It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 321
<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Like the HAARP ones Zaphod?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Not that I am aware of, although Motorola were shipping Malaysian made walkie-talkies/radios to China on said flight... but you know, the flight cargo manifest is in police hands... and no doubt it's "sealed" evidence too.

Not sure if Motorola and Freescale are still part of the same group, they used to be though.

Nice one...
That's interesting... Especially considering the walkie-talkies/radios haven't been kept sealed with other cargo...
I'm now wondering what are the chances a few of those WT/radios were kept for hand luggage as well as shipping!!!

As far as I know, Motorola & FS have parted ways... But probably still work on similar software & hardware programmes!!!
Which programmes took priority in production are probably one of the reasons for the split!!!

Peace Aurora!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Kind of, but not really if that makes sense. The US units use a transmit antenna that is a little over 600 feet by 250 feet or so, with the receiver being over 900 x 450 feet. They are vertical antennas separated to allow for clean data.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

And they block the airspace off, and have the test in the middle of the block. No conflicts.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

roadgravel
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

It seems that there is the possibility to at least crash the FMS but as Zapoid pointed, the pilots would just recover the system.

With out security, who knows what the future holds.

As a former B777 pilot, and current Boeing pilot i can tell you that you cant crash anything else than ACARS trough ACARS (not sure if it can be crashed, but bogus flightplans can be uplinked) .

But again, waypoints and altitudes are always cheked and compared with other sources before flight, so bogus flightplans won't make any difference either.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

You might find this article interesting buddy. I bolded a bit that was a bit worrisome.

Motorola's cargo on mh370

The ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is believed to have been carrying in its cargo a two-tonne load of walkie-talkies and lithium ion batteries belonging to Motorola Malaysia.

A source in the aviation forwarding industry said though the cargo originated from Penang where Motorola’s factory is located, it was packed and trucked to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).

He said it is believed that Motorola’s freight forwarder NNR Global Logistics Sdn Bhd was tasked with ensuring the load was packed and that its documents met stringent international standards before being loaded into the aircraft.

Malaysia Airlines chief executive officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya admitted that the plane was carrying in total 200kgs "small" lithium ion batteries, it was considered not hazardous as it was packaged according to safety regulations.

The source added that although the shipment contained lithium ion batteries, it did not mean the cargo was illegal because such loads are allowed to fly on planes.

“Often, these goods are declared as dangerous goods because of its characteristic but they were within permissible levels of shipment. What this means is that the commodity was within the dangerous goods threshold.

“The dangerous threshold for lithium ion batteries is not measured by its weight but its watt per hour measurement. For instance, a handphone probably would measure 100 grams watt per hour which is not lethal.

“The watt per hour measurement indicates the battery activity by the hour,” said the source in response to the admission by Malaysia Airlines that MH370 was flying 200kg of lithium ion batteries apart from four tonnes of mangosteens.

On Mar 8, the Boeing 777-200ER aircraft to Beijing disappeared from the Subang Air Traffic Control's primary radar 40 minutes after taking off from KLIA at 12.41am.

Two days ago, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak announced that the plane carrying 239 passengers including 12 crew members "ended" at the southern Indian Ocean.

Speculations of an onboard fire starting in the cargo area and smoke engulfing the cockpit that might have incapacitated the pilots, have been made by several experts, thereby fuelling the "ghost plane" theory.

Air accidents particularly those involving cargo planes have been recorded as a result of an inflight fire ensuing from overheated batteries such as the UPS Airlines Flight 6 that crashed near the Dubai International Airport on Sept 3, 2010.

It was also reported that the US-based Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) revealed that 141 air incidents occurred between March 1991 and Feb 17 this year as result of batteries carried as cargo or baggage.

According to news reports referencing the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), dangerous goods are defined as articles or substances capable of posing risk to health, safety, property or the environment.

In terms of MH370, it is strongly believed that the Malaysian police is investigating the Penang shipment as well as the mangosteen load which originated in Melaka.

Managing director of regular Motorola’s forwarder, NNR Global Logistics, Chan You Leong could not be reached for comment.

