It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 324
<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

They planned to but they were never built. There was going to be another array in Alaska as well. The two on the coasts were the only ones built.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Here's another conspiracy to throw into the mix:

At this point in time, I understand how easy it is for a lot of us to grasp at straws in this frustrating search!

North Korea has 'track record' in hijacking passenger planes

Speculations the Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 was actually hijacked and secretly flown to North Korea for that country to study the technology of the Boeing 777 is still a talking point.

At this point all searches have not found any clear evidence the aircraft went down in the Southern Indian Ocean.

It would not be the first time the Democratic Republic of Korea get involved in criminal hijacking.

In 1969 North Korea hijacked a plane and kidnapped the passengers and crew. 39 passengers were eventually released. The fate of the crew plus 7 passengers is still unknown.

For pete's.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

auroraaus

Dearest Sy,

What would I do without your input? Thanks

Can I just ask, sorry if it's been answered before, but there's about 300 pages here and I can be a little dense sometimes.. but if the plane didn't go below 30kft, then how come it wasn't noticed on civilian radar? (but noticed on military radar going back over the peninsular and not deemed a threat...for some reason)

My humble apologies but this thread moves faster than a jackrabbit on heat and I don't keep up.

Assuming that it crossed the Java Sea, or even over the terminal control area at Singapore, if it maintained 35,000ft it may not have conflicted with lower level traffic. It may for example have crossed over eastern Sumatra which is fairly sparse as an unidentified target.

You may not recall but well into week 2, Malaysian Authorities were still publicly calling upon Indonesia to release ATC radar information. I am not certain of the fact however it may be that due to rivalry between these neighbouring countries that Indonesia still has not co-operated?

As for an aircraft crossing over the Malay peninsula into the Straits of Malacca, there may well have been an unidentified aircraft (or two or three) picked up by radar at RMAF Butterworth, but they were not MH370.

MH370 would not have the fuel to descend to low level where fuel consumption increases dramatically, zig-zag around and then climb again to 35,000ft and fly to the southern Indian Ocean. I think you can safely discount the claim that MH370 turned west from IGARI now.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

So, more turn east, south east, south, then south west? Or I'm still not following you proper?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Here's a break. Maybe we'll hear something/anything today.

The Associated Press ‏@AP 4m
BREAKING: New Zealand military plane has found objects in the Indian Ocean in new search area for missing plane.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Nevermind.

The Associated Press ‏@AP 1m
MORE: Authorities say it will be Saturday before a ship arrives to determine whether objects are plane wreckage: apne.ws...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

200kgs "small" lithium ion batteries... this may be the smoking gun. Hubby uses these in his RC cars. They can catch on fire in many different ways.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I am starting to have higher confidence in your idea of the eastward turn then turning and crossing Java. It puts it headed toward the south ping curve. I am still trying to find more about the details of INMARSAT data.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
For our investigations, I thought we should have this information on this thread as well. There really is a wealth of useful stuff over there at pprune.org

Page 427 pprune.org

There seems to be some discrepancies in what vessel is going to tow the U.S. Navy pinger locator.
Both the TPL-25 Towed Pinger Locator System and a Bluefin-21 underwater drone have been sent to Perth from the U.S. along with 10 personnel to operate the systems. The Bluefin-21 sports a Multibeam Echosounder, Side-Scan Sonar, and a Sub-bottom Profiler. It's capable of depths of 14,700' (4500M approx).

Initially it was stated the ADV Ocean Shield was going to tow the pinger locator - however, in recent days, it's been advised that the commercially-owned DMS Maritime Seahorse Standard would be utilising both search devices.
The Seahorse Standard is on long-term charter to the RAN and operates from HMAS Stirling naval base at Garden Island, just offshore from Perth.
However, I can't see where both systems would be operated from the one ship?
I guess it's possible both devices will be taken out to the search zone by the Seahorse Standard, and one of them will transferred to the Ocean Shield upon arrival at the search zone.
It's also been stated that neither ship will leave port until there's a report of confirmed wreckage.

The Seahorse Standard is a Canadian-built vessel of 2090 gross tons, and it's pretty slow, with a 12kt maximum speed and a cruise speed of 8kts.
The much larger Ocean Shield looks like a more capable vessel to me.
It appears the Seahorse Standard carries side-scan sonar as standard equipment, and it also has ROV capabilities

Links to ship specs at the pprune.org forum linked above

Interesting facts about the flight recorders frm pprune.org I thought.

Just a word on CVR (and FDR) locator pinger batteries. They do not have a fixed life as such and they do not shut down after 30 days. They are designed to provide optimum performance for 30 days (90 days in the case of newer style batteries which I understand this aircraft may not have had). During this time the batteries will slowly discharge and the voltage will reduce but the pinger is designed to operate normally on a reduced voltage so is initially not affected, hence the "guideline" figure of 30 (90) days. When the battery has reduced to this voltage level, where the pinger works at optimum performance, the pinger performance will start to reduce and this could take days or weeks before it dies completely. Another factor is the age of the pinger and battery, which should be replaced at regular scheduled intervals (cannot recall what it is now).
The bottom line is that when the towed array finally arrives on site they may still have several weeks rather than days to listen for it. Chance of picking it up will reduce with time but it will not just suddenly switch off at 30 days. Just like the average torch it will slowly get dimmer and dimmer until it fades to nothing.
PS: I worked on CVRs until 25 years ago and continued to sign them off until about 10 years ago. Pingers (as we called them) were not repaired but replaced with new items, complete with battery, as I recall.

