It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 322
<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

I cannot answer that question, however I have been on ships that were carrying bananas from Costa Rica to the US and I cannot imagine a case where enough co2 would be released to incapacitate the crew and/or everyone on the plane in just a matter of hours. Not even sure that the co2 would make it to the cabin in any case.

I have received shipments of aircraft parts that were shipped by plane (cargo plane) that arrived icey cold when the ambient temp on ground during the summer was in the 90s. And I mean ice cold by the time I got them which was hours after arriving at the airport.

I sincerely doubt the fruit played a part.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

bbracken677

I sincerely doubt the fruit played a part.

hehe I know, I put the probability up there with intentional pilot-suicide/murder.

It's just given me an idea to experiment over my break >

Edit: Was looking at the explosive point of view, hence what the fruit was packed in. If canisters of C02 can explode in certain conditions...well...
But I should come back from my fantasy Aurora-world sometime today right?
edit on 27-3-2014 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

No doubt pal!!!
Only thing I could speculate is that maybe Export of produce differs on each Continent!!!
Still suspicious as you said!!!

As for lithium batteries... I'm sure overheating is what causes the reactionary problems!!!

I doubt overheating would occur at such an altitude, but I'm probably wrong about that as well

Peace BB!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Over The Horizon Backscatter, or OTH-B. JORN is the one in Australia, and there are two in cold storage in the US. Those are currently the only confirmed ones out there.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

At cruising altitudes the temps tend to be rather cold, even during the summer. As I stated in another post, I have received shipments of aircraft parts that were almost too cold to handle with bare hands during the summer because they flew in the cargo hold...I believe they shipped in cargo planes though.

I don't think we ever received aircraft parts that were shipped via commercial passenger. That is pretty expensive. You ship by Airlines when it's too late to get overnight by FedEx or UPS and you absolutely have to have it the next day. The supplier has to take it to the airport/airline and you have to go pick it up as well once it arrives. Triple whammy.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

There is tons of cargo moved every day on passenger flights. From mail, to just about anything else you can think of. And a tiny fraction of it gets screened (I speak from first hand experience).

Anchorage Alaska measures air freight, just on cargo flights, in the billions of tons every year. There is so much freight, and so little weight from passenger bags that airlines supplement their income by adding freight to the flight.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I think Shah then placed the plane in a circling turn out over the water 200-300 miles out and made his demands known to the Malaysian authorities: Vacate the verdict against Ibrahim or I will dive this plane into the water. If successful, Shah might have planned to return to Kuala Lumpur, or to land in Australia and ask for political asylum, hoping the circumstance mitigated him being charged with air piracy and hijacking. Shah would have left himself enough time and fuel to get back to one of these destinations safely.

Read more: sofrep.com...

Best scenario I have read and I would bet money it is close to being true.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

auroraaus
In the news: Search area being shifted 1000kms to the north-east

Search area shifted

Australian authorities have shifted the search for the missing Malaysian pasenger plane in the Indian Ocean 1000km to the north-east.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority said on Friday it is acting on Malaysian advice that the plane may have been travelling faster than previously thought, which would have used up its fuel more quickly.
International search teams have been focusing efforts on the southern Indian Ocean, but no debris has been recovered so far. The new search area is 319,000 square kilometres and just over 1850km west of the nearest city, Perth.

Well, of course!, that makes sense.
Not like you would make much better time...
And - Inmarsat's peer-reviewed mathematics... Oh, yeah... ???

Faster = further in time
Not = shorter in time

Show me where I'm missing this one...

If I travel at 100 mph (Yes - idiot that measures in miles)...on 10 gallons (Yes to that too)...reducing my Miles/Gallon to 10 mpg... I will travel 100 miles in 1 hour (and 'hours' too)

If I travel at 70 mph...on 10 gallons...improving my Miles/Gallon to 15 mpg... I will be able to travel 105 miles in 1 hour and 30 minutes.

The only way I can see their 'new math' working is if they are now trying to incorporate a longer (more roundabout) route into the calculations.
If we're talking about the same route as before - 8:11 is still 8:11, whether you're at Mach 1 or 540 mph.

Probably not seeing it as you.
Let me know if you see where I'm missing it...here.
Thanks.
edit on 3/27/2014 by WanDash because: don't even know

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

But why would anyone who was such a devout follower of Anwar Ibrahim further tarnish his image/name by threatening to or carrying out murder of innocent people? (please, keep jihad and other forms of terrorism out of this question)

It just doesn't make sense and it seems like this theory is being put out to further undermine Anwar's credibility.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Yeah, when you start talking miles and gallons, my feeble mortal mind cannot compute. I like diagrams and shiny things.

I think it is possible I have some sort of math dyslexia?

Also, 3 coffees down, still booting up.

Can you break what you are trying to say down into layman terms? Or, Aurora-terms?

