It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i'm sticking with the spacetime vortex. at this point it's not only as valid as any other speculation, it's more likely given the strangeness of this incident.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

There was a lot of media attention given to the release of planes computers being hackable last year, not such a clever idea, giving ideas to the terrorist minded.

I guess it's a possibility that happened on MAS flight.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by puntito

Sounded plausible...
Until you said "we know from experience..."

I don't pal...
So please share the link/source of past news in which Iranians packed a jumbo jet plane full of nuclear devices to ram into something!!!

Not sure of everyone else, but this is where it was lost on me personally!

Peace.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Yes, but that doesn't explain how no military have come forward with details.

There is NO Way that J.O.R.N or other nation's defences have not picked up an incoming plane.

JORN is the most sophisticated radar in the world.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Just received this message from CNN:
Flight 370 was last detected flying over a small island hundreds of miles from the flight's usual route, a Malaysian official said.
Back to the map....so far, I've just seen a few boats.....anyone else???

link   

Restricted
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I don't know if Drudge is credible or not. I simply made a statement based on what I read there. No need to get hostile.
What is hostile about suggesting a better source? It was intended to be a friendly suggestion, not hostile.

link   

theabsolutetruth
Some updates.

The oil slick is now reported to be NOT from the MAS flight.

The plane parts found are reported to be NOT from the MAS flight.

The MAS flight is reported to have been tracked by the military, flying for 350 MILES or 1.5 HOURS AFTER IT DISAPPEARED.

There aren't any details of GPS / tracker from phones and such devices that would be detectable, being released to MSM, yet, which is suspicious.

The confusion and lack of clarity and details is also rather suspicious as is the confusion over who did and didn't board the plane using fake passports and which nationality / ethnicity they were /are.

I have a feeling that things might progress more rapidly with regards to information being known and importantly released to those with relatives etc on board and the public.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Live: Search for missing Malaysia Airlines moves to west of peninsula as records show it flew another 350 miles after disappearing

This image shows how busy the Malacca Strait is.

The search and rescue operation extended to cover the area earlier today.

The Malaysian military today said it believed the missing flight MH370 may have headed that way after going missing to the east of the peninsula.

A military official said: "It changed course after Kota Baru and took a lower altitude. It made it to the Malacca Strait"

The fact that the Military tracked MH370 after it disappeared leads me to believe the military in turn shot it down.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

They may have tracked it because it was unidentified.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Restricted

rockflier

Restricted

rockflier

Restricted
Zaphod, if they lost avionics could they still fly the plane?

Yes, avionics being out do not render the aircraft non flyable. (answering for him)

Rock, do they have an analog compass in the cockpit?

Our 757 and 767 did. Not sure about 777. I would think so.

Considering how far off course they were can you speculate as to my theory posted above and addressed to Zaphod?

Yes, the 777 have an analog compass, even more modern airplanes like the 787 has one.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

The fact that the Military tracked MH370 after it disappeared leads me to believe the military in turn shot it down.

At this point that seems to be as plausible as anything else.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Restricted

They may have tracked it because it was unidentified.

If they had done that, wouldn't you think they would track it until it WAS identified, or entered other airspace?

They should know the location of MH370 regardless of what happened, IF they tracked it after it disappeared.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JesperA

Thanks for that Jesper. Digging back in my memory to when I got my Private license (1966) I recall that all aircraft are required to have a "whiskey" compass. Correct?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So they won't just say whether the western track is or is not verified. What a CYA world we live in.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by deessell

Actually the computer hack wasn't my theory, I only said it's a possibility.

However, about the military tracing the plane, they say they did and now given that information which has been released to MSM.

My own opinion on the whole thing is that it is suspicious in it's lack of clarity, patchy information and now the military saying actually it was tracked on radar when before it apparently disappeared from radar.

In addition to the lack of information being released on the GPS / tracking from mobile devices being released is also suspicious.

I think certain agencies, governments, airlines know more than is being released.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Malaysia Airlines live: military says last tracked plane hundreds of miles off course
Malaysia's military believes it tracked a missing jetliner by radar over the Strait of Malacca, far from where it last made contact with civilian air traffic control

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

roadgravel
So they won't just say whether the western track is or is not verified. What a CYA world we live in.

I think you nailed it, and for more than one reason.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I guess that could also be a possibility in the MAS flight, the last known radar location is certainly near the oil slick, though that has now been reported as being not from the MAS flight.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherz189

You know... I was going to entertain such a theory of a Mothership swallowing the plane whole, like an Amisulpride tablet being Wolfed down...
But thought I'd sound too crazy even for ATS... and proceede to wonder if I should Wolf down one of my Amisulpride tablets!!!

So fair play to you for that!

I'd say Interplanetary Treaties would stop mass abduction...
But then I don't think Treaties are impossible to violate!

Maybe they're tired of waiting for their comrades to be released from heavily armed bunkers & bases, now deciding release them or we'll play this on a whole new level that we (better yet Secret Service) couldn't!

FBI involvement would be rare in such a case, unless they (FBI) had prior knowledge of such an incident...
Then it's hard to bring jurisdiction into it if you're CIA/RAF/NORAD or the Asian equivalent of the 3!!!

And as much as I'd like/hate to say that intergalactic enslavement would be started in a much more drastic fashion...
Why not start with Earth's biggest superpower China, also the World's most prominent Slave-Trade enthusiasts!!!
Irony has never had a more frightening proposition I don't think!!!

Not how we'd like disclosure to be announced at all...
& yet still sounds a little better than being kept in the dark!!!

Peace.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

RoScoLaz
i'm sticking with the spacetime vortex. at this point it's not only as valid as any other speculation, it's more likely given the strangeness of this incident.

So...the first documented occurrence of a spacetime vortex, which is also a theoretical object, is more likely than any other explanation? Uhhh.....

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

rockflier
reply to post by JesperA

Thanks for that Jesper. Digging back in my memory to when I got my Private license (1966) I recall that all aircraft are required to have a "whiskey" compass. Correct?

I honestly dont know what the rule is for commercial flights but i have never seen or flowned an airplane without an analog compass, even if there was no such rule i am pretty sure the manufacturers would install one anyway since it is a pretty important instrument.

If my memory serve me correcly the magnetic compass rule was dropped for private aircrafts some time ago, but only in daylight and VFR, but i still think a substitute is still required, like a magnetometer instead of the completely analog magnetic compass

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The main question for me right now is WHAT MOTIVATED THE PILOTS to 'turn the plane around' in the direction of the Malacca Straits.

1. If it was a mechanical/electronic emergency, I would imagine there are many airports in the area of Kota Baru where they can do emergency landings and such. Why travel an hour plus further away?

2. If it was a hijacking, I imagine there would be plenty of time before the pilot's cabin would be breached, hence the pilots can still establish communication with the outside world. Plus there are over 200 passengers, anyone of them could still send a message via smartphones, tablets and/or even laptops.

What we have as established facts to go on are.

1. The model/make of the plane.
2. The time it took off and the time it 'disappeared' along with the aviation data such as speed, heading, altitude and such.
3. The people onboard the plane including the people who aren't onboard.

Then nothing...we have nothing to go on except for these 3 facts, all the other information out there are still conjectures and impressions.

But given the computing power ATS is capable of, I think it's healthy that people are discussing this in order to come up with the best plausible scenario for the case...we may even send our best theory to the authorities who I think need all the help they can get.

For the sake of the families of the passengers and crew.

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join