It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 319
<< 316  317  318    320  321  322 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

They don't use radar, they use sonar. Sound waves go through water much better than radar does. Under the right conditions, you can detect some ships a very long way away from where you are.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Arbitrageur
reply to post by roadgravel

Thanks. That's about what I'd expect. So, if Inmarsat's analysis is correct, we don't have to wonder if the plane might be in another location due to a changed transponder hex code?

That is the impression I am getting from what I can find.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Mikeultra

Of course they have. Because, again, having the ability to take control of a plane, and crash it wherever you want to makes PERFECT sense. And apparently everyone on Diego Garcia is blind too, because no one has seen it there.

Well actually I saw something last night that said Diego Garcia had an interruption of flights out or in for 3 days starting on 03/08/2014! As soon as I find it I will post it. It looks like they flew out a bunch of people for the incoming MH370. This must have been planned far in advance.

pbs.twimg.com...

This 72 hour closure was allegedly for a laser weapon test! Way earlier in the thread I mentioned the LAWS weapon system. Maybe the test target was MH370?

edit on 27-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Zapoid, what do you make of this info especially concerning the last way point and circle vs magnetic course. Could this apply if the programmed path was change to a single way point for a return. Could there ave been only one point?

roadgravel
This article points out that based on the ping data the aircraft would seem to have been programmed to the south instead of flying on autopilot after last way point.

Now for an interesting piece of information that does not appear to have been considered in detail. A pilot on PPRUNE pointed out that there are two different modes of operation of the 777 flight management computer. A programmed route will take a straight line (great circle) route to the next programmed waypoint, but if there is no longer any waypoint in the computer, then the plane will fly on a magnetic bearing. While this is not material around Malaysia, it becomes highly significant in the Southern Ocean.

As a result, a magnetic heading would need to start out going significantly further west (and would also fly much further) to end up at the same point as a great circle route.

It is easy to see that in combination with Jeff Wise’s chart of the ping lines, a magnetic bearing heading is highly unlikely to have resulted in the 3.11am ping arc lying outside the 2.11am ping arc. Once this is realized, the hypothesis that the plane suffered an accident that left it flying on autopilot becomes rather less likely than the plane being deliberately directed towards a part of the southern ocean where presumably whoever was in charge believed the aircraft would never be found.

Indeed the NTSB tracks appear to implicitly assume an absolute not a magnetic heading, so would require the plane to be flying in a pre-programmed direction. Of course we need to see the ping arcs themselves (or at least get absolute confirmation about the trend in the ping arcs) before reaching a definitive conclusion, but this issue appears quite significant for any assessment of what might have happened onboard MH370.

Link

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Or, they were doing maintenance on the runway, or the ILS, or any one of a dozen other reasons to close a runway for a few days. Couldn't be that though. Doesn't fit into a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Fully grasping it now thank you pal!!!

Radio Waves suffer underwater where sound frequencies thrive!!!

Peace Zaphod!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

And the opposite is true in air.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I'm still looking at all the data honestly.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There could easily be 24/7 AWACS monitoring of the region, or other flight monitoring technology in service, not necessarily land based.

I stand convinced, Diego Garcia (or some other such U.S. military concern) either monitored this flight, or did not, and from my perspective, either of these scenario's is a problem.

And this flight did not necessarily have to land in DG, there may indeed have been a remote interception of this plane and subsequent ditching of it in as remote as possible region of that part of the world for safety/security reasons, perchance there were radioactive concerns.

If radiation were involved, no entity would be too quick to come upon the crash site out of health concerns.

All speculation, indeed, as has been the 300+ pages of this thread.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smokenmirrors

That would require AWACS to be stationed at the base, and there aren't any there at all usually. You might occasionally get one stopping in, but the only things that routinely pass through are KC-135s, and bombers. But that still wouldn't get you complete coverage of the area.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Did anyone find a reliable radar source (er, not Malaysia), about the turn right after blackout.