The source said one cannot rule out the possibility of the batteries going up in flames due to ill-packing methods or storing in the belly of the aircraft.

What was more worrying, he added, was the fact that cargos are not usually scanned by airlines because they allegedly take for granted that the load was safe and the freight forwarder would have complied with the regulation.

He said it was common among airlines that cargos are not scanned particularly when the similar load was flown regularly.

“The airway bill was one of four documents that could indicate the items being transported but at times, it would be written up as electronic items which is of not much help.

“What Malaysia Airlines should reveal are the cargo manifest, master airway bill, house airway bill or consol manifest, and invoice or packing list.

“The packing list is a confidential or privileged document shared between the forwarder and shipper only.

“If the airline was suspicious of the contents of the cargo, it could request for the material safety data sheet (MSDS) from the manufacturer of the goods itself to learn the contents of the goods,” he said.

The source with 20 years experience in the industry said due to previous known air crash incidents resulting from a fire originating from lithium ion batteries, airlines such as Qatar Airways categorically disallow such cargos.

The former International Air Transport Association official who has previously spoken to fz.com reiterated the concern was in less declared "hidden dangerous goods" such as flammable liquids, lubricants, corrosive or oxidising materials.

“It could be due to the fact that they are excepted quantity meaning the amount transported is negligible but it should not be ruled out as a cause to air crashes.

“It could be a blatant mistake of a shipper or forwarder in failing to declare,” he said.

Meanwhile lol, I was google searching motorola mh370 (as the flight number) and walkie talkies... apparently the mh370 is a model of walkie talkie by motorola. What a co-inky-dink!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

On the one hand, we have the US that is omniscient and knows exactly what happened to flight 370 because (fill in the blank) and we know where every plane is in the world and what they are doing at any given time and is keeping silent on the fate of flight 370.

Or we have the US that is so inept it cannot test a weapon without shooting down a passenger jumbo jet.

Cool.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I've only had one coffee today so forgive my ignorance:

Is it a kind of over-the-horizon research radar?

We have some here in Australia.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

As a former B777 pilot, and current Boeing pilot i can tell you that you cant crash anything else than ACARS trough ACARS (not sure if it can be crashed, but bogus flightplans can be uplinked) .

If ACARS can talk to the FMS then the possibility exists. Bad data can cause software to do weird things, like crash. Not saying it is at the point it can be done today.

Given the state of software development and hacking development, I would believe this situation is being investigated and safe guards if need built.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

That article is quite shocking pal, I'm genuinely surprised!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Is it just me, or do others think it is in fact quite unusual for a passenger flight to hold lithium batteries, tonnes of mangosteen & corporate shipments???
I find this quite odd, I thought cargo was specifically for passenger luggage!!!
I'd have thought shipments like those would be made via the company's directly as with most import/export...
Maybe I'm wrong about how I/E works though!

Meanwhile lol, I was google searching motorola mh370 (as the flight number) and walkie talkies... apparently the mh370 is a model of walkie talkie by motorola. What a co-inky-dink!!!

Indeed!!!
Any word in if these were the WT types being shipped?
Never been big on coincidence, defies everything we know about Science (especially Physics to which apparently everything has an answer) being able to explain everything, so that would really be pushing it!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

bbracken677

On the one hand, we have the US that is omniscient and knows exactly what happened to flight 370 because (fill in the blank) and we know where every plane is in the world and what they are doing at any given time and is keeping silent on the fate of flight 370.

Or we have the US that is so inept it cannot test a weapon without shooting down a passenger jumbo jet.

Cool.

USS Vincennes...
alt-f4.org...
edit on 27-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
In the news: Search area being shifted 1000kms to the north-east

Search area shifted

Australian authorities have shifted the search for the missing Malaysian pasenger plane in the Indian Ocean 1000km to the north-east.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority said on Friday it is acting on Malaysian advice that the plane may have been travelling faster than previously thought, which would have used up its fuel more quickly.
International search teams have been focusing efforts on the southern Indian Ocean, but no debris has been recovered so far. The new search area is 319,000 square kilometres and just over 1850km west of the nearest city, Perth.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I think they are older models though, not for sale any more.

