It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 316
<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

and for all of the "Virus & Spyware Techs." the most important thing that u must do ,,when encountering a hijack of your OS sys,,is
1. DO NOT REBOOT /OR POWER SYSTEM OFF!!!!

gotcha

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Daughter2

Zaphod58
reply to post by BobAthome

Because you can't hack a commercial plane. Even if you could the pilots can override the computer, or reboot it, and at that point they're back in control of the plane.

I've noticed a reoccurring theme to your posts. You seemed to think if tech isn't acknowledge by PUBLIC release, it's IMPOSSIBLE.

Not true.....

Of course there's stuff which is kept secret. As for hacking, plenty of things have been hacked into that were thought to be secure. Goodness, on a daily basis hackers find ways to circumvent security.

This addresses the hacking issues.

As a safety measure, Boeing has built in the ability for pilots to override the fly-by-wire system, giving the pilot the ultimate control over plane.

Source:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Because by now there would be, if not rumors of it, people outright whistleblowing on it. The civilian side of things isn't nearly as tightly held as the military side.

You will never convince me that every single mechanic that has worked on it, every single pilot, every single engineer and employee that installed it, and every single person that has been a controller monitoring it all think that this is anything but a disaster waiting to happen, and has kept their mouth shut about it for 8 years and counting.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You're right. Because magically if they hack a plane, turning the system off by pulling the breaker allows them to keep access to it. It's a miracle! Just like the pilots overriding it apparently lets them keep access to it too. Wow! That's amazing technology they have.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

The fly-by-wire system replaces the steel cables. Period.

ya it sucks but hey,,,if it aint cable as in steel cable,,,its computer/electrical.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

actually can a 777 maintain flight with the absence of ALL software assisted controls,, including fly by wire.

yes/no

if yes go to line 1

run.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

BobAthome

The fly-by-wire system replaces the steel cables. Period.

ya it sucks but hey,,,if it aint cable as in steel cable,,,its computer/electrical.

Engineers also left some of the original cable system intact as another backup system. In other words, Boeing has attempted to counter Murphy's Law such that if anything can go wrong there is a backup!

Source:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

and of course having followed procedures,,,,,

too the pilots horrow,, the flight control system was indeed hijacked,, and the earlier,threat was implimented by the flight computer software,, assend to 45,000 ft,,

commence
in
ps do not attempt too dissengage,

have a nice day

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I guess I do not understand the system. I thought that the original control cables, steel braided, were separate from the computer system. If the computer is not connected to the steel cables, how can it affect them? Seriously, I need educated. Thanks for your time.

And you also, have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

First off there is no way they reached 45,000 feet. Hacked or not the rules of physics still apply.

Secondly, the 777 can fly without the computer just fine. It's designed so that the computer can be shut down or bypassed and the control inputs go directly to the control surfaces from the yoke. No middle man involved. The control yoke input overrides other inputs.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Restricted

Myrtales Instinct
Sealed?

Hmmm..... early on the didn't the Malaysian government say this was a threat to their national security?

If you add the two together it implies they've known from the get-go what was up.

Do you have a source for that?

It wasn't the actual government - it was the opposition (Anwar Ibrahim) calling for Zahid to quit over the military radar blunder, citing it as a
threat to their national security.

my.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

gisolator
Sorry in case this was posted already:

Malaysia says there's sealed evidence on MH370 that cannot be made public
If that's confirmed I'm surprised they would seal the ATC communications. That will fuel some conspiracy theories and if I was a family member I'd want to know why it's sealed. I'm not even a family member and I still want to know.

huummmmm political murder now comes to mind, it wouldn't be the first one.

Too long to post here......

MURDER BY PLANE CRASH

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The patent filing for the BUAP was picked up by some media outlets back in 2007:

A hijack-proof piloting system for airliners is being developed to prevent terrorists repeating the 9/11 outrages. The mechanism is designed to make it impossible to crash the aircraft into air or land targets - and enable the plane to be flown by remote control from the ground in the event of an emergency. Scientists at aircraft giant Boeing are testing the tamper-proof autopilot system which uses state-of-the-art computer and satellite technology. It will be activated by the pilot flicking a simple switch or by pressure sensors fitted to the cockpit door that will respond to any excessive force as terrorists try to break into the flight deck. Once triggered, no one on board will be able to deactivate the system. Currently, all autopilots are manually switched on and off at the discretion of pilots. The so-called 'uninterruptible autopilot system' - patented secretly by Boeing in the US last week - will connect ground controllers and security services with the aircraft using radio waves and global satellite positioning systems. After it has been activated, the aircraft will be capable of remote digital control from the ground, enabling operators to fly it like a sophisticated model plane, manoeuvring it vertically and laterally. A threatened airliner could be flown to a secure military base or a commercial airport, where it would touch down using existing landing aids known as 'autoland function'. After it had landed, the aircraft's built-in autobrake would bring the plane safely to a halt on the runway. Boeing insiders say the new anti-hijack kit could be fitted to airliners all over the world, including those in the UK, within the next three years.

www.standard.co.uk...

