feel you know the truth and "it has to be hijacking" or some other cause, speculation is speculation.

State it as such.

edit on 12-3-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
double post. 50 lashes for me

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

so these days, one of the following 3 characteristics would define a terrorist: mid-east/africa muslim, black, communist asian (except chinese, maybe)

peace

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dodol

For a terrorist act carried out by 'Muslims' , it is illogical to use an airline of a fellow Muslim country for this attack, as despite the large number of Chinese nationals on the passenger list, it is nevertheless a Malaysian aircraft and the attack will rather be seen as directed towards Malaysia than China. Also, criminals in the past have tended to proudly and quickly claim responsibility for such an attack; as far as I know such word is still not out on this accident.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Body wearing lifejacket reported found off Malacca.

The Beijing News reports a source claiming to be a local volunteer assisting in the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has found a dead body wearing a lifejacket

www.wantchinatimes.com...
edit on 12-3-2014 by Monte-Carlo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
We have to stop assuming the 'Media' are lying to us.

They are only speculating, just like the rest of the posters in this thread!

Its all speculation at this point in time as nobody on ATS, the Media or posting on facebook were on the flight!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Monte-Carlo

Why would it be found in Malacca if radar contact was lost near Vietnam? Malacca is South East of Kuala Lumpur.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Boeing777 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Boeing777

Why would it be found in Malacca if radar contact was lost near Vietnam? Malacca is South East of Kuala Lumpur.
The link says Malacca strait. It's a search area because an uncorrelated target (without a transponder) was seen heading that way on radar roughly from the last known position of the missing plane, but they're not sure if it was the missing 777 or not (due to no transponder), which by the way why do people seem to have a hard time understanding this? If there's no transponder of course they don't know what the target on radar was for sure. It could have been the missing 777 or an unrelated plane smuggling drugs for all we know.

See purple dotted line for possible flight path:

edit on 12-3-2014 by Arbitrageur because: added image

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

research100
reply to post by Bilk22

on the 11pm news right now..newscaster says the families are calling and the phones are still ringing...still talking about the pilot having pretty ladies in the cockpit on an earlier flight....that's all they said
Yeah I don't think this wreck will be found until things cool off and it's almost forgotten. Then they can put a junker out there somewhere and claim it was this flight. Well that is if it's even necessary at that point. We all might be preoccupied with something else a bit more troubling by then. But if anyone finds it now, it will be the Chinese.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

so far it's just a body wearing a life jacket, nothing more. curious? sure. but so far no proof of any relation to the flight. busy shipping area, congested population area...could be anyone. and wearing a life jacket? who has time/consciousness to put on a life jacket after a 35k feet plane disintegration? or if a highjacking gone wrong why safely belly land on the water a la capt sully on the hudson. if you meant to crash it then crash it. if the media does run with this as a passenger from the plane then my thought is was the body planted, with a life jacket to keep it afloat to keep people looking in that area and not somewhere else?

just thoughts, who knows.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

inshel
reply to post by Boeing777

so far it's just a body wearing a life jacket, nothing more. curious? sure. but so far no proof of any relation to the flight. busy shipping area, congested population area...could be anyone. and wearing a life jacket? who has time/consciousness to put on a life jacket after a 35k feet plane disintegration? or if a highjacking gone wrong why safely belly land on the water a la capt sully on the hudson. if you meant to crash it then crash it. if the media does run with this as a passenger from the plane then my thought is was the body planted, with a life jacket to keep it afloat to keep people looking in that area and not somewhere else?

just thoughts, who knows.
I'm sure if a pilot knew they were having severe mechanical problems over a large body of water, he'd instruct passengers to put a life jacket on. However at this juncture, I'd still be suspicious of how that body did get to where it is if found to be one of the passengers. I know we keep hearing it's a large area to search, but in reality it is not. The India Ocean is a large area to search. The S. China Sea is not the Indian Ocean by any stretch.
edit on 64326Wednesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I guess my question is where did the life jacket come from? I've been on hundreds of commercial flights and have never been instructed to where life jackets are located. Always 'use your seat as a floatation device'. Maybe they are on board this particular plane? Or are they only accessible as part of a raft deployment? In that case maybe it would point to a safe water landing, not as much chaos?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Boeing777

edit on 12-3-2014 by Boeing777 because: Typo

If the airplane lost some electrics as speculated the pilots would turn to VFR and maybe track around the peninsula to get back to the airport they started from. Or the body drifted there from a spot "upstream", etc etc. They found a raft between Malacca and Kuala Lumpur too, in Port Dickson, so yeah.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Heard 2 things this morning:

1. Don't really believe in UFO's/Aliens but this could be some type of disclosure event real or fake to disclose some new military technology we have - TPTB may send out a trial balloon and see how people react to it. If it doesn't go over well they might shut it down and make up some other cover story.

2. We know exactly where the plane is and they are in the process of getting the people back mainly the 20 DOD Contractors alive or dead.

Next 4 or 5 days there will be a resolution & it will be strange.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
okay allthough im staying with my opinion of what went wrong most likely to be an mechanical/electrical failure,
i was thinking, since all lot of people here were speculating that its possible that the flight has been hijacked and authorities haven't ruled this out yet could it be done by secret black op kinda mission.

I heard the other day someone say that they could've flown under the radar unnoticed to some secret location.
So what are youre guesses on how this could've been pulled off?

We know we have fighter jets with stealth technology right! So what if a "unidentified flying object" ( god i love how that sounds)makes contact to flight MH730. I saw a vid yesterday someone made showing the last known flight pass of this on radar 24 i think it was. he pointed out that right before the 777 disappeard from radar that a quite smaller plane flew right next to 777 before both were gone. Now i don't know if that maybe was an error of some kind or it has been talked about allready here.
But lets say the "UFO" told the pilots to turn off their radar and other tracking equipment telling them some kinda story of maybe terrorist on the plane or whatever, and to fallow them to a undisclosed location. maybe they want something that is on the plane either vip people or cargo. sounds way off track i know but im asking you guys on here do thiink this could've been pulled off or is it just impossible.

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join