It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 347
<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by UKGuy1805

That whole south china region has a lot of strategic posts, and a plane goes missing vanishes without a trace and there is no international precedent in place for how the 20 or so countries will work effectively together searching the area that overlaps with strategic restricted military areas. Makes you wonder for sure if there is more to this than simply a plane having a mechanical mal function and ditching into sea.

This is 2014! No way in hell does a plane just disappear with that many people on it. Someone somewhere knows where this plane is......

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Mikeultra
reply to post by smurfy

I would like to know how these Malaysian Airlines people or Malaysian government people can say that none of the passengers owned a modern smart phone with gps. I find that hard to believe, even though I have no mobile phone. How do they know that? Do they question passengers before boarding, and ask if they have gps phones? They are lying...

I am emphatic that this was stated on BBC's rolling news, like I said I don't know where that info came from, it wasn't given, just the baldy statement. I thought it dodgy then as I do now, Nevertheless that was stated. The general question was about mobiles and GPS tracking from the anchorwoman talking to a BBC aviation correspondent, (not Learmont) some other guy who has been on several times, but he said none of the passengers had GPS phones. The anchorwoman did not follow that up in any way. Maybe someone caught that and recorded it, you never know.

Thing is that conversation important as it was or should have been, ended up as a definitive. That is not a correct way of going about all things electronic, and that includes ordinary mobiles/cellphones all according to where the plane was. Cell towers can be high or low, say high in rural areas and a mixed bag in a densely populated area, and so it's feasible that even the cell phone could have got a signal and someone should be looking there too, I don't doubt that someone is. There's more in the big picture, and that concerns the remote taking over of aircraft, say inside the aircraft..a passenger? or from the ground, what you get from the experts is far from the definitive, it's a, "I don't believe its possible" not, "It cannot happen"
Aside from all that, is that this event was a possible 'simple' hi-jack, or a miniscule decompression event, something that the 777 did have in early testing, and perhaps around the area of exterior transmitting systems, but still hard to make sense of.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Can someone provide a source to the comments regarding no passengers had modern smartphones? I haven't seen or heard that anywhere. Not calling it necessarily bunk, but a source would be nice.

Now if that is, (as someone earlier put it) "unequivocally" verified to be stated by Malaysian Officials, I would then have to agree that it's a Cow-Manure claim.

I'm not into the whole Freescale idea, but even I have to think that anyone who is travelling around the world, doing work for their technology company, is certainly going to have a modern smartphone (Blackberry/Android/Iphone etc..) just for email purposes alone.

edit on 3-4-2014 by OatDelphi because: spelling/grammar

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
THE PC IS NOW LIVE ON CNN......

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

OatDelphi
Can someone provide a source to the comments regarding no passengers had modern smartphones? I haven't seen or heard that anywhere. Not calling it necessarily bunk, but a source would be nice.

Now if that is, (as someone earlier put it) "unequivocally" verified to be stated by Malaysian Officials, I would then have to agree that it's a Cow-Manure claim.

I'm not into the whole Freescale idea, but even I have to think that anyone who is travelling around the world, doing work for their technology company, is certainly going to have a modern smartphone (Blackberry/Android/Iphone etc..) just for email purposes alone.

edit on 3-4-2014 by OatDelphi because: spelling/grammar

I can categorically state that at least 1 person on the plane had a smart phone and that would be Phil Woods IBM Exec.
I suspect that the majority of Freescale personnel would have one also!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I have often wondered why a huge reward was not jointly offered, to anyone that can direct authorities to the location of the aircraft. This would of course be the remote scenario that it indeed landed somewhere, and to ferret out a weak individual that could not resist that kind of cash. What would they really have to lose? Taking this into the unknown, as it is now, is certainly going to go into a few billion dollars, found or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
How do they "know" that no-one had a smart phone? It took like 3 weeks to release the CORRECT version of the co-pilots last words to the tower...if it took that long to verify one statement, how long would it take to do a census on 239 people's mobile phones?

Maybe each family member could be like, "yeah he had an iPhone or no he had a Nokia 3310..." which would save time but other than that...maybe its something they looked into weeks ago? (When everyone was saying that their phones were still ringing)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Mikeultra
I am sick of their cliches, needle in a haystack, haystack on a farm, and they have no idea where the farm is...

I like this comment because it shows they haven't got a clue.....

Scary on so many levels - maybe the new Copernicus satellites from the ESA could help find it..?

