It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 333
<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

britchik
I am concerned that the only eyewitness accounts of seeing the plane have been dismissed. Residents of KuvaHuvadoo island in Maldives spotted a low flying aircraft . Maldives government dismissed the reports as their Radar had not picked it up.

I went back to the original report in the Haveeru newspaper - and guess what something from an aircraft a 'likely' fire suppression bottle has washed up on a beach.

www.haveeru.com.mv..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Haveeru Onlne

I firmly believe that they are looking in the wrong place - I'd take an eyewitness statement over a lot of number crunching and random pings anyday

That would put the search area too close to Diego Garcia. They don't want the aircraft found. There was either a hijacking and then a remote take over with BUAP, or it was just outright aircraft theft using BUAP. Whatever the secret cargo was, China had to be ripped off. It could have been flown to and landed at Diego Garcia, their flight operations were shut down for 72 hours beginning 03/08/2014.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by britchik

A quick google and you find this cargo fire extinguisher

It looks just like the item washed up on the beach in the Maldives. Half the Australian Navy and the Chinese are finding flotsam
and junk and the Maldavians find an extinguisher from a PLANE and no ones listening.
edit on 29-3-2014 by britchik because: info

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Mode A, B, C and D and Mode S for civilian use.

Another mode called Mode S (Select) is designed to help avoiding overinterrogation of the transponder (having many radars in busy areas) and to allow automatic collision avoidance. Mode S transponders are compatible with Modes A & C SSR system. This is the type of transponder that makes the ACAS II (Airborne Collision Avoidance System) and the ADS-B systems function.

Mode S

Another mode called Mode S (Select) is designed to help avoiding overinterrogation of the transponder (having many radars in busy areas) and to allow automatic collision avoidance. Mode S transponders are compatible with Modes A & C SSR system. This is the type of transponder that makes the ACAS II (Airborne Collision Avoidance System) and the ADS-B systems function.
Mode S features

Upon interrogation, Mode S transponders transmit information about the aircraft to the SSR system, to TCAS receivers on board aircraft and to the ADS-B SSR system. This information includes the call sign of the aircraft and/or the transponder's permanent ICAO 24-bit address in the form of a hex code.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Immarsat backing off their claims! Idiots...

2.40pm: British-based satellite company Inmarsat distances itself from Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak's conclusion that MH370 has "ended in the Indian Ocean". Inmarsat spokesperson Jonathan Sinnatt says Inmarsat had only provided the information and it was for the Malaysian government to draw its own conclusions, reports China Daily.
www.malaysiakini.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I stand corrected.
Was MH370 under Mode S surveillance?

edit on 3/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by roadgravel

I stand corrected.
Was MH370 under Mode S surveillance?

edit on 3/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

That I haven't found that. Zapoid might know. I thought ADS-B info was being sent by the plane.

edit:

What I can find the 777 has a mode s
edit on 3/29/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/29/2014 by roadgravel because: left out a word

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

UKGuy1805
reply to post by Phage

Sorry - Your wrong Phage Transponder information does.

Nope, Phage is correct.

The transponder is a radio receiver and transmitter which receives on one frequency (1030 MHz) and transmits on another (1090 MHz).

The Modes and interrogator Codes are supplied to the transponder by external equipment. This equipment would be an IFF system like a KW-11 on military aircraft, or a KT 76c like module in civilian aircraft. There are many variations, but the modules that supply,format,interpret and phase modulate the mode interrogation codes are in micro-controllers and ASICs that are separate in function from the transponder itself.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH 370: The Trillion Dollar Question to the U.S. and Its Intelligence Services. Malaysian media should pose critical questions to the US and its Intelligence Services and not to the Malaysian Government

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I know I keep posting stuff from the pprune forum, but it may be important for folks here to assess whether the captain was a radical or not. One of his pupils says not...I assume he would know him more as a work colleague and therefor more objectively than family.

post by giboman

Several of my friends and neighbours are working for MAS, Firefly and Air Asia. I spoke to a colleague of Captain Zaharie on the Sunday after the flight had been declared lost. He had nothing but praise for the guy, he believed the Captain to be one of the best pilots within the company and he himself had been a student of Captain Zaharie. He continued to say that if anyone could recover an aircraft from an almost impossible situation it would be Zaharie.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

NickDC202
Although I'm confident it's at the bottom of the sea, here's why many of you may be right about the plane:

There is absolutely no evidence that the plane crashed.