Cheers x

(PS: When in doubt, ask Zaphod!)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Maybe I am wrong but wouldn't a faster moving plane rule out autopilot (ghost-plane theory)? Weren't they already figuring all the math based on maximum autopilot speeds?

And if the plane went down even earlier, how then do they explain the new final ping data(the half-handshake)?

This is absolutely absurd.

I truly am starting to feel like Scully on the X-Files... The more you try to justify a non-conspiracy the more you are slapped in the face.

edit on 27-3-2014 by OatDelphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

auroraaus
reply to post by WanDash

...my feeble mortal mind...
I like...shiny things.
...Can you break what you are trying to say down into layman terms?...

Well - thanks for letting me snip snip... (not making fun of you - just - having fun...with you)

I can break a lot of things. Do quite often.
I'm thinking something like - this little piggy went to market...but, don't really know where to go with that, so...

8:11 is still the stop ping (or - within 8 minutes, thereof), according to the Inmarsat group that gave us the best solution ever.

If the plane was travelling 'faster'...on the Inmarsat Southern Course...and
the last ping was 8:11
the distance travelled would have been further than
if it was going 'slower'...on the Inmarsat Southern Course...and
the last ping was still...8:11

I know I'm not saying it any better...
Let me get another Scotch down...and, maybe I'll try again.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

No it was based on cruising speed for the plane.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

bbracken677

I don't think we ever received aircraft parts that were shipped via commercial passenger. That is pretty expensive. You ship by Airlines when it's too late to get overnight by FedEx or UPS and you absolutely have to have it the next day. The supplier has to take it to the airport/airline and you have to go pick it up as well once it arrives. Triple whammy.

Our counter to counter AOG parts ship via pax planes. Even then they get cold soaked.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I get what you are saying, but in the end it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

If they are going a lot faster, they burn more fuel and come down sooner.

If they are going slower, they burn less fuel but it takes longer to get there.

Based on the ping times, the end area isn't going to be a huge difference.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

auroraaus
reply to post by 727Sky

But why would anyone who was such a devout follower of Anwar Ibrahim further tarnish his image/name by threatening to or carrying out murder of innocent people? (please, keep jihad and other forms of terrorism out of this question)

It just doesn't make sense and it seems like this theory is being put out to further undermine Anwar's credibility.

In my opinion - it was a professionally-written piece.
A lot of information was at the writer's fingertips, or within their experiential grasp that I would not have known, if not for reading the piece.
For that (new information), I am glad to have had the opportunity to consider it.
I felt that the writer gave a good stab at the same thing we've all been trying to take a good stab at. They may have added a lot more context (that might or might not be relevant to this mystery), and given a couple more plausible considerations (submarine's hearing a plane crash into the ocean) - but - they likewise, continued to use information that is...not verified, and that is further, in conflict with other information.
We have so much information that conflicts with other information...there is almost no way to know that you have the most current and accurate batch, available.
Where do you go?
Go to an article published at noon, yesterday...and by 7 pm, the same day...the information is passé/outdated.
Try to find ONE piece that is accurate and up-to-date...and - Good Luck. My eyes cross and blurrrrr.

Something you said - may be true. I guess I haven't been thinking in those terms...but - why would someone with the mass of knowledge in that region (as the theory's author apparently has) paint such a picture...if not for...political purposes?
I could be wrong. Usually am...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You would know better than me but isn't the autopilot set to run at the cruising speed of mach .84 (630mph or 1013 kph)?
edit on 27-3-2014 by OatDelphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

727Sky

I think Shah then placed the plane in a circling turn out over the water 200-300 miles out and made his demands known to the Malaysian authorities: Vacate the verdict against Ibrahim or I will dive this plane into the water. If successful, Shah might have planned to return to Kuala Lumpur, or to land in Australia and ask for political asylum, hoping the circumstance mitigated him being charged with air piracy and hijacking. Shah would have left himself enough time and fuel to get back to one of these destinations safely.

Read more: sofrep.com...

Best scenario I have read and I would bet money it is close to being true.

Outstanding article and is a great possibility. Seems like all the pieces fit.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

LOL, Zaphod cleared it up easier for me xD

*pats*

Second post... not sure if you're being sarcastic or putting me down, so, have another scotch

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by WanDash

I get what you are saying, but in the end it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

If they are going a lot faster, they burn more fuel and come down sooner.

If they are going slower, they burn less fuel but it takes longer to get there.

Based on the ping times, the end area isn't going to be a huge difference.

Thanks Zaphod58
But - a thousand KM is a pretty significant difference (2 hours or so, flight time?)... ?
Then again - it's the Malaysians, supposedly calling the shots on this one.
Do you think They are actually calling the shots...or, do you think, like many of the moves that preceded, they are being 'urged' by other parties?

Another thought... Do you think the Super Black Box Finder will continue its voyage to the Indian Ocean?

new topics

top topics

<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join