It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 354
<< 351  352  353    355  356  357 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

The recorders aren't the only thing that uses that frequency. They have yet to confirm it's the recorders.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Ya you could be right, considering the Chinese signals and the Ocean Shield's signals are 300 miles apart.

Australia's HMAS Ocean Shield had reported a separate "acoustic event" some 300 nautical miles away from where Chinese patrol vessel, the Haixun 01, picked up a "ping" signal near where Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 is believed to have gone down.

Australia's Ocean Shield detects third 'acoustic signal'

Houston said the Australian vessel Ocean Shield would be delayed while it investigated a separate acoustic signal in its current search location that had only been detected in the last hour.

Malaysia Airlines MH370: planes and ships deployed to investigate 'encouraging' signals

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

omg 354 pages and many are still engrossed in this mock search hype.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
3 signals! my nothing like a few signals to cloud the issue or attempt to affirm the plane went down in the IO in the middle of a deep and floating scrap yard! I call BS!
If this plane went down where suggested then we would never have got to 354 pages!! See you again at page 364 where no one will be any wiser!
edit on 6-4-2014 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Nochzwei

So let me guess, you're hiding it in your garage shed?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by OatDelphi

The recorders aren't the only thing that uses that frequency. They have yet to confirm it's the recorders.

So be explicit, what else at that location is also likely to be broadcasting on 37.5 kHz ?

Given that such sound waves attenuate fairly quickly so that their radius is only a maximum of 25km, what other sources could you suggest within 25km?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

sy.gunson

Nochzwei

So let me guess, you're hiding it in your garage shed?

Don't be silly! It's in his secret underground base!

Nochzwei, why do you call it a mock search?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

There could be military equipment in the area, or who knows what. That's the point. That frequency is not exclusive to the recorders, so you can't just say they have a signal on the right frequency, it must be them.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I see you guys are still "searching for the plane"?
you took the bait full time.

this plane will never be found.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

OatDelphi

I would think that is the family asking for people to stop sending them information about pics's from Deigo Garcia, the Rothchilds, Remote-controlled B777's, Sarah Bajc paid-actor, Free-Scale, ect...

Heck maybe even exploding Mangosteens.

I will prove one day that one can create explosives out of rotting fruit, or die trying!

ALL HAIL MANGOSTEENS IN THEIR POTENT PUNGENT GLORY!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Update into police investigation:
Police comb CCTV for clues

Police on Wednesday said they had "obtained some clues" on what might have happened to the flight, based on the statements recorded from more than 170 people. This number is climbing.
It was the same day that they cleared all 227 passengers of the flight. They, however, did not give the same clearance to the aircraft's crew.
Their probe had focused on four possible areas: hijack, sabotage personal problems and psychological problems.
Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar had said police were looking at the crew of the flight, as the main "subjects of investigations".
/ex]

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

demus

I totally disagree with you on that one. Just because you can make a blanket statement like that, and have no vested contribution to the thread is rather disrespectful to some of us in here that know a lot about air/sea rescue and find it extremely interesting and are following it diligently.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

charlyv

demus

I totally disagree with you on that one. Just because you can make a blanket statement like that, and have no vested contribution to the thread is rather disrespectful to some of us in here that know a lot about air/sea rescue and find it extremely interesting and are following it diligently.

of course it is interesting for you, otherwise you wouldn't follow it so diligently...

I am just trying to say that interesting is not the same as important.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Holy crap, what is important here really eludes you.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Another CNN note that really irks:

A senior Malaysian government source told CNN that Flight 370 flew around Indonesian airspace after it dropped off Malaysian military radar. The plane may have been intentionally taken along a route designed to avoid radar detection, the source said.

Talk about masters of the obvious. I think many of us here could have told them that once we knew that it crossed the Malay and headed south.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

charlyv
reply to post by demus

Holy crap, what is important here really eludes you.

what is important about the missing plane?

and I mean IMPORTANT.

please enlighten me, I'm willing to come to the light.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

demus

Never say never, though some missing planes have taken decades to find (and some have never been found). Hopefully it won't take decades to find it, but how would you know how long it will take to find it?

demus
what is important about the missing plane?

and I mean IMPORTANT.

please enlighten me, I'm willing to come to the light.
I'd say it's important to find it to see if, for example, the airworthiness directive that applies to other models of the 777 needs to be expanded to also apply to this model of the 777. To people who don't fly (or had no relatives on the flight), this may not be important, but aviation safety is taken very seriously and that's why it's important to investigate each crash if possible.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm once again posting this rule that the FAA issued on 11/18/2013 regarding the Boeing 777 because it could be related to whatever problem MH370 had, if it existed that is. I'm not sure at this point what is real and what is not.

Special Conditions: Boeing Model 777-200, -300, and -300ER Series Airplanes; Aircraft Electronic System Security Protection From Unauthorized Internal Access

These special conditions are issued for the Boeing Model 777-200, -300, and -300ER series airplanes. These airplanes, as modified by the Boeing Company, will have novel or unusual design features associated with the architecture and connectivity of the passenger service computer network systems to the airplane critical systems and data networks. This onboard network system will be composed of a network file server, a network extension device, and additional interfaces configured by customer option. The applicable airworthiness regulations do not contain adequate or appropriate safety standards for this design feature. These special conditions contain the additional safety standards that the Administrator considers necessary to establish a level of safety equivalent to that established by the existing airworthiness standards.

Read more about this here.
www.federalregister.gov... ronic-system

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

it will not be found.

I know.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by sy.gunson

There could be military equipment in the area, or who knows what. That's the point. That frequency is not exclusive to the recorders, so you can't just say they have a signal on the right frequency, it must be them.

Whales communicate at that freq. Could be anything, but if it was from a flight recorder "pinger" and from a plane, haven't they had enough time to sweep the area with sonar to see if anything is on the sea floor by now?

new topics

top topics

<< 351  352  353    355  356  357 >>

join