It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 73.htm
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Nice, common sense article: Six important facts you´re not being told about Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

www.naturalnews.com/044244_Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370_vanished.html#

Points out some obvious, and not so obvious facts about this incident, and the author then points out the ultimate conclusion.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UKGuy1805

The transponder is a separate system.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Important facts like the plane had a black box and some stuff can float?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...
The two men travelling on stolen passports on the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 that mysteriously disappeared on Saturday have been identified as Iranian nationals. ..... the men had bought the fake passports because they wanted to migrate to Europe.

~Lucidity
Just posting here also, for the record, that it's implausible to me that Iranians would have picked passports with names like Christian and Luigi if they wanted to avoid unwanted attention on the off-chance security actually worked at the airport they left? The fake/stolen passport market is surely better than this?

This story stinks. Is passport control in Frankfurt so loose than an Iranian could pass for a native Austrian? I seriously doubt it. I fly from NY to Berlin every year and the guy at passport control in Berlin always takes a pretty good look at me and my passport pic.
edit on 10-3-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks,

Also - at the time the flight went off FR24 radar and during part of its flight, there were two other flights possibly within visisble range if a phenominan explosion/meteor or something else hit, and audio range, piolots do speak over comms if in close range, or if asked to keep a look out ie - non radio contact.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

There are a few flaws there.

1. Black boxes have been destroyed in explosions and fires in the past.

2. The locator beacons are short ranged.

3. A missile won't appear on radar unless it is very close to the antenna.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

He made me believe it was. I've stated what he said. He says it makes it much easier to find and subsequently the rest of the plane. You seem to describe otherwise. Pretty sure he specially mentioned the F16 and advancements in black box technology/recovery. I will research in a little bit. Not trying to rile you up...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Off the wall, but there are a very limited number of airports approaching the coast of Vietnam , 3 that I could find, that are in the relative flight path, and are at least a mile long. (1-1.3 miles). If in a remote possibility that the plane was hijacked and landed, these obscure airports would probably be a choice... I mean long shot, but interesting....

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Zaphod58

There are a few flaws there.

1. Black boxes have been destroyed in explosions and fires in the past.

2. The locator beacons are short ranged.

3. A missile won't appear on radar unless it is very close to the antenna.

Yikes...I thought missiles could be tracked....

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

There was another flight that received a radio call, but said it was static filled and garbled.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

starviego

www.telegraph.co.uk...
The two men travelling on stolen passports on the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 that mysteriously disappeared on Saturday have been identified as Iranian nationals. ..... the men had bought the fake passports because they wanted to migrate to Europe.

~Lucidity
Just posting here also, for the record, that it's implausible to me that Iranians would have picked passports with names like Christian and Luigi if they wanted to avoid unwanted attention on the off-chance security actually worked at the airport they left? The fake/stolen passport market is surely better than this?

This story stinks. Is passport control in Frankfurt so loose than an Iranian could pass for a native Austrian? I seriously doubt it. I fly from NY to Berlin every year and the guy at passport control in Berlin always takes a pretty good look at me and my passport pic.
edit on 10-3-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

This was from another article. They apparently just needed to get out of the country with those passports and then they wouldn't be needed again.

The latest developments seem to suggest that the two men were part of a refugee scam, said security consultant Chris Mathers, who has investigated many cases that involved stolen passports while he was an RCMP officer.

"It doesn't matter that the passport is going to be detected upon arrival. All you need is something that will get you on the plane," Mr. Mathers said.

"When they would get to Beijing, the passports would likely not have been checked because they would be in the in-transit area. Then, when they get on the plane to Europe, they flush the passports and declare refugee status in Europe. This happens a lot."

www.theglobeandmail.com...
edit on 10-3-2014 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

They can at close range. An air to air missile is maybe a foot or so in diameter and 12 feet long or so. That means a naturally tiny RCS.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yep there were two flights showing that were about 50kms away, so at 35K visual range should be good?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

There have been some advances by the military that would make sense to add, but safety features like this have always been slow to advance. The cost, and the weight factor always play into their advancements.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Sums it up nicely!
The outcome may be hard to swallow if we ever know.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

It depends on their angle to MH370. If they were ahead of it they wouldn't see anything.

There's also the possibility that it's another American 587 and came apart without exploding.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Zaphod58

It depends on their angle to MH370. If they were ahead of it they wouldn't see anything.

There's also the possibility that it's another American 587 and came apart without exploding.

This is very weird man , we cant find debris in 21 st century.What will be your opinion if wreckage was not found in at least next 7 days ?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Any explosion or disintegration of the fuselage would yield lots of debris...

And the body of water the aircraft was last detected over is not very deep.. In fact if the 777 were sticking straight up nose first at the bottom- the tail end would stick out of the water...

I understand that an explosion at 35000 feet would scatter debris over a wider field but there should be something.

TWA800 blew up and we found tons of debris... I just don't understand it yet, but hopefully we will soon

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Air France 447 took almost a week to find. It takes time to search a big area. I suspect they'll find something within 72 hours or so.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

The they're searching the wrong location

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join