Don't know if there's any validity to Field McConnell's claims, but they are of interest:

Perhaps the most unsettling information in regards to the missing Boeing 777 comes from retired 35 year Delta pilot, Field McConnell, who states that since 1995, Boeing Uninterruptible Auto Pilots have been equipped in Boeing planes. This information was apparently not released until March of 2007, following a subsequent lawsuit by McConnell. The modification was reported to the FAA, NTSB and ALPA ( airline pilots association). According to McConnell’s documents, Boeing is said to have stated that by end of 2009 all Boeing planes would be fitted with the BUAP - making them impossible to manually hijack within the plane but susceptible to remote control by the military, according the flight veteran.

and...

McConnell and his associates further explain the device used to control aircraft through his site abeldanger.net, stating that Hillary Clinton and Rose Law Firm had originally obtained the patent for the Quartz Rate Sensor apparently used in many military crafts: “The QRS-11 GyroChip sensor is used on commercial aircraft to rotate the antenna to receive signals from satellites for the in-flight entertainment system, radar tracking and flight controls. If the aircraft is equipped with a uninterruptible autopilot, signals can be received from a satellite to remotely fly the aircraft. The sensor provides stabilization, flight control, and guidance. It also is used in missiles, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV ) and other military as well as space and industrial applications. Because of the sensitive nature of its military applications, the export of the technology is regulated.” The site continues by asserting what the device is specifically used for: “We allege that the QRS-11 can be used as part of a package of technology to guide aircraft equipped with uninterruptible autopilots turning them into weapons.”

21st Century Wire

edit on 27-3-2014 by Up2dSno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Up2dSno

And yet there is zero evidence that it ever was installed in even a test aircraft, let alone every plane built since then.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Up2dSno

Having used the autoland and autobrake systems on the 757/767, they indeed work fairly well. Not a "roll on" landing but, nonetheless, they do work.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

A high-performance navigation system used primarily for automatic aircraft touchdowns promises centimeterlevel landing accuracy.

Using signals from orbiting GPS satellites and the ground-generated pseudolite signals, 110 autopilot-in-the-loop landings of a United Airlines Boeing 737 were completed. The integrity beacons provided consistent accuracies on the order of a few centimeters during each of the autopiloted runway touchdowns. The successful series was sponsored by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as part of that agency's satellite navigation program.

IntegriNautics is now developing technology and products for a range of FAA, NASA, and Defense Department requirements, as well as commercial and international customers. Indeed, the first commercial sale of pseudolites took place in July 1997. The first pseudolites were sold to customers for use in applications such as aircraft landing research, indoor GPS-based sensing, and robotic vehicle control. A key element of the IntegriNautics product selection is a processor that acts as a turnkey, high-performance positioning system. Several types of GPS pseudolites are presently offered. Work is continuing with Stanford through the STTR program, run through the Langley Research Center.
spinoff.nasa.gov...

This was in 1997. I'm sure it's been perfected and implemented.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So auto landing in 1997 proves.....

Absolutely nothing.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Up2dSno

Thank you for that information. Just because I don't have proof of it being installed on Boeing aircraft, doesn't make it not so. I would think that technology would be kept hush-hush. Raytheon is involved with this as well. I've been looking at the patents. I do that a lot...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

So you think that several thousand people can be kept absolutely silent, even if they think something is a disaster waiting to happen, and could be used to kill thousands of people if someone chose to? Because according to you, that's exactly what has happened here. Not even a rumor has been leaked about this being installed.
edit on 3/27/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by judydawg

Son of Malaysia Airlines captain breaks silence about father

Says his father is not a hijacker. "I understand him," he says

Ahmad Seth, the 26-year-old son of Malaysia Airlines flight 370 Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah, broke his family's silence about the speculation concerning his father.

Ahmad Seth, the 26-year-old son of Malaysia Airlines flight 370 Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah, broke his family's silence about the speculation concerning his father.

new topics

top topics

<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join