It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 329
<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

OatDelphi
***CNN Breaking News***

We are getting word that a captain entering the new search area is eating a cheese sandwich while trying to spot suspected debris. In a moment we will be going live to our CNN aviation analysts Richard Quest and Miles O'Brien, but first let's go to Chad Myers to see how this might affect visibility in the search area.

I hope that is a comment on how CNN is milking this for what they can for air time.

The people searching are dedicated and certainly doing the best they can and at their own risk. A person is eating a cheese sandwich only in order to be out there looking instead of on land dinning somewhere.

I bet Chad will not be passing on a better lunch.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
pprune.org suninmyeyes post

As a 777 pilot I, like many others, have wondered how the 777 would perform in the scenario where the pilots were incapacitated and the aircraft ran out of fuel. I had my ideas but there is nothing like seeing it for "real" so we tried this in a 777-2 full motion zero flight time approved simulator.

click on the link to read the full post but basically it would go into a 'sine-wave' like series of ups and downs and hit the ground/water in a bad crash.

Push to take control: Australia to lead the probe into MH370

The air crash investigation into the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is likely to be based in Australia, as a black box locator will be loaded onto an Australian navy ship and sent out with the search effort for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane.

The Malaysian government announced it won't establish an inquiry until the black box - or flight recorder - is found, something that could take years, if it is even discovered at all, amid a push for the wreckage and the black box to be scrutinised in Australia.

The decision created uproar in Malaysia's parliament amid lingering concerns about the nation's investigative effort thus far, which has been characterised by mistakes and miscommunication and enraged some families.
It is understood that a diplomatic note has been circulated to all countries involved in the search reminding them that all wreckage recovered should be brought to Australia, a directive apparently aimed at the Chinese. As of Friday, HMAS Success was the only Royal Australian Navy ship in the search area, along with five Chinese naval ships.

Interesting piece about what black boxes reveal.
Malaysia Airlines MH370: What technicians can recover from a black box

One the world's foremost black box laboratories opened its doors to journalists Friday to provide some insight on how technicians can recover information from flight data and voice recorders, like those from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

It remains very uncertain if the recorders can be found in the depths of the vast Indian Ocean. But if the search succeeds, the information inside could help solve the mystery of why the jet flew so far off-course.

More on the pings and a graph here at pprune.org
and this

In practical terms, I suspect that the 'pings' happened every 30 minutes, i.e. 11 and 41. My question would be, "Where are the missing 'pings'? Did they not fit the expected Doppler.

In relation to the 18:25 and 18:28 graphed points, there is no straight forward explanation, but may be the cockpit SatPhone has been used??

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I believe so also or somebody shot it down. Both would be fire.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Sorry, but why people still discuss this?

Plane crashed, and, unfortunately, that's it. We must be sorrow for all people on board and their relatives. Trying to challenge or discussing the official and balanced explanations is just going in the fringe zone. Why would the officials lie or hide stuff from us?
Please people, just let it rest for once. Nothing to see here, don't turn it in another Fukushima, or 9/11. Get a grip please

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mactaties

Trying to challenge or discussing the official and balanced explanations is just going in the fringe zone. Why would the officials lie or hide stuff from us?

You do realize that ATS is a conspiracy web site, right?
Why would the officials lie to us? Seriously?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Hello Neysa,

Thanx for your honest answer, but I think you are misguided, the "conspiracies" exist just in some people minds.

How could we have our way of life if not by some superior guidance?

Is it so hard to believe that the plane just crashed?

Sad I know, but why, why would they lie to us? We are like kids, and let our minds run wild (which is good), but in the end we have to get some grip and realise they are doing the best for us

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

With all due respect, the fate of Flight 370 is still, as of today, a mystery. Until that changes, your comment inspires me to expand my theories. No way am I following your directive, as too many unanswered questions remain.
edit on 29-3-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

"Doing the best..." For whom and for what purpose?
One could just as easily say that the actions of the Malaysian government have been bizarre, at best, fueling the mystery rather than putting it to bed. The best way to ignite theories is to give conflicting information--daily.
edit on 29-3-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by drwill

Hi Drwill,

Yes, you are right, you want the truth, and that's commendable and brave.