PDUK

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Mikeultra
I read a very tiny article in the 04/02/2014 N.Y. Daily News that was buried on page 10. This was the only article regarding the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370. In reading this I see my prediction is coming true about this incidents main purpose was to push the airline industry to buy new live streaming data systems by way of government mandate. I think it's possible that there is really no MH370 aircraft that's missing. This is a huge con job. Here is the article. I suggest people read about the International Air Transport Association and Tony Tyler and his connection with Montreal, Canada. Canada is where the FLYHT company is located which manufactures the new satellite data systems.

It would be interesting if Tony Tyler of the International Air Transport Association has any connections with FLYHT or any other company that is manufacturing the new live streaming data systems that he is working on getting airlines mandated to install on all aircraft! Yes Tony, there is disbelief that a 777 can disappear without a trace! flyht.com...
flyht.com...

Going way way off track here. Governments and corporations alike will seek to take advantage of events like this. They have end goals already in place and use something like this disaster to provide a reason for lawmakers to make it law. You are looking at this as some kind of black flag operation, and it could be, but it is a big leap to then say this is evidence for the plane never to have existed in the first place.
Real people are in fact missing from several different countries, that they were at least known to have booked onto the flight is undeniable in my book.
Which goes to show how incredible this event actually is. A real passenger airline with over 200 real people on board from several different countries really has disappeared. Completely. Like the Kevin Spacey character in The Usual Suspects said it and paraphrasing in part, "And like that...(they were) gone."

Freaky. Someday the truth is going to come out.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

OatDelphi
I was highly skeptical when I heard the directed deployment of the Ocean Shield with the underwater search tech onboard, before they had found even a single piece of wreckage.

It will look very suspicious if the Ocean Shield just sails to it's first destination, drops the ping locator, and immediately finds the wreckage. If that happens I would have to, at the very least, start to entertain the idea that maybe Australia shot the plane down before it was able to enter their airspace.

Can't see that happening while all the floating and flying military hardware from several different nations is out there. They could never get the large pieces of the plane into position. Not easily at least. If this is a coverup, then TPTB are already taking the easy way out all down the line. Convincing us with a massive dog and pony show that everything works well, nations work well together, the military only has our best interests at heart (i.e. putting aside enmities to take part in a giant search to bring back the bodies and find the flight recorders 'so we really know what happened'), when this kind of thing happens everything works really well, and hey this is unusual but really just a case of bad luck (you know, bad luck the plane was purposefully plunged into one of the deepest, most isolated, largest areas of any ocean, and right where the garbage of that ocean accumulates - bad luck indeed!).

No, if some country knows where the plane is wrecked or not it is not going to be where they are diverting us. The Southern Indian Ocean is the diversion. That is where they would take some of the wreckage later when they can get to it without the audience.

It will go kind of like this.

Hey, remember that plane that went down three years ago. Well we found it just a little to the side of where we were all looking. Must have been the currents... Gee all that time and it was right here where we were telling you it was. Pity we will never know what happened since the flight recorder is stone cold. Something like that.
edit on 4-4-2014 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Mikeultra
Usually investigators have a more positive attitude regarding the outcome of their investigation of an incident. Something like, "We will find out what happened!" Not this time. These Malaysians are telling everybody right now that they are never going to tell you anything! That means this is a farce.

"Investigations may go on and on and on. We have to clear every little thing," Khalid said. "At the end of the investigations, we may not even know the real cause. We may not even know the reason for this incident."
www.foxnews.com...
edit on 3-4-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

Look at it this way. From the time the plane disappeared the Malaysians were out of the picture. The confusion, the miscues, that is because they were told you are never going to know what happened to that plane because 'we' are not going to tell you, and you are never going to ask. Go and tell the world whatever you like. Tell them you are in charge if you like.

I think the Malaysian government are the scapegoats by default.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I think the Malaysian government are the scapegoats by default.

They are the bumbling fools. Not saying any of this would fix anything but, passport checks? - too long to do, Cargo checks? - too much effort, give out facts? - no can do.

About the only fact (after the blackout) is the Inmarsat data, which also seems to invalidate some of the other so called facts, like alleged radar data. Everything else seems to be theory, opinion, guess, want it to be, and so forth.

This also leads me to the assumption that trillions of dollars and resources spent in the name of security to prevent war is nothing more than money simply being placed in the pockets of men at the front of the line. There are a few things that blow up for use in impressing skeptics but in general most of the money is a slush fund.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
the plane is on land somewhere
very interesting theory check this out
www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-4-2014 by robbon2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by robbon2004

The flight crew did something but I don't think they managed to land it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

robbon2004
www.youtube.com...