This gives a bit of hope that we may be able to find the black boxes even after the 30 day (up to 90 day) period has expired.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Apparently, if you read his site, Able Danger is convinced of a lot of things. He claims to have proven that the Indonesia crash of a Sukhoi SuperJet was deliberately caused to prevent competition for another aircraft in development now. As well as allegedly suing Boeing after they refused to provide him a notarized letter stating that the "illegal" computer chips were removed from the plane, stating that he was no longer allowed to fly Boeing aircraft. He comes across as a little out there at best.

Straggling on this thread as per my usual. I will try to make this as brief as possible, but I think it is rude to fail responding to a well thought-out reply. Not trying to create thread drift, otherwise I would have u2u'ed you but *just* realized that you are a Mod, and understand now that you probably have enough load to carry!

I want to thank you and rockflier for your informative posts on this character. The reason I was requesting more data on this man is because his name kept appearing in various articles/opinions/comments, etc. in my prior searches. Then, I saw his name mentioned here, and felt it at least deserved a follow-up.

As you alluded to, IMO, he seems very lunatic fringish - even through his own media - which have littered the inter webz. Who sends letters to Putin, grants interviews to the Voice of Russia, etc.? It has been difficult to discover 2nd party sources to speak to his trustworthiness.

Furthermore,I did complete some research late last night to discover that there was a strange connection between his sister and the US DOJ through her working alongside Janet Reno in the early part of this century? May be nothing as well, and this thread is about MAS, not 9/11.

However, I do beg the question that, while not probable, is it even slightly feasible that by new rules/laws of DHS, Patriot Act, etc. could the govt. have a secret agreement with Boeing and perhaps other companies to implement technologies like BUAP without pilots knowledge?? For the sake of security??

Finally, please don't zap me, Zaphod58, but could you speak on the point as to whether you have or have had security clearances, present or past? I totally understand if you ignore, but I am just curious as to your insights.

Thank you...and all other participants :-)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

I had clearances for some information, not for other. I have access to a lot of information though.

As for BUAP, it would be very hard to hide. It would have to have its own power supply and other equipment, which means mechanics to work on it, and monitor it, along with people to install it, and the end users. That's a LOT of people to know about it without saying a word.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

sy.gunson

Zaphod58
reply to post by auroraaus

Over The Horizon Backscatter, or OTH-B. JORN is the one in Australia, and there are two in cold storage in the US. Those are currently the only confirmed ones out there.

This is the radar site in Maine as seen from Google Earth. This place has been on my list of suspected HAARP related devices for causing nor'easters.

edit on 28-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

EDIT: I butchered the quoting function on this reply to sy_gunson. All words and beliefs are 100% mine.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

OTH-B has nothing to do with HAARP.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is a not good if true. On CNN (yeah, I know) they interviewed an aviation person stated that reviews of MAS had found that pingers/batteries were being stored in very hot temperatures which reduced the battery life. After a recommendation of changing storage, a second check (don't remember exactly but I think he stated a year) showed some were still not being properly stored. The interview mentioned the life of the batteries in this event is very questionable based on these previous problems. I don't recall the dates of these checks being mentioned though.

Might be nothing, might be real. Might explain why no signals have been found also.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

edit on 35America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Fri, 28 Mar 2014 09:49:35 -0500u3109 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

I've been on site there. Very interesting place.

ETA: It's also VERY operational. NCTAMS LANT Cutler, ME.
edit on 44America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:03:44 -0500u3110 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 02America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:04:02 -05000000003110 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I found the interview I mentioned about the batteries.

edit on 3/28/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

auroraaus
Here's another conspiracy to throw into the mix:

At this point in time, I understand how easy it is for a lot of us to grasp at straws in this frustrating search!

North Korea has 'track record' in hijacking passenger planes

Speculations the Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 was actually hijacked and secretly flown to North Korea for that country to study the technology of the Boeing 777 is still a talking point.

At this point all searches have not found any clear evidence the aircraft went down in the Southern Indian Ocean.

It would not be the first time the Democratic Republic of Korea get involved in criminal hijacking.

In 1969 North Korea hijacked a plane and kidnapped the passengers and crew. 39 passengers were eventually released. The fate of the crew plus 7 passengers is still unknown.

For pete's.

What's so crazy about that?

Realize that even with internet, they cannot just find out how to create new technology. They need to have their hands on it.
Since they're shunned by the world and only trade with China, where else are they going to get this?

edit on 28-3-2014 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

It's Telecommunications station for the navy, of course it's operational.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Seek_Truth

It's Telecommunications station for the navy, of course it's operational.

Could have sworn you said a couple pages back that it was in storage.

Must not have been referring to this VLF station.

Over The Horizon Backscatter, or OTH-B. JORN is the one in Australia, and there are two in cold storage in the US. Those are currently the only confirmed ones out there.

edit on 27America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:23:27 -0500u3110 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join