But shouldn' t we focuses on other more important things? The officials and Governments are taking care of this case for us. We should be praising them, not criticising!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

mactaties
reply to post by drwill

Hi Drwill,

But shouldn' t we focuses on other more important things? The officials and Governments are taking care of this case for us. We should be praising them, not criticising!

Praise the officials and governments? Praise the officials and governments that did this? Get real!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

mactaties
reply to post by drwill

Hi Drwill,

I have a question for you. If you were the relative or loved one of one of the 200 plus passengers, would you still be praising the officials? Would you think you should move on to more important things?

There have been very few facts and evidence in this investigation, with one of the verifiable facts being Malaysia has handled this crisis atrociously.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well, before I can answer, I would need your definition of "more important things?"
Thank you.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pejanene

Well, a sensible question here!

You mention the Malaysian authorities, why are the Americans involved in this? Half way around the globe.

The Malaysian "mishandled", any proof of that?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Unfortunately there will be no answers, and that with all my sympathy to all the families. No disrespect here, but the authorities, as always, did the very best they can.

My point is just that conspiracy theories are just totally out of place. Governments everywhere try to do the best for us!!

Of course, unexplainable things will and do happen, but the authorities, like every one of us can fail, but can we criticise them for that? Have you never failed in your life?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

mactaties
The Malaysian "mishandled", any proof of that?
They have provided conflicting information so several analysts have said there are two possible reasons, either:

1. They are hiding something or,
2. They are incompetent.

Recently there have been reports that the communications between the plane and air traffic control have been sealed. Still looking for confirmation from the Malaysian officials on this (have they confirmed it?) but if true, it would reinforce #1 which will fuel conspiracy theories, even if the reason they are hiding it isn't actually a conspiracy. There has been a transcript posted online but pilots think it's a fake.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Nobody in this field is "incompetent" (if they were, they would be out of business a.s.a.p.

If they are hiding something (and that's a big if), it will be for a reason, and not for us to question it!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

mactaties

Unfortunately there will be no answers, and that with all my sympathy to all the families. No disrespect here, but the authorities, as always, did the very best they can.

My point is just that conspiracy theories are just totally out of place. Governments everywhere try to do the best for us!!

Of course, unexplainable things will and do happen, but the authorities, like every one of us can fail, but can we criticise them for that? Have you never failed in your life?

You should actually answer my question first before posing one to me. But yes, I have failed, and should those failures cause hazard or undue pain for others, I should also be rigorously cririticized for them, and not be praised.

Anyhow, I cannot help but conclude your comments are either that of a troll or naive to a stunning level. I would suggest that you open your own thread here on ATS praising the "authorities" and prostrate yourself there rather than being an apologist for obsequieousness in this thread where people are genuinely concerned about what is a significant incident that needs to be thoroughly examined.
edit on 29-3-2014 by pejanene because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

mactaties
Nobody in this field is "incompetent" (if they were, they would be out of business a.s.a.p.

If they are hiding something (and that's a big if), it will be for a reason, and not for us to question it!

Incompetence can exist everywhere. You are in denial...

You as a member of the human race are responsible for finding out the truth for yourself. You can't find the truth by depending on "the authorities" to spoonfeed you a sanitized version of the truth. Of course people have to follow the laws of their own country, but they also have a duty to the truth. This is also what the family and relatives want most of all... the truth without any political censorship.

This is a life and death event, 200+ people went missing, still missing. It is impossible and IRRESPONSIBLE to close one eye and accept the official narrative.

The PEOPLE are the check and balance against their own government. This is democracy, this is in the USA constitution that says the people have the right to free speech and the right to bear arms.

Even if you trust the government, you still need to VERIFY that what they say is correct.

When people don't ask questions, one day the government can lie to you, and you won't even know.

This is a CONSPIRACY THEORY forum, where all plausible theories can be discussed and put under consideration. Especially plausible but unproven theories that mainstream media cannot print. As a member, you need to respect the rules and the spirit of this place.

I understand how you feel, but you should live and let live.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Sorry Pejanene, but what have you did for the search of the missing plane, and therefore, the families?

new topics

top topics

<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join