What interested me, was that the cargo isn't really "checked" going on board the plane, especially if it's generally the same quantity and the same thing on the packing if it's a usual occurrence... which leads me to think that it could be possible that something was shipped under the guise of another shipment. If that makes sense? I need more coffee Charlie!

Edit to add: I don't think it's too odd for passenger planes being used for commercial/private cargo. I mean, that's how we repatriate corpses from overseas, right? People sometimes use passenger planes to transport their animals/pets, some of their household goods if moving and would prefer them being on a plane than on a container ship (like works of art etc), sometimes goods which are sought urgently are shipped this way, or need to be shipped quickly because they are perishable (like...mangosteens...but surely that would go on a cargo plane, right??)

edit on 27-3-2014 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I find it highly suspicious that the aircraft was carrying mangosteens (tropical fruits). Highly suspicious.

The lithium batteries could possibly cause an event that might lead to tragedy I suppose. I am not up on what conditions would cause them to catch fire, explode or whatever. I think I may do a little googling to see what I can learn from the interwebs since this is not the first time I have seen a reference to the safety concerns.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Artcile from 2012 and event from 2010. Is it any better today. Bombs in laser printers.

Before dawn a bomb squad arrived on the scene. The plane had been cleared and left at 4:20 am, without the package identified by its waybill number as the laser printer. Officers inspected the printer and lifted out the ink cartridge but found no explosive device. According to security sources, they also brought in specially trained dogs and passed the printer through an X-ray scanner, but those, too, failed to locate any explosives.

The security cordon around the area where the laser printer had been isolated was lifted. But Saudi counter-terrorism officials implored British authorities to re-examine the printer. When they did, they found 400 grams of the high-explosive PETN inside the ink cartridge.

The bomb had been timed to explode hours earlier. But the bomb squad had inadvertently defused the device earlier when they had lifted the printer cartridge out of the printer, disconnecting the explosives from the timer.

A similar drama had been playing out at an airport in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, where another printer bomb had been located that same day. These were some of the most sophisticated explosive devices ever seen from al Qaeda.
Timeline: 2010 printer bomb scareTimeline: 2010 printer bomb scare

These discoveries on October 29, 2010, sent shock waves through Western capitals. Not only had these bombs gone through screenings at several airports without being detected, they also had traveled on passenger jets during the first legs of their journeys.

And most disturbing of all: For many hours, the explosives went undetected by bomb experts in two countries, despite being right in front of them.

Link

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Mikeultra

bbracken677

Cool.

USS Vincennes...
alt-f4.org...
edit on 27-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

Yeahh...but the Vincennes was in the "heat of battle" (lol) and not just testing weaponry. Besides, the point was that we always seem to think in extremes. If you have read any of my posts on other forums (specially the politics) you would know that my opinion of the US's efficiency and "omniscience" is a very poor one.

The US is good at 4 things: blowing stuff up, inefficiency, red tape and bureaucracy.

In a controlled test scenario, however, I do not believe our military is quite that dysfunctional.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

I would like to know how much C02 would be released from 3-4 tonnes of mangosteens, should they be "rotting" (not fresh, like how they should be shipped) and what they were packed in.

But you know, another one of my harebrained ideas

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I think they are older models though, not for sale any more.

Nice one, I'm sure we're all hoping for less conspiracy at this stage!

edit on 27-3-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: huge chunk of text missing when I replied to a quote... keeps happening... don't know why!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Something wrong with my posts...
I'll try again!!!

Peace!
edit on 27-3-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

which leads me to think that it could be possible that something was shipped under the guise of another shipment. If that makes sense? I need more coffee Charlie!

That's a good point!!!
What you highlighted definitely suggested they'd be none-the-wiser to a switch!!!
Unbelievable that they are allowed in this day & age!!!
Enjoy the Coffee pal, it's 2:30am so I'll call it an early night I reckon

I don't think it's too odd for passenger planes being used for commercial/private cargo.

Appreciate the insight, it'd be expected that Cargo Planes would be used, but I guess I/E differs across each Continent!!!

Peace Aurora!

top topics

<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join