Wasn't the plane there before 370 went missing. Did it fly off on the 8th and return.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

smurfy

Mikeultra
Never under estimate the extremes greedy people will go to in order to accomplish their goals. Connecting the dots from article to article...

" Planes will be able to fly closer together, take more direct routes and avoid delays caused by airport “stacking” as planes wait for an open runway."

You would think the 1000ft vertical separation is dodgy enough as it is. There have been so many near-misses reported lately, and likely more unreported, never mind a rogue airplane losing itself.

ON MH370 though, I still wonder if there is data searching going on, for any satellite that could have picked the plane up at the time, in visual or infrared, and if not why not?
It also begs the question, if the military has all the super-duper stuff, is civil aviation working with hand-me-downs? Sounds simplistic, I know, but the military does blow a lot about what they have, and what they can do, and what is happening here? a lot of people chewing gum, and working hard on cartoons. It's not fair on all those relatives. And what about the phones? We have been told unequivically that no passenger had a GPS phone, that might be true, but where did that info come from? If it is not true, there could an unknown number of points of information in those phones, all depending on when they were last used, the GPS phone knows where it is when searching. Apple records the movements, and if any Iphone was used or tracked, then someone knows where the plane was.

---------------------------------------------

I am wondering the same thing. If all this super-duper stuff is real! Why can't they find the plane. They can trace a cell phone to your bedroom and don't know where a Boeing, Rolls Royce Triple 7 is. HA!

I have told myself, this may be a trick of the worst kind and the world wants to know what we (the US) really have and we are not giving up info and no one else is either. So I figure the plane crashed and Malaysia doesn't want the truth out or the black box found. On page 344 of this thread sy.gunsun has a fair argument with pictures of where the plane is. Where nobody is looking. That's my 2 cent add $1.07 and buy yourself a cup of coffee! CHEERS

So very sorry for the families. Words are not enough!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

robbon2004
www.youtube.com...

That DABOO77 guy must be mining ATS for material to put in his videos. At 4:09 I recognized this image that I posted here at ATS from planespotters. I used Windows Paint to add the blue box on the image, that's why I know he got it from here. I didn't post that image anywhere else. Do I get a cut DABOO77?

edit on 4-4-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Malaysia opposition leader Anwar accuses government of MH370 cover up

Anwar, who recently had his acquittal on sodomy charges overturned in what he claims is a political smear, said he was "baffled" why the sophisticated Marconi radar system that he authorised as finance minister in 1994 had failed to immediately detect the plane's deviation.
. . .
He described it as "not only unacceptable but not possible, not feasible" that it could travel across "at least four" Malaysian provinces undetected, adding: "I believe the government knows more than us".

"We don't have the sophistication of the United States or Britain but still we have the capacity to protect our borders," he stressed.

The radar system, based near the South China Sea, covers mainland Malaysia.

Anwar defended the aircraft's pilot, 53-year-old Zaharie Ahmad Shah, who is also a personal friend and a member of his political party.

"If you say or suggest that the pilot may have been involved, what about the concealing (of information)?" he told the Telegraph.

"He could not have concealed the radar readings. He could not have instructed the air force to remain completely silent."

Anwar was sentenced to five years in jail just hours before MH370 took off after a Court of Appeals panel sided with a government challenge to his 2012 acquittal on charges he sodomised a male former aide. He is currently on bail.

Sourced @ www.straitstimes.com...

This is from someone who authorised the Malaysian RADAR systems, & like us, is not understanding how 370 could fly undetected & without assistance/action on the part of the government/military...

Is this a case of internal politics (given Anwar's relationship with the pilot)?

Motive & Timing are definitely in place...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

I wouldn't be surprised if the Malaysian government will later frame this opposition leader and tie him in to the disappearance. Five years on the other frame up charges are not long enough. I like that theory. Political sabotage. They are corrupt liars.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Tallone

Can't see that happening while all the floating and flying military hardware from several different nations is out there. They could never get the large pieces of the plane into position. Not easily at least. If this is a coverup, then TPTB are already taking the easy way out all down the line.

Forgive me for not understanding your reply here because that's not what I was suggesting at all.

I was making the point that if the Ocean Shield goes right to the wreckage, it would look like Australia knew where it was the whole time. I wasn't trying to say someone is planting wreckage or that there is some huge planned-out massive conspiracy. I was simply suggesting Australia may have felt threatened by a ghost plane entering their airspace, and shot it down.

And if that is the case, considering the events of 911, who could blame them for shooting down a non-responding jet-liner coming right at them?

new topics

top topics

<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join