-Did flightradar24 actual show 370 start the right turn to the next easterly way point (didn't the last send show that?)

Or

-Is thailand radar being used to confirm the left (NW) turn and there is high confidence in that data (the MSM repeat this one)

edit on 3/27/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by rockflier

and of course having followed procedures,,,,,

too the pilots horrow,, the flight control system was indeed hijacked,, and the earlier,threat was implimented by the flight computer software,, assend to 45,000 ft,,

commence
in
ps do not attempt too dissengage,

have a nice day

You cannot remotely hack the onboard systems. You would have to be present in the plane and hooked up physically to the system. It's not like the computer is hooked up to the internet....

The most secure computer is one that is not powered up and is locked up in a closet.
The second most secure computer is one that is not networked....the only way to hack it is to be physically present at the keyboard.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

You cannot remotely hack the onboard systems. You would have to be present in the plane and hooked up physically to the system. It's not like the computer is hooked up to the internet....

The most secure computer is one that is not powered up and is locked up in a closet.
The second most secure computer is one that is not networked....the only way to hack it is to be physically present at the keyboard.

With the sort of technology that, theoretically, Freescale Semiconductor produce???

Peace BB!!!

On that subject, for any who read this...
Why are these FS workers not being looked into???
Why has the mention of the FS workers been non-existent for about the last 100 pages of this Thread???

Did I miss something that ruled out the possibility of their involvement???

Peace everybody!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

bbracken677

You cannot remotely hack the onboard systems.

Unless, of course, there was a system in place that was developed to deter hijackers from flying jets in to buildings, said system incorporated into certain commercial aircraft, being a top secret addition to U.S./World security measures, having it's secrecy uncompromised.

I find it entirely plausible.

Conjecture, yes? Some evidence of such a system?, yes, contained in these 300 pages.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

smokenmirrors

Yeah, I get it, that's what you believe, I already knew that, however....

This old boy remains open to the possibility there are other ways to track aircraft than that over the horizon thingamajiggy.

It remains my opinion that Diego Garcia is armed to the teeth. To convince me the Navy is unaware of stray aircraft flying by to the east, west, or otherwise would take quite an argument.

It's my opinion that they have radar that can track all aircraft anywhere in the world from Diego Garcia. They bounce it off the magnetosphere. It is also my opinion that Diego Garcia is a secret launch site for fake UFO's that are sent around the world to bumfuzzle people into believing in UFOs. They use the UFO's to spy on other countries as well...we have had cloaking technology for 20 years which is why they decided to tell everyone about our stealth planes and how the technology works since they have been obsolete since cloaking tech was invented.

I also think the US is responsible for every plane crash of the last 20 years. True story.....It's all run from HAARP and Son of HAARP located deep in the Pacific Ocean.

I am currently mounting a cloaking device on my car. Imagine a Highway patrolman's face when I disappear right in front of him!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Those workers didn't have anything to do with the defense side of the company.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

CharlieSpeirs

So how does Radar work on a Submarine???
Or do they use something similar to Radar???
Not to sound argumentative or pedantic, I'm genuinely curious pal!!!

I'd also say my point was in terms of "forbidden classified ATS technology", which probably finds a loophole in our knowledge of the Laws of Physics, compared to the SS of the Superpowers!!!

Edit: I thinks it's SONAR as the person above has said, could be wrong again though!!!

Peace Zaphod!!!
edit on 27-3-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Edit Stated!!!

Yeah...it's called sonar.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Yeah...that's it.

The US normally tests it's weapon systems on Commercial Passenger Jets. I hear it's like shooting fish in a barrel and loads of fun!! Even better than tossing a chicken out of a plane and watching it flap wings trying to catch back up to the craft. Then the chicken just gives up and drops until it makes a "poof" of feathers on the ground.

*facepalm*

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

bbracken677

Check this Link

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

bbracken677

*facepalm*

new topics

top topics

<< 316  317  318    320  321  322 >>

join