If there was a:
- Fire
- Mechanical issue
- Altercation between the pilots or between pilots and passenger/crew who breached or attempted to breach the cockpit or
- Any problem that would not cause instant catastrophic failure
It logical and reasonable to conclude that there would have be a radio communication or alert triggered to indicate an issue.

There is no evidence of a hijacking or diversion to an airfield within the two INMARSAT arcs either.

It is not logical and reasonable to conclude that there would have been a distress call.

You clearly have no appreciation of the issues and priorities in the mind of a pilot in an emergency, nor of the speed with which a situation can deteriorate and how little time a pilot has to react to explosive decompression at 35,000ft.

The only thing which is certain is that you are not qualified to judge or comment what is logical or reasonable in an aviation emergency.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

auroraaus
Okie doke, so we have one of the pilot's sons speaking out in his defence but apparently the pilot's ex-wife and daughter are saying other stuff.

Confusion! Obviously a family conflict going on.

He wasn't the father I knew

An embittered ex is hardly an objective commentator

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Qmantoo,

I think it's okay because a vast lot of that mob are pilots/ex-pilots and aviation enthusiasts.

I found it interesting that the user woodja(47 or 51, I forget the number), who has in the past talked about the accessibility of the E/E on B777s (and has apparently created "fixes" for them), every time he brings it up on the missing malaysian jet board, his posts get deleted. I think because Mods are worried others might get crazy ideas. But then, I've reposted here and linked to the youtube video (which isn't deleted either, been up for 2 years), and those posts haven't been deleted.

So...I guess what I am trying to say is though it's a wealth of info..some of it is censored.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by one1002

I addressed, and enhanced the photo here, in this thread. Welcome to view it. Was able to get a fairly nice image from it, considering it was black.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

auroraaus
Just a general question:

If a plane runs out of fuel, how does it fall? Nose first? Spins? Belly-flop?

Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question...or *is* a dumb question.

Cheers x

Assuming nobody consciously flying the aircraft this is the most likely answer.

Whilst the last regular satellite ping from engines was at 00:11 UTC there was an aircraft initiated handshake ping at 00:19 UTC which suggests an engine generator dropped offline momentarily, but that the engine spluttered back to life momentarily sending a new handshake signal to re-establish the link.

When the engine from which generator power was being drawn died the autopilot would have disengaged. The answer depends largely whether it entered a glide with one wing down in a glide or if it commenced a glide with wings level.

If it was with one wing down then it would have descended in a tightening bank into a series of aileron rolls like Payne Stewart's Learjet.

With wings level the aircraft would have dropped it's nose in a glide. Speed would have built until it would have naturally pulled up again, but each time it pulled up it would loose energy until dropping the nose and repeating the cycle known as Phugoid Oscillations. Basically it would drop in steps until colliding probably in a nose down dive with the surface of the sea. Break up would have been certain.

edit on 30-3-2014 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Thanks Sy xx

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Mikeultra
Immarsat backing off their claims! Idiots...

2.40pm: British-based satellite company Inmarsat distances itself from Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak's conclusion that MH370 has "ended in the Indian Ocean". Inmarsat spokesperson Jonathan Sinnatt says Inmarsat had only provided the information and it was for the Malaysian government to draw its own conclusions, reports China Daily.
www.malaysiakini.com...

Expected this all along. The ones who bought Inmarsat's information and Malaysia's claims hook line and sinker are as I said suckers. 3 weeks in and disinformation is the operative word.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

As I posted here someone on pprune did the simulation in a 'proper' sim and it appeared to do a slow up and down cyclic sine wave until it (projected) very destructively hit the water/ground. It did not appear to do the slow corkscrew down to the ground.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Just a minor thing I've wondered personally:
Why hasn't the US parked a aircraft carrier over there to facillitate the search?
V22 Osprey tilt-rotors can switch between airplane/chopper modes and be refuelled aerially by KC-135 tankers:

Are these planes not suited to the task in some way, compared to the planes they're using now?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

I've never seen any of these posts by woodja47, but if he's not an avionics engineer, then he's not legally entitled to mess with aircraft avionics whoever he is. It sounds more like someone with a delusional fantasy so I suggest you demand some credentials or corroboration of what he claims before you get sucked in to believing him.

If you get sucked in to believing the claims of a delusional person then it drags down your credibility too. Life is a minefield.

new topics

top topics

<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join