It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

You are correct. The ratio is strictly a function of design. The numbers I found are confusing in that normally it is a hard number. I surmise that a couple of the sources I searched are all wet so to speak, or full of some material. HAHA

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

they went from a rectangle 5 miles by 10 miles
to a square 10 miles by 10 miles.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
I'm sorry this message is slightly off topic, but with today's technology how come the data that is on the black boxes isn't recorded and via satellites sent to a massive storage server or something

You have not been the first to mention something like this in the last few days and you certainly won't be the last, it does seem archaic that the information isn't transmitted in real time, perhaps this might be the push they need to implement such a system?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Bigburgh
OK playing catch up.

If the the story is true that "actual" family members are calling cell phones of loved ones that are aboard the aircraft. And those phones are ringing..this is incredible.

So how does this happen when phones are in a non coverage area?

1:The phone will give the ringing tone if it is on..then going onto the leave a message recording..did that happen?

2:Or if the phone is out of its service area...the caller will get the message saying that the cell phone they are try to reach is out of its coverage area..did that happen? And any phone that's dead goes straight to voicemail.

3: did everyone on board happen to keep their cell phones in plastic zip-lock bags in case of a water landing?

4: how come no one is answering on the other end? Or texting out for help? Or in this day and age...not texting period?

5: if the aircraft was hijacked..why were these cell phones not rounded up and destroyed assuming the plane was taken to a land location where they know a phone can be tracked and give away their location?

6: the only other way I see this happening for cell phones to be working..is not 2 or 4 hijackers IF SO..but the entire flight...ALL of those on
board are in on it.. That's the only way to allow for phones to still be functioning and on.

As for he cell phones...not sure this one sticks either.

edit on 10-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Edit: I might give this story thought if it came from gizmodo or wired.....but not the examiner...

Edit: FOR A QUESTION THAT SKYFLOATING ASKED on the previous page.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Looks like the second video is 9M-MRQ. I believe the lost plane is 9M-MRO. Let me know if that is wrong. Wonder if the man verified the planes on the data he was recording.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Expense - for overwater flights, they'd be streaming data via satellite at a fairly high rate - that would cost a lot for satellite time (a quick Google turned up a quote of a $300m annual cost for a global airline, based on a 2002 study by L-3, and another article from 2010 that says $3-5 a minute.)

www.nytimes.com...

I think a more reasonable approach is to boost the transmission range of flight data recorders - a 1-2 km detection range is almost useless in deep-water.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

solargeddon

ThePeaceMaker
I'm sorry this message is slightly off topic, but with today's technology how come the data that is on the black boxes isn't recorded and via satellites sent to a massive storage server or something

You have not been the first to mention something like this in the last few days and you certainly won't be the last, it does seem archaic that the information isn't transmitted in real time, perhaps this might be the push they need to implement such a system?

Wouldn't that require a satellite server the size of 3 ISS's ? Not saying it can't be done. But for a just in case it happens situation. Not the best choice yet...

Just helping answer who you were answering....

The peacemaker it was

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

rockflier
I have found conflicting numbers for the glide ratio of the 777. They range from 15.1 to 16.9. Take your choice I guess. Take care.
Yeah my source could have been off, but I think it depends on factors like the amount of fuel in the plane, altitude, airspeed, etc, so I think the actual range can be wider than that.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Skiers, hikers, RC planes, heck even pets, have locator beacons on them these days. Why not the black box?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

live udates here www.theguardian.com...

11 minutes ago...they have had a couple incidents ...“We have stopped men with false or stolen passports and carrying explosives, who have tried to get past KLIA (airport) security and get on to a plane,” he said. “There have been two or three incidents, but I will not divulge the details.”

so, those 2 guys with the stolen passports could be important

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

You could well be right, personally I have no idea of the technical spec involved, I guess if it can be implemented after this it would be, but if it isn't possible, well then those little black boxes (which are orange, understandably) will be the only eventual witnesses to aviation fails for many years to come.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

MRuss
I'm totally focused on the stolen passports. Look at the facts:

An Iranian middleman called a Tai travel agency who booked the tickets for the two passengers holding the stolen passports. The Iranian middleman was looking to buy cheap tickets to Europe at first for two men on two different flights.

He first contacted the agency March 1st to buy the tickets. But the booking expired, so the travel agent rebooked the men on the same plane--flight 370--on March 6th. The Iranian middleman paid CASH.

Two days later the plane vanished.

Authorities were able to ID the two passengers through video footage and have determined neither of them were Asian.

They're looking to see if those particular passport numbers have been used to obtain tickets in the past.

The paid cash part is always a give away.

My bet is on terrorism.

No.

The travel agent who booked the flight is also the owner of the company, she said the Iranian, Mr Ali, is a long-term business partner who she has known for 3 years. When the tickets expired Mr Ali asked to book new tickets for the passengers (who he apparently had no idea were using stolen passports) for the fastest and cheapest route to Europe. Mr Ali did NOT ask for this specific flight to be booked, the travel agent herself simply chose it as the fastest route. If it was indeed a terrorist attack, it would have been planned, but this flight was not.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The problem with triangulation is it has to work from at least 3 points. If it was 3 cell towers from 3 different countries. It would only give a very rough estimate ( due to normal interference ) .

Triangulation with a normal phone only really works well in city centers.

If it was off 3 satellites though. It would be quite accurate.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Zayo and solar....that does not make me right though.....and research100 thanx for passing that along. I will read it.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

something smells rotten on this story!

If China "took" the plane and forced it down somewhere, why would they keep it for 3 days, would they let the "world" do a futile search? and what is the end game for this if this is the case? What happens to the passengers on that plane?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jagger

good point you made there, they were supposed to be on 2 different flights but the tickets expired and they ended up with tickets on the same flight...doesn't seem like good planning for a terrorist strike....

even if this wasn't just knowing others out there got caught trying is a scary thought

edit on 10-3-2014 by research100 because: fixed last sentence

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So. This being a conspiracy site and all....

Somali pirates ?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

roadgravel
Looks like the second video is 9M-MRQ. I believe the lost plane is 9M-MRO. Let me know if that is wrong. Wonder if the man verified the planes on the data he was recording.

Good point. He didn't verify anything. He followed a different flight MH370 that flew a day or two later (which is why it was there a day or two later) and in the two areas the flight went screwy it's in grey dashed lines. The flight landed successfully in Beijing.

www.flightradar24.com...

He is under the impression there is only one MH370 and that it was the direct name of that plane.

www.flightradar24.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
After watching the daboo77 Youtube video I did the playback tracking on flightradar24 again. I entered the date 03/07/2014 and start time 17:15 as I did 2 days ago. I got a different ending time today.
2 days ago it ended like this.

Today it ended like this.

I don't know how daboo77 got the plane disappearing up near Da Nang? This video here.
www.youtube.com...=258

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
100 square miles area with these coordinates as the midpoint

6.93 / 103.59

at the last moments it turned from 025 degree
heading to a 040 degree heading.

edit on 10